Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rewatching all seasons before Season 8 arrives...

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,193 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Kunkka wrote: »
    Yeah saw that a good while ago, brilliant. That particular scene was cut from the series too, which is weird as it was a good part of the book.

I think in Season 1 the story is told to Sansa by Littlefinger at the tourney - which was a strange choice by the writers as it's more powerful when it comes from the Hound himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭chris_ie

chris_ie wrote: »
    Just starting to watch it now (first time). People had my head wrecked so thought I'd give it a go! ha. Might take a while though, only 2 episodes in! Just 65 to go....

So a month later I'm all up to date :D Great show! Liked it a lot more than I thought I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

chris_ie wrote: »
    So a month later I'm all up to date :D Great show! Liked it a lot more than I thought I would.

I done similar myself from January with a couple of weeks to spare at the end .
    Imagine what it's like for those who had to wait 2 years for the next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭chris_ie

I done similar myself from January with a couple of weeks to spare at the end .
    Imagine what it's like for those who had to wait 2 years for the next season.

:D yeah bit of a different experience flying through years worth of episodes in a few weeks/month compared to a season ending and there being nothing for a year or two!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Have just finished re watching season 6 and have to say it was the best so far.

Haven't watched any of season 8 yet, will probably have a marathon on the weekend...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

tedpan wrote: »
    Have just finished re watching season 6 and have to say it was the best so far.

Haven't watched any of season 8 yet, will probably have a marathon on the weekend...

Last two episodes were brilliant. Rest of it was not as good, for me anyway, as season 4. I really found khaleesi scenes a chore in season 6. Season 4 was easily the best season for consistency and brilliant writing (for me again :D)

Wailin wrote:
    Last two episodes were brilliant. Rest of it was not as good, for me anyway, as season 4. I really found khaleesi scenes a chore in season 6. Season 4 was easily the best season for consistency and brilliant writing (for me again )

Actually spot on. Khaleesi is incredibly weak in most scenes during 6. I think it might be the most satisfying season though..

Yeah, the finale was probably my favourite episode of the whole series, nevermind season 6.

Wailin wrote: »
    Last two episodes were brilliant. Rest of it was not as good, for me anyway, as season 4. I really found khaleesi scenes a chore in season 6. Season 4 was easily the best season for consistency and brilliant writing (for me again :D)

Season 4 my favourite by miles, so many brilliant plot points. Joffrey dies. Tyrion's trial. Obyren Martel. The Viper vs The Mountain. Tywin dies. Bran finally meets the three eyed raven. Best penultimate episode in the battle of castle black imo.

Didn't get time to watch much this week. Am on season 7 episode 2(storm born) at the moment.

The acting is hard to watch, can't believe I didn't notice how bad it was the first time round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Latest panel from SDCC 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Latest panel from SDCC 2019

What an absolute waste of everyone’s time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Who cares at this stage realistically. S8 was such a turd everyone has moved on. I'm constantly seeing these feeble damage control bits, making out that it's some troll-led hate campaign rather than the inherent fact that S8 just sucked massive balls and shat all over GOT's legacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Anyone planning on watching GOT again in the future? Or has S8 tarnished it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,425 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Totally tarnished it IMO.
    I will watch 1-7 again, and then treat s8 like half life 3...
    It doesn't exist ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I enjoy the earlier seasons. 1-4 are brilliant. 5&6 are good but I don't think I'd bother with 7&8 again.

Recently rewatched seasons 1-4. God they were so superior to what followed. Had planned on continuing on with season 5 but just couldn't bring myself to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

im going to get blu ray full set at xmas and re-watch entire thing again.

ive never watched any episodes twice.

Wailin wrote: »
    Recently rewatched seasons 1-4. God they were so superior to what followed. Had planned on continuing on with season 5 but just couldn't bring myself to do it.

6 is good though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

6 is good though

Agreed, I preferred season 6 to season 5.

• Advertisement

6 is good though

It is, especially the last 2 episodes which were best of the series for me. I just have to struggle through 5 first!

Advertisement