Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding dress alteration

Options
  • 12-05-2019 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I’m certain that I’ve found my dress, the only issues (and I’ll deal with it if it can’t be done) is that the dress is a silm aline shape whereas I’d rather it to be more fitted on the hips/thighs.

The material is crepe if that makes any difference.

Has anyone had alterations like this done previously? And if so, did it turn out ok?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭love_love

I know this isn't quite the question you're asking, but I had extensive alterations done to my dress (as in, it was taken in approx 3-4 sizes) and I would recommend All Alterations in Dublin if your alterations are not straightforward. I wouldn't have trusted anyone else to take mine apart and put it back together again, she was absolutely brilliant and so passionate about her craft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

I had only slight alterations done to my dress and it wasn't a typical Wedding dress. Can you ring an alterations shop and ask their opinion and if possible? I used Des Byrne Tailoring on Grafton St.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Thanks Both. I rang Des Byrne and he believes on the info I've given him that it should be possible.

Going to go ahead with it and as I said I love it as it is anyway:)

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Sorry to bump an old thread but any other tried and tested alteration service reviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Pink11 wrote: »
    Sorry to bump an old thread but any other tried and tested alteration service reviews?

I used Altered Image in Phibsboro. Sandra was great to deal with and gave excellent advice. Alterations made to my dress were perfect. I cam PM you her number.

• Advertisement
Advertisement