Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

gods of rap

• 28-01-2019 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭

Dx_U3piW0AAndC6.jpg:large

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭nialldinho

I wonder what version of Wu-Tang will show up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭fourmations

nialldinho wrote: »

a few affiliates no doubt! might get Gza, Inspectah, Ugod
    no meth, rae or ghost ill bet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Tickets from 78 euro.

You'd wonder will they draw much of a crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Dont think any of them would sell out a mid size show in ireland anymore. I wouldnt expect this bill to sell out the 3 arena. Would be a nice booking for a festival like Indiependence or Sea sessions.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I'd go for DJ Prem on his own. Shame it's in that venue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

cant wait for this, should be some show. Pity the three arena is soulless, overpriced and attracts some fierce amount of teenagers looking to kick off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

I'd pay 80 for premo and one of them on their own, tickets booked and looking forward to it. I would imagine on the night it will be De la, PE and the Wu with premo inbetween.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭weemcd

Can't wait for this one lads

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

a few affiliates no doubt! might get Gza, Inspectah, Ugod
    no meth, rae or ghost ill bet

That would be a disappointment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Meh...not too much into De La Soul or Public Enemy and i dont think WuTang are great live. I guess they'll be missing key members. Venue not great either.
    Seen DJ Premier before with Gang Star in the old Redbox. He was sensational.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭ThePott

Anyone have any idea what time this will wrap up at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Is Method Man with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Is Method Man with them?

nope, not doing this tour.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

nialldinho wrote: »

Wu Tang were the highlight in the UK...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/concerts/gods-rap-wembley-arena-review-wu-tang-clan-save-night-thin-sets/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

nope, not doing this tour.

That's me out :) cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Good to see public enemy ditching the metal guitar riffs

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭fillup

Any idea of stage times for this one?

Cheers

fillup wrote: »
    Any idea of stage times for this one?

Cheers

dj premier 18:30
    de la soul 19:00
    public enemy 19:50
    wu tang 20:45
    finish 22:45

peteeeed wrote: »
    dj premier 18:30
    de la soul 19:00
    public enemy 19:50
    wu tang 20:45
    finish 22:45

Cheers Pete

Early start!!!

Bring da Noize!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Any reviews?

I had a great time but one thing I'll say is if you were anywhere near the back the sound didn't travel .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Missed De La Soul.
    Was up the front for Public Enemy sound terrible but got better back a bit.
    Felt they were dialing it in though.

Wu Tang were great, got the crowd going, ended up in a mosh pit!
    Good night but think rap is better in small venues hard to fill the 3 Arena. (sound wise I mean)

Wasn't feeling the bass and could have turned up the volume a bit!

Sound was actually ok down the back in the seats.. until Wu came on and then they just pushed the sound too far, they did dial it back a bit about half way through their set and it got better.

De la were tight good set.

PE weren't great, couldnt' get my head around the name public enemey radio plus the blanted sponsored by Puma think doesn't really sit well with the PE i grew up with, i felt most of their material was just lost on the crowd. Plus we were waiting for the brexit rant and chuck didn't disappoint.

Wu were good, very polished despite the mostly awful sound, no Method man was a disappointed but ODB's son isn't as annoynig on stage as he is on youtube etc - he's got 'mad' energy. Cappadonna was a nice bonus though '97 mentality made my night :D

Premo was great, the man is so polished and great at getting a crowd hyped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

More shíte sound in the Three Arena. They need to tear the place down and start again.

My 2 cents

De La Soul were disappointing - seemed to be there just to whip up the crowd rather than play their own set.

Public Enemy is what was advertised on original posters but we got PE Lite. Public Enemy Radio?
    No Flava Flav - cmon wtf is that about?
    But Chuck D delivered as always. And DJ Lord was immense - wheels of steel indeed.

And the Wu were much better than i expected - I'd read a few reviews and feared the worst but they were pretty much on the money. Good sounds, flow and visuals -

No issues with sound where we were. De La were a bit low but you'd expect that for 3rd on the bill. PA cranking up as the night wore on.

Audience were pretty cool too - less messy than i expected and a really nice chilled vibe - maybe the cloud of weed hanging over the auditorium explains that one though.

All in all a great nights entertainment and i got to introduce my young lad to some live hip hop royalty.

All in all a great nights entertainment and i got to introduce my young lad to some live hip hop royalty.

:D

Where were you seated there was a guy in fornt of me loving it with his young lad in tow.

tossy wrote: »
    :D

Where were you seated there was a guy in fornt of me loving it with his young lad in tow.
    It was Standing for us

I Always hit the floor unless its a sitty downy kinda gig

Seats looked fairly dead and sparse last night too tbh

How did u find them?

It was Standing for us

I Always hit the floor unless its a sitty downy kinda gig

Seats looked fairly dead and sparse last night too tbh

How did u find them?

We stood for De la but found the sound was bad and it was getting busy so we went up to our seats - was a decent vibe up there and the sound definitely improved. Most people were getting into it up there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭ThePott

Thought it was a great gig. Feared the worst from the reviews but thought it landed pretty well.

De La Soul were great in my opinion got the crowd really hyped too.
    Public Enemy were a bit sloppy, they finished a bit stronger but they were only okay overall.
    Wu were great even though I thought their set list could have done with some tweaking, felt like the middle of their set lost a lot of people but they brought it back around and crushed it by the end.

Regarding sound, I was moving around on the floor a bit and it sounded pretty good maybe a bit of the Wu-Tang's vocals were unclear at times but didn't think it was as bad as people are saying.

Had to literally leave work to get on an aircoach to Dublin, left the gig and got a bus back to Cork by the time I was home, I had to be up for work in less than 4 hours and I felt it was absolutely worth it.

Advertisement