Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferry Abroad

Options
  • 09-05-2019 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Is there a website, similar to sky scanner but for ferries.
    Somewhere that I can view the options of where I can depart in a ferry from Ireland and all the destination options available?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

b4bmm wrote: »
    Is there a website, similar to sky scanner but for ferries.
    Somewhere that I can view the options of where I can depart in a ferry from Ireland and all the destination options available?

Direct Ferries website is handy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭b4bmm

Yes I checked that.
    I don't see anything much outside of going to UK or Cherbourg in France.
    Is there nothing that goes to the Nordic countries or Holland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

I don't think any of the ports in Ireland have routes to Nordic Countries or Holland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭chicorytip

There are freight services from Immingham (Humber Estuary) in the U.K. to Gothenburg that also carry passengers and cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭b4bmm

chicorytip wrote: »
      There are freight services from Immingham (Humber Estuary) in the U.K. to Gothenburg that also carry passengers and cars.

Thats good to know, thanks.

1. Advertisement
    2. Registered Users Posts: 10,184 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

b4bmm wrote: »
      Yes I checked that.
      I don't see anything much outside of going to UK or Cherbourg in France.
      Is there nothing that goes to the Nordic countries or Holland?

Can you imagine how long such a ferry would take to get to its destination? You’d have to landbridge to the U.K. for Holland. Doubt there’s a Nordic ferry even from John o Groats.

3. Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Marcusm wrote:
      Can you imagine how long such a ferry would take to get to its destination? You’d have to landbridge to the U.K. for Holland. Doubt there’s a Nordic ferry even from John o Groats.

Yes, there's this big thing called Britain in the way. A lot quicker to drive across it than sail around it

Advertisement