Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman Loses Job for Holding Gender Critical Opinions.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

KikiLaRue wrote: »
    I don't see how women and girls end up discriminated against? Aside from in Sport, which is a separate but related issue.

Here's how it works at my office: On each floor there are men's bathrooms, women's bathrooms and a disabled bathroom/ all gender bathroom.

Our shower room on the ground floor for people who cycle in is not segregated. There are four regular cubicles and one disabled one. Men and women share it, and it's absolutely no problem.

We must have been ahead of the curve. We've had a gender neutral toilet in our house since the 1950's. :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,167 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

If someone wants to be called something there not and causes up roar when a person doesn't address them by there title of choosing then yes it is our business because it includes everyone. Potentially anyone could be involved in this.

When you make a choice to change something about yourself and keep it to yourself then it's no one else's business but there not doing that!

If you force others to see things your way and only your way it's not just your business anymore as your bringing others into it.

So, if someone asked you to call them "Bob" instead of "Robert" would you say no, I'm calling you Robert because that's the name on your birth certificate and moan about Bob forcing his will on you?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

So, if someone asked you to call them "Bob" instead of "Robert" would you say no, I'm calling you Robert because that's the name on your birth certificate and moan about Bob forcing his will on you?

I don't care what people are called. Live among hippies long enough and names never surprise you :D

What about if someone compels me to publicly uphold the position that a biological male who identifies as a women is an ACTUAL woman? (Or vice versa re man). What do you say to this?

My belief is that they are a transwoman. Not a woman.. A Woman is an adult human female. Is it a problem or hate speech to believe that? What do you think?

(Nothing wrong with them being a transwoman at all, but there are undeniably implications for women regarding their sex-based rights if transwomen are to be given unquestioned access to female only spaces such as prison, shelters, sports etc. Etc Etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,783 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Zorya wrote:
    (Nothing wrong with them being a transwoman at all, but there are undeniably implications for women regarding their sex-based rights if transwomen are to be given unquestioned access to female only spaces such as prison, shelters, sports etc. Etc Etc.)
    And you can be sure that it'll be abused by weirdos.

eagle eye wrote: »
    And you can be sure that it'll be abused by weirdos.

There have already been cases of rape in women's prisons and refuges.

• Advertisement

Zorya wrote: »
    I don't care what people are called. Live among hippies long enough and names never surprise you :D

What about if someone compels me to publicly uphold the position that a biological male who identifies as a women is an ACTUAL woman? (Or vice versa re man). What do you say to this?

My belief is that they are a transwoman. Not a woman.. A Woman is an adult human female. Is it a problem or hate speech to believe that? What do you think?

I'd uphold whatever position they asked me to, as long as it's not illegal - what's the problem?

You? Well, it sounds like YOU are forcing YOUR beliefs on THEM more than the other way around. You've even gone so far as to state exactly what those beliefs are.

I'm not saying I disagree with them - I'd personally go with the requested form of address than how I personally felt.

If I was in court and a Judge I felt was a complete knob-head asked to be addressed "Your Honour", I'd probably take the same stance - and not just because of the fear of contempt of court proceedings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Zorya wrote:
    Having just set up her crowd funding project Maya raised more than £32,000 so far today of her £30,000 goal to fund her to go to the tribunal.

Conservatives have deep pockets.
    A medically transitioned trans woman is an adult human female, they have changed sex. Most companies have policies in place for people who change sex and if you disagree with their policies, you're free not to join that company.

Medically transitioned trans women have already had access to these places for decades which are covered by the Equal Status act(Equality act in UK fyi) . You know this and hide it but you keep starting threads about transgender people based on hysterics.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I'd uphold whatever position they asked me to, as long as it's not illegal - what's the problem?

You? Well, it sounds like YOU are forcing YOUR beliefs on THEM more than the other way around. You've even gone so far as to state exactly what those beliefs are.

I'm not saying I disagree with them - I'd personally go with the requested form of address than how I personally felt.

If I was in court and a Judge I felt was a complete knob-head asked to be addressed "Your Honour", I'd probably take the same stance - and not just because of the fear of contempt of court proceedings.

Acknowledging that sex is a biological reality and that women have specific rights based on that biology is not a "belief", it's a fact

And trying to paint the success of the crowdfund as somehow because of some shady organised "conservative" Kabal is a joke. It's ordinary women, many of whom are as far from right wing as you can get, who are sick of being told that they don't matter, plain and simple

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

If you change something about yourself don't expect others to go along with it just because it's what you want.

The choices we make that effect our own lives are OUR CHOICES not everyone else's.

klaaaz wrote: »

A medically transitioned trans woman is an adult human female, they have changed sex..

No, they are not. No, they have not.

Are you going to try and ban/censor/fire me for my belief?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭KikiLaRue

No, they are not. No, they have not.

I wouldn't, but if I was your boss and worked at a company that had made a public commitment to LGBT rights, I would probably encourage you not to air those views in a public forum.

No, I nor you are a moderator of this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I think every single regular poster here on boards has posted something that someone somewhere would find offensive.

And nothing wrong with that in my book as long as it's not speech that is illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,783 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

KikiLaRue wrote:
    I wouldn't, but if I was your boss and worked at a company that had made a public commitment to LGBT rights, I would probably encourage you not to air those views in a public forum.
    Yes but he is right. A woman has the possibility of being pregnant, a former man doesn't. They are not the same thing.

A woman has the possibility of being pregnant, a former man doesn't. They are not the same thing.

