Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Adidas predator malice

Options
  • 07-05-2019 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

Got a pair of these a few months ago.. Normally take a nine, but had to get an eleven to get a fit, well after 3 months I still can't wear them for a whole match or training session without blisters on my heals.. Jaysus, some waste of 200 blips.. Anyone else suffer with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,599 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I have bought the control ones which are fine. The flare ones fit less well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

I use the Malice SG I got about 2 years ago. I think they're similar or the same as the ones you've listed. Took a little while to break them in.

No issues with sizing and they're a very versatile boot I find.

Have you high arches or anything? My arches are very high and my foot would move around a lot regardless of lace tightness or boot fit. Once I got insoles it is a much snugger fit

• Administrators Posts: 53,356 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Are you sure they're not just too big?

I've found the modern Adidas boots are designed to fit like a glove. They feel a bit weird when you first wear them.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

I use the Malice SG I got about 2 years ago. I think they're similar or the same as the ones you've listed. Took a little while to break them in.

No issues with sizing and they're a very versatile boot I find.

Have you high arches or anything? My arches are very high and my foot would move around a lot regardless of lace tightness or boot fit. Once I got insoles it is a much snugger fit

I'll try a set of insoles, that certainly might help, cheers

awec wrote: »
    Are you sure they're not just too big?

I've found the modern Adidas boots are designed to fit like a glove. They feel a bit weird when you first wear them.

I've been wearing Adidas for years, but havent been wearing preds for a good few seasons, they're defo not too big.. Again, I'd have expected them to be well broken in by now,, but they aren't.. They feel extra stiff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭joseywhales

90's puma king, nothing else can compare

Was an umbro speciali man meself!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

The stench of hair clay and skin products is overwhelming in this thread.

The backs must be talking about fashion again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭franglan

Only boot in town for the gah players amongst us! I take one size up than a normal shoe with these.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭blackdog1

Addidas World cups. Pumas Kings were nice but for a back row or back nothing beat world cups

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Buer wrote: »
    The stench of hair clay and skin products is overwhelming in this thread.

The backs must be talking about fashion again.

What kind of boots did I wear?

Black ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

razorblunt wrote: »
    What kind of boots did I wear?

Black ones.

In first year I came into possession of my cousins old steel toe Adidas boots*. Such was the awe of having actual rugby boots, for a time I was made the pack leader until somebody else got boots of their own.

*The yellow striped ones, no less.

Advertisement