Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App for buses in Dublin

Options
  • 01-05-2019 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭

The Dublin Bus app used to be great, but it no longer shows data for certain bus routes due to recent changes. Can anyone recommend an app that contains real time info on all bus routes in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

MR NINE wrote: »
    The Dublin Bus app used to be great, but it no longer shows data for certain bus routes due to recent changes. Can anyone recommend an app that contains real time info on all bus routes in Dublin?

I use Next Bus Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Next Bus Dublin here too, find it really reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

Used to use Next Bus Dublin when I was on Android. Now I’m on iPhone, I just use the TFI Real Time app.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

The official Dublin Bus app has been updated and is available in the Google Play Store again. The 'show stop on map' feature still causes the app to crash though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,345 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The official Dublin Bus app has been updated and is available in the Google Play Store again. The 'show stop on map' feature still causes the app to crash though.

That's a rant against the last update which has nothing to do with the OP's question.

If you want to see all buses (DB and Go-Ahead), you need to use either the TFI Real Time app or Next Bus Dublin. The paid version of NBD allows you to store shortcuts (widgets) on your phone for your favourite stops.

I find the TFI app very user unfriendly - for example every stop on the N11 (inbound and outbound) from Foxrock Church to Donnybrook is called 'Stillorgan Road'!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

coylemj wrote: »
    That's a rant against the last update which has nothing to do with the OP's question.

If you want to see all buses (DB and Go-Ahead), you need to use either the TFI Real Time app or Next Bus Dublin. The paid version of NBD allows you to store shortcuts (widgets) on your phone for your favourite stops.

I find the TFI app very user unfriendly - for example every stop on the N11 (inbound and outbound) from Foxrock Church to Donnybrook is called 'Stillorgan Road'!

I can save numerous favourite stops on my NBD app on the free version, I am not paying for it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

messrs wrote: »
    I can save numerous favourite stops on my NBD app on the free version, I am not paying for it

Different things FYI

• Registered Users Posts: 25,345 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

messrs wrote: »

You can but to access a favourite, you have to open the app and select that stop. What I'm talking about is putting a widget or two on your desktop for a small number of your favorite stops. You then tap that icon and you get the data. So if I'm meeting friends in the city centre, I'll put an icon for the stop where I'l be getting the bus home on my homescreen and that makes it extremely easy to check when the bus is coming.

Advertisement