Some women cannot get pregnant, it's shocking that you think that they are like men just because they are not a baby factory.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Acknowledging that sex is a biological reality and that women have specific rights based on that biology is not a "belief", it's a fact

No, that's your opinion. Using the phrase "it's a fact" doens't actually change that.
    And trying to paint the success of the crowdfund as somehow because of some shady organised "conservative" Kabal is a joke. It's ordinary women, many of whom are as far from right wing as you can get, who are sick of being told that they don't matter, plain and simple

Where did I talk about crowdfunding? :confused:

No, I nor you are a moderator of this forum.

If you were, would you, klaaaz? Would you like to see me banned?

Woman is an adult human female. She has hard won sex rights based on her biology. If she doesn't want to wax the balls of a transwoman she should not be taken to court. If she doesn't want to sleep with a lesbian with a penis, she should not be kicked off the Pride parade. If she doesn't want to have a TIM do an internal in hospital or strip search her, she should be allowed to object. If she does not want to share a cell or a refuge space with a male bodied person she should have her right to privacy protected. If she doesn't want compete at professional level in any sport against biological males she should be protected. Et cet eraaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh........................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭KikiLaRue

Yes but he is right. A woman has the possibility of being pregnant, a former man doesn't. They are not the same thing.

It's also true it takes a man and a women to make a baby, that's a scientific fact - but if you use it as an argument against gay marriage, it becomes a much more difficult position to justify.

If you were, would you, klaaaz? Would you like to see me banned?

I can't speculate on moderation, nice try to get me infracted.
    Woman is an adult human female. She has hard won sex rights based on her biology. If she doesn't want to wax the balls of a transwoman she should not be taken to court. If she doesn't want to sleep with a lesbian with a penis, she should not be kicked off the Pride parade. If she doesn't want to have a TIM do an internal in hospital or strip search her, she should be allowed to object. If she does not want to share a cell or a refuge space with a male bodied person she should have her right to privacy protected. If she doesn't want compete at professional level in any sport against biological males she should be protected. Et cet eraaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh........................

Where in Ireland did all this happen? Look up the Equal Status act, it might educate you on rights in certain situations. Who is this Timothy filling your head?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

YFlyer wrote:
    What is her view on lesbians sharing space and services that women use?

Are lesbians not women now???? I can't keep up

• Advertisement

No, that's your opinion. Using the phrase "it's a fact" doens't actually change that.

Where did I talk about crowdfunding? :confused:

Sorry, the crowdfunding thing wasn't directed at you.

Also, biological sex is an "opinion"? lol. Ok. Better tell the scientific and medical community and the entire human race that they've been wrong since the dawn of time. Male and females don't in fact exist as anything other than a notion in someone's head. Definitely not an objective, verifiable fact. Nope

All the millions of women around the world who are still discriminated against and treated as chattel because of their biology and who don't have the option of identifying out of their oppression would beg to differ.

Sorry, the crowdfunding thing wasn't directed at you.

Also, biological sex is an "opinion"? lol. Ok. Better tell the scientific and medical community and the entire human race that they've been wrong since they dawn of time. Male and females don't in fact exist as anything other than a notion in someone's head. Definitely not an objective, verifiable fact. Nope

All the millions of women around the world who are still discriminated against and treated as chattel because of their biology and don't have the option of identifying out of their oppression would beg to differ.

Hang on - are you talking biological sex, or psychological gender? If the former, then yes - apologies - fact. If the later, then no - opinion.

Hang on - are you talking biological sex, or psychological gender? If the former, then yes - apologies - fact. If the later, then no - opinion.

Biological sex, like I said in my post. Yes, I agree, gender is a made up concept and to erase women's hard won sex based rights because of the feelings of a small amount of male people is ridiculous

So now finally you make or agree to the distinction. The vital distinction that gives the lie to the ideology that a person who transitions BECOMES the other sex. They do not. Biologically.
    And the sex based rights of females are based on their biology. Because they are vulnerable biologically to abuse. And have long been abused. Because their biological material reality means they are not as strong or fast, either to compete or to repel attack. And no trans identifying male should be allowed to walk all over those rights by competing in her sports, invading her protected secure spaces, and so on.

And no trans identifying male should be allowed to walk all over those rights by competing in her sports, invading her protected secure spaces, and so on.

Now you're having a go at trans men. What have they done on you now?

Biological sex, like I said in my post. Yes, I agree, gender is a made up concept and to erase women's hard won sex based rights because of the feelings of a small amount of male people is ridiculous

Gender is more of a psychological concept than anything else, but doesn't make it more or less real. I could make an argument for nationality and religion being the same, but that would take is even further off topic than we already are, and I don't think that's a good idea.

One of the problems here (generally speaking) is an over-reliance on labels.

One of the problems here (generally speaking) is an over-reliance on labels.

Pesky science and its pesky labels.

klaaaz wrote:
    A medically transitioned trans woman is an adult human female, they have changed sex. Most companies have policies in place for people who change sex and if you disagree with their policies, you're free not to join that company.

As said before, that is utter bollocks. If I sew a cat tail to my arse, I'm not a cat.
    klaaaz wrote:
    Some women cannot get pregnant, it's shocking that you think that they are like men just because they are not a baby factory.

Bollocks. Nobody said that. Womens body's are designed to have babies. Yes, some can't. Still doesn't mean they are less of a woman, their body just doesn't function correctly. A lad that isn't fertile isn't a woman, he is a man that just can't father kids.

Saying someone born with a penis is a woman because he elected to get it removed is absolutely absurd and insulting to women.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Candamir

Where in Ireland did all this happen? Look up the Equal Status act, it might educate you on rights in certain situations. Who is this Timothy filling your head?

It’s happening in neighbouring countries - such as the country the subject of this thread happened in - so it’s not irrelevant to the discussion.

There’s no reasons why some of these things can’t or won’t happen here, or affect us. Should we not discuss it and just bury our heads in the sand?

• Advertisement

Pesky science and its pesky labels.

"Labels keep people in Florida from drinking Windex" :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement