Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prescription lense price?

Options
  • 30-04-2019 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Seen a nice pair of frames online I'm going to buy. I'm just wondering what a ballpark figure to get my lenses fitted into them would be?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 WiseOptician

Duff wrote: »
    Hey,

Seen a nice pair of frames online I'm going to buy. I'm just wondering what a ballpark figure to get my lenses fitted into them would be?

Cheers.

To get lenses put into your own frames you will be charged a "glazing fee" of around €40 to €50 and then the cost of the lenses on top.

Most sites that sell glasses online have an option to enter your prescription and you would then save on the glazing fee and get the lenses cheaper.

Does the website not have that option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Zenni Optical is who I have used. I only wear rimless glasses, prices here are ridiculous for what they are. Uploaded prescription ordered with lenses no problems. All for the cost of 35 euro delivered to my door. Excellent quality.

Advertisement