Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solo holiday in the sun

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

It's only ever happened to me once and that was last year in Spain but to be fair, I was lying by a pool drinking beers so the lads probably thought game ball!

I'd like somewhere where I can chat to people in the evening etc. but where I will also be left alone to do my own thing during the day. Maybe somewhere like Barcelona where there's a city and a beach. Maybe a resort is not the way to go. I just wish I had a travel buddy :(
    Buutt there are upsides to going solo too!! You can stick to your own agenda and do whatever the hell ya like!

Barcelona is great, the beach is lovely and close to the city centre. lots of nice restaurants and bars too but not sure you'll get left alone either!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

buried wrote: »
    Lady relation of mine goes there a good bit and never gets a bit of bother

Fair enough, I can't argue if that is her experience. The girl I travelled with there was constantly stared at by males of all ages. Every street, every rail station, every cafe. No furtive glances. Outright staring. On the few occasions she walked about solo, there was some lad over with an overture within seconds, and then when I arrived back I get the dirty look. Just looking northern european is enough to draw the hassle. They were more civilized on the toe of the boot, but Sicilians love to leer.

Advertisement