Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blues Fest 2019 - is this happening?

Options
  • 05-05-2019 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

TX for last year's John Fogerty gig went on sale in March, we're now into May with no news of anything. Anyone know if there'll be a series of gigs this year or have any ideas as to who might be coming or they'd love to see...

My loves to see would include Boz Scaggs and Robert Cray

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

May not be,

last year had pretty poor sales. I hope it'll be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

I was at the Fogerty/SMB show in Dublin and it looked pretty full. Would imagined the Vam M/Percy P show would have been the same. Doing a third night with Counting Cs and Alison K seemed to be pushing it a bit though. Not sure how sales for all three gigs would have gone down in London and Glasgow

Maybe they should take a step back, book some "smaller" acts and host the gigs in more intimate venues like Vicar S, The Academy, the Olympia or Whelans.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

They had to give away loads of tickets for Van/Plant didnt they? For free like

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

They certainly didn't seem to give them away to people who'd gone on other nights and in previous years - not this particular gig-goer, anyway.

It's beginning to sound as though they got greedy (expanding from two nights to three) and over-stretched themselves. Alison Krause make great music but she's hardly what I'd call blues. Nor is she the sort of artist I'd care to see in a venue as big as the 3 Arena. All of which is not to criticise the 3 Arena which is a splendid place when compared to enormodomes like London's O2.

Also, how many Irish music fans who've seen fat old Van the Man phoning in his greatest hits at festivals for the nth time going to fork out to see him repeating the feat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Seeing Van and Robert plant for free was pretty amazing. Robert plant especially.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Wooderson

That Fogerty gig was a sh1tshow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

I made all the bookings. It wont be happening this year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,670 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Wooderson wrote: »
    That Fogerty gig was a sh1tshow.

I didn't think it was terrible (other than the runt of the family litter outstaying his welcome), but Fogerty clearly forgot the old showbiz maxim; "Don't work with children or animals... and never go on after the Steve Miller Band."

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Advertisement