Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Tell me WHOY) I don't like Funny Froidays: Liveline 15/2/19 and dat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

She came on to talk about her chequebook stubs...but instead she's opened a can of worms sotospeak.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Joe usually the first to stick up for the working person (sure, Joe) and here he is laughing at a call centre worker being abused over the phone for doing their job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Jesus. I wonder does Joe literally sprint out of the RTE studio at 15:00?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Hope two rats are burned to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,192 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Hope two rats are burned to death.

That's funnier than Funny Fryday.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    That's funnier than Funny Fryday.

The thing funny about funny Friday is that non one has told Joe it's not funny.

TallGlass wrote: »
    Jesus. I wonder does Joe literally sprint out of the RTE studio at 15:00?

He's ferried by a gilt edged, hand carved bog Oak Sedan chair to his waiting motor ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,326 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

missed the show, is today's worth listening back to or any topic ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭boardise

You missed a good one ...I mean it was a good one to miss ...because it was not good in that sense .if ewe know whorr eye miyan

• Registered Users Posts: 20,326 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

boardise wrote: »
    You missed a good one ...I mean it was a good one to miss ...because it was not good in that sense .if ewe know whorr eye miyan

:pac::pac:

you saved me an hour of paaaiiinnnnnn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

How much ?

How much ?

I looked up that you tube clip, fortunately the driver was able to safely handle this potentially very dangerous situation. I wouldn’t drive a taxi for any money, unless it was a London cab with a barrier between myself and passengers. That would provide a safety barrier against wandering hands too. Those cabs are allegedly nice to drive, safe & reliable, but expensive to buy.

That passenger was likely off his head on a number of substances, probably a long background of unwellness.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I looked up that you tube clip, fortunately the driver was able to safely handle this potentially very dangerous situation. I wouldn’t drive a taxi for any money, unless it was a London cab with a barrier between myself and passengers. That would provide a safety barrier against wandering hands too. Those cabs are allegedly nice to drive, safe & reliable, but expensive to buy.

That passenger was likely off his head on a number of substances, probably a long background of unwellness.

I agree with you 100% Cat,also those cars probably are expensive but what price safety ?. On the other hand the cynical side of me says they stick out like a sore thumb towing a caravan to courtown with the begging board on the roof ;)

2smiggy wrote: »
    missed the show, is today's worth listening back to or any topic ?
    Oddly enough, it was quite fun for a drudging show about consumers' disputes with their banks.

MInd you I was very, very drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Oddly enough, it was quite fun for a drudging show about consumers' disputes with their banks.

MInd you I was very, very drunk.

I'd say the ramblings on Lavhline would make more sense if you're half cut. :D

Del.Monte wrote: »
    I'd say the ramblings on Lavhline would make more sense if you're half cut. :D
    Earlier, someone mentioned Joe going at the cans, and I can hardly get the image out of my head.

The idea of Joe Duffy broadcasting daily from Montrose with half a dozen cans of Linden Village under his belt, is a prospect well worth his 400k salary. Get onto it, RTE bosses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭Jeff2

A lot of callers seem half cut or dog barking or smoke alarms with low battery or baby crying.

I'v trained my dog to bark to my hand signs, now all I need is beer.. Put old battery in smoke alarm and play crying baby in the background.

Oh have story of death, near death and paaiinnn.

I challenge anyone to do it. :D

Jeff2 wrote: »
    A lot of callers seem half cut or dog barking or smoke alarms with low battery or baby crying.

I'v trained my dog to bark to my hand signs, now all I need is beer.. Put old battery in smoke alarm and play crying baby in the background.

You'd also need the sound of a distant Fibergade or Amblince in the background to grab his full attension and keep us listeners interested.

Jeff2 wrote: »

I’ve any number of stories of paaain, and one of near death experience (which was quite pleasant). I did actually phone in, September 2009 a few days after my mother did doyed age 89; Frank Deasy was on looking for a liver transplant (he doyed getting one a few days later) so I came to say how I offered mother’s eyes as she wanted, my point being that at any stage in life some tissues may be of use and should be at least offered. However Joe kept coming back to her death, looking for tears rather than reiterating what I had said so that the listeners could take note.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Yer wan complaining about the soc Dems seems like a right crank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Was the same Cat with the births when there was a support group mentioned on the show but days of the same stories and very little talk about that group.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

De credah union. Man enters draw for car but is disqualified because he's disabled and won't be able to drive it.

Sam the taxi driver from yesterday

Man has heart attack on luas. Plain clothes cop tells first aider to move on. Were you a witness?

Matchew

• Registered Users Posts: 16,861 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

He was a member of the what, what, what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

was there a question mark over these credit union draws.

Surely the car could be adapted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

would love to see a list of the winners

• Registered Users Posts: 39,192 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

That's terrifically high-handed and arrogant of them.
    Matt-chew could get the car adapted, or if he's totally unable to drive, can have the car on his driveway and let a fully insured and designated driver tote him around.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

sligojoek wrote: »
    Matchew

Gesundheit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

NEVER GO ON DE LOIVELOINE

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement