Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Surviving Mars

Options
  • 10-05-2019 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

Launches on Games Pass today.

Anyone given it a try. It looks interesting and very detailed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I've seen it pop up on a hape of discounts on the PS Store, usually bundled with something else, can't recall. Always wondered if it was any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

My friend got it a while back, he likes sim city and the like and thought this might be ok, said he became addicted to it. He tried to get me to buy it but not much interest in these types. Anyway, saw the thread and said I'd pass on a second hand approval of this game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Its on ps4 as well I think is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It is indeed, if you wait you can usually get a good deal on the bundle of Surviving Mars and Cities Skylines, think it was down to €15 recently, but back up to €60 now. By itself, it's €30.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's a fun little game and made better with modding support and a dev team that have been working on improvements since its release and even incorporating the most popular mods into the base game.

I don't know how well it might play on a console - I can't imagine it being any fun trying to manage this sorta game without a mouse.

• Advertisement

Shiminay wrote: »
    It's a fun little game and made better with modding support and a dev team that have been working on improvements since its release and even incorporating the most popular mods into the base game.

I don't know how well it might play on a console - I can't imagine it being any fun trying to manage this sorta game without a mouse.
    Yeah first thing I thought when I saw it on game pass was that's a good one for the PC. 100%'ed apex legends and looking to move onto something totally different, this could fit the bill. Might try before I buy on game pass and then pick it up for PC if I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Yeah first thing I thought when I saw it on game pass was that's a good one for the PC. 100%'ed apex legends and looking to move onto something totally different, this could fit the bill. Might try before I buy on game pass and then pick it up for PC if I like it.

Good idea actually!
    Just checked cdkeys and the base game can be got for only €7.09 right now, so that's a great price if it's worth playing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

Couldn't really get into it at all, found it a bit boring. Haven't really had the proper time to sink into it though.

Have it on PS4, probably much better on PC. Loved Tropico 5 though so I might give this another chance soon.

Advertisement