Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭ Addison Fancy Macrame

Truckermal wrote: »
    Only took a chance last night and stuck in 5k!

You are mental but fair play! Exciting times in the space.

I think we are breaking 8k today on BTC, possibly inevitable, market tanking and bitty volume too strong

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

It’s just madness! :-) Wondering if there is something going on we don’t know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

You are mental but fair play! Exciting times in the space.

I think we are breaking 8k today on BTC, possibly inevitable, market tanking and bitty volume too strong

I'd be surprised now if it doesn't hit at least 10k, and maybe even 11-13k. Any word on when Binance reopen the ability to make withdrawals?

Btw BTC domination is now above 60%. There can only be one Ring to rule them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I'd be surprised now if it doesn't hit at least 10k, and maybe even 11-13k. Any word on when Binance reopen the ability to make withdrawals?

Tomorrow I think we will have to organise a Beer night when it hits 20K!

• Advertisement

Bakkt launch announcement: https://www.newsbtc.com/2019/05/13/bakkt-launches-bitcoin-btc-futures-at-last-crypto-market-strong/

The last few days’ surge might well be related to this.

Tomorrow I think we will have to organise a Beer night when it hits 20K!

20k BTC this year and I'll go even deeper! It's around 10 years old but we are still by and large early adopters, only going one way.

Mortgage paid off, Huracan in the garage, some BTC in the bank, I don't ask for much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

20k BTC this year and I'll go even deeper! It's around 10 years old but we are still by and large early adopters, only going one way.

Mortgage paid off, Huracan in the garage, some BTC in the bank, I don't ask for much.

Your S2000 would make me happy!

Your S2000 would make me happy!

Remember I accept BTC!

Bloomberg just showed a lovely BTC chart up 25%, nice being back on the box.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Fomo train will be arriving on platform 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭KilOit

If you start being positive with Crypto i'm selling everything and getting out of it

$8000 on Coinbase just now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

KilOit wrote: »
    If you start being positive with Crypto i'm selling everything and getting out of it

Come on lads, I run the only Lambo dealership in Ireland. I throw in a free PC gaming ‘rig’ with every purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,703 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

$8000 on Coinbase just now

that's cheating a bit ;)

Livecoinwatch.com, approaching $8k across all exchanges

Even though I'm in I have fomo with this run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

KilOit wrote: »

Positive until the next inevitable crash where he'll return to the usual FUD and "told you so" posts, even whenever Bitcoin is mass adopted he'll still be saying "there's no compelling use for block chain"

• Registered Users Posts: 64,548 ✭✭✭✭unkel

And gone over $8k proper now :eek:
    Even though I'm in I have fomo with this run

Not as much as me, I have 0.00000 BTC :p

$7999.84

When it hits $10k we'll definitely see a huge spike in media coverage, nothing better than a nice round number to peak interests and allow them to say it's returned to half it's ATH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭policy75

Bitcoin is looking like it will be close to USD 10k by the time we wake up tomorrow

unkel wrote: »
    And gone over $8k proper now :eek:

Not as much as me, I have 0.00000 BTC :p

Never to late to buy !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

8k bitcoin!!

8,098.98 United States
    Dollar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭crushproof

Of course I'm sitting here like a lame duck banging my head off my laptop waiting for money to come through to Coinbase

crushproof wrote: »
    Of course I'm sitting here like a lame duck banging my head off my laptop waiting for money to come through to Coinbase

Don't worry about it, it'll be $1,000,000 in a few years so just slap the ask when the funds land.

Sit back and enjoy the ride.

As per title, have we reached the bottom ?

Don't think we'll see the likes of $3200 ever again.

$5150 at time of posting.

Back in the mainstream media once more.

Y'all got any more of that

$5150 bitcoin

Very much expecting a crash at this stage and relatively sobering fall

Just a reminder that when BTC went on it's mad 2017 run to 20k, when that subsided, the money started flowing into alts which were popping, which caused a frenzy of people buying alts that hadn't "popped" yet, eventually triggering the whole market to go vertical

Also worth pointing out, Eth, LTC and BCH have been climbing moderately with this BTC run. Interesting to note that XRP hasn't moved much in a long time (EOS has also been relatively "flat" if you want to count that)

Do any of you know much about the tax aspect of holding long term? I'd like to hold for years, but someone told me that there's some unrealised gains tax after 7-8 years, is this the case? I'd honestly prefer to just hold for many many years, at least some, but if this is the case then it's pretty worrying considering just how high we're hoping the prices to reach

The rate of CGT is ridiculous too, makes you want to potentially emigrate

crushproof wrote: »

You are the "second wave" of the weekend rises FOMO, so many SEPA's and transfers should be coming in tomorrow, be curious to see if it trounces the natural pullback

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I've a dose of Fomo myself and I held tight against the harsh cruel winter.

Only put 500 in back around the 3k mark.

A well next crash ill clean up :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement