Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nitelinks

• 09-05-2019 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi, all.

I have a few questions related to the Nitelink services operated by Dublin Bus.
    Here goes:

Are there any Dublin Bus stops along the 88N out towards Ashbourne? If so does anyone have the stop no.'s

If I get the 00:00/02:00 or 04:00 88N on a Friday night what approximate time do I arrive in to Ashbourne at and how do I get from Ashbourne back into the city? I live in Sallynoggin so I can figure out my way home from there.

Are the Nitelinks reliable? Are they punctual?

What Nitelinks do you recommend?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

AFAIK the bus will drop you at any stop, it's only pickup that is limited to a smaller number of stops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

I presume your a bus enthusiast maybe if you ask the driver nicely he/she might give you a lift back to the garage failing that you'd probably have to get a taxi back to the city centre which I'd imagine at 3 or 4 in the morning in Ashbourne would be tough to come by. Could wait until 7 in the morning to get the first 103 of the day from Ashbourne if you got the 4am bus.

Do you drive as you could park in Ashbourne then get the last 103 into the city centre then get the 88n back out to pick up your car. In failing all of the above why not try out one of the Nitelinks that serve areas nearer where you live such as the 7n, 84n or the 46n.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,897 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

From experience with other nitelinks they leave Westmoreland St. on time, like a mass exodus, getting to Ashbourne really depends on if there is any rowdyism on the bus or problems requiring Garda intervention but that doesn't happen too often, as stated earlier though it's a one way system and no nitelinks back to the city and leaves you reliant on an early morning bus or taxi.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

There is a BE service 109A that runs every hour from Ashbourne, at about 40 minutes past the hour, and between midnight and 0600 it goes from Ashbourne to the Airport, and then to Busaras, then back via the same route to Kells. Outside of those hours, the 103 service covers the service from Ashbourne to Busaras (it's not actually inside Busaras, but I've not used it recently to know exactly where the new stop is)
    Hope that helps

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭DUBLINBUSGUY

Thanks for the responses everyone. I don't drive and nor do I want to pay for a taxi so I am relying on public transport here! I would be looking at doing it on a Friday night as the Saturday bus services usually start earlier than on a Sunday. The 109A back into town and then the 06:15 7A home looks good for me. Stephen15 as you suggested I should my "local" Nitelinks. I want to do them too and they'll be much easier to get home from it's just the 88N looks very interesting as it goes to Meath and is the only Dublin Bus route to do so.

• Advertisement

loyatemu wrote: »
    AFAIK the bus will drop you at any stop, it's only pickup that is limited to a smaller number of stops.

Yes I know. At the moment I'm looking at getting the full 04:00 bus from Westmoreland Street to Ashbourne, was just wondering if there are any bus stops that are 88N served only and if anyone knows what the stop number for the 88N arriving into Ashbounre is would be handy.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Hi, all.

I have a few questions related to the Nitelink services operated by Dublin Bus.
    Here goes:

Are there any Dublin Bus stops along the 88N out towards Ashbourne? If so does anyone have the stop no.'s

If I get the 00:00/02:00 or 04:00 88N on a Friday night what approximate time do I arrive in to Ashbourne at and how do I get from Ashbourne back into the city? I live in Sallynoggin so I can figure out my way home from there.

Are the Nitelinks reliable? Are they punctual?

What Nitelinks do you recommend?

Thanks.

Taken from, https://www.dublinbus.ie/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/88n-Revised-Times/
    Pick-up Points

Phibsboro Road (Shopping Centre), Seamus Ennis Road (opposite Finglas Credit Union), Finglas Village (Finglas Road, opposite Finglas Place)

Stops 78,987, & 4548. (Double check those numbers as Nitelink does not necessarily follow daytime route patterns in any one area)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Taken from, https://www.dublinbus.ie/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/88n-Revised-Times/

Stops 78,987, & 4548. (Double check those numbers as Nitelink does not necessarily follow daytime route patterns in any one area)

Thanks! Yes I think it loops a lot around the Finglas area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭thomasj

Forgive me for asking but does anyone know why ashbourne needs the 88N, when there is already a 24 hour bus service?

thomasj wrote: »
    Forgive me for asking but does anyone know why ashbourne needs the 88N, when there is already a 24 hour bus service?

Very good question actually. The route is so strange and unique I am excited to do a run on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Very good question actually. The route is so strange and unique I am excited to do a run on it.

Presumably the 88n dates back to before the 109a became 24 hours. It's also the only nitelink that I'm aware of serving the Finglas area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭john boye

thomasj wrote: »

Maybe they'd rather keep the late night revellers on the Nitelink?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

john boye wrote: »
    Maybe they'd rather keep the late night revellers on the Nitelink?

You get a fair share of revellers on the 109A too!

I used the 88N a few times until I found out about the 109A.. so much quicker! Having said that there have been a few times when it hasn't shown.. but I'd still take it over the nitelink

Advertisement