Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭nickolatte94

Long time lurker - was unable to post because I didn't activate my account fgs. At what stage did most people get vetting back.. surely not long after SMT?

Hi there

I got confirmation that my vetting had cleared about an hour after I got the email saying I had passed my SMT.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Andy smith

Hey guys.can any of you tell me how long it was from you completed your pca until you had all the other stages complete, and how far apart each were?
    Any help or insight greatly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭YNWA27

Andy smith wrote: »
    Hey guys.can any of you tell me how long it was from you completed your pca until you had all the other stages complete, and how far apart each were?

Pretty sure your vetting doesn't start to get processed until you have passed PCA.

Fast trackers last year seemed to start vetting immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cherryapple444

YNWA27 wrote: »

Pretty sure your vetting doesn't start to get processed until you have passed PCA.

Fast trackers last year seemed to start vetting immediately.

Previously people have had vetting back before passing the pca so you never know

Previously people have had vetting back before passing the pca so you never know

Were they not fast trackers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 cherryapple444

Were they not fast trackers?

No, I was in the 1710 campaign, wasn’t fast tracked and had vetting before my pca

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Gymshark

Long time lurker - was unable to post because I didn't activate my account fgs. At what stage did most people get vetting back.. surely not long after SMT?

Doesn’t quite work like that my vetting took forever to come back, almost 6 months after my SMT and I’m not even exaggerating

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Adam261

Everyone’s different.
    I had medical a month after my PCA-medical result came back the next day by email.
    My SMT took about 4 weeks after my medical to come back .
    my vetting was the last thing to come through and took 13 months after submitting the paper work you’re given after the AC

Adam261 wrote: »
    Everyone’s different.
    I had medical a month after my PCA-medical result came back the next day by email.
    My SMT took about 4 weeks after my medical to come back .
    my vetting was the last thing to come through and took 13 months after submitting the paper work you’re given after the AC

Remember 1810 folk didnt get vetting forms early like 1710....

No, I was in the 1710 campaign, wasn’t fast tracked and had vetting before my pca

1810 will be different as vetting forms have o ly been issued to fast trackers so far

• Advertisement

1810 will be different as vetting forms have o ly been issued to fast trackers so far

How much quicker will that leave the fast track people do you reckon?surely if it takes 10 months or more for the vetting the element of the fast track is gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Greyhound79

Part of the 1810 Campaign here. Wasn't on FT list. Still waiting to hear back results from AC. However no vetting forms were given to us to complete before hand.

How much quicker will that leave the fast track people do you reckon?surely if it takes 10 months or more for the vetting the element of the fast track is gone?

There isn't as much a rush to get people in as there was with 1710. As they still have plenty of 1710 to get through.

And therefore don't think vetting for 1810 will start for people until PCA is passed.

Vetting can take 2 weeks or it can take 10 months....

Part of the 1810 Campaign here. Wasn't on FT list. Still waiting to hear back results from AC. However no vetting forms were given to us to complete before hand.

All fast trackers will have submitted their vetting forms by now

There isn't as much a rush to get people in as there was with 1710. As they still have plenty of 1710 to get through.

And therefore don't think vetting for 1810 will start for people until PCA is passed.

Vetting can take 2 weeks or it can take 10 months....

Yea but then why fast track at all?

Yea but then why fast track at all?

So they have 1810 people ready to go when 1710 is drying up...

Folks the June calls have started !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LKB89

Folks the June calls have started !!!

Did you get the call?

Whats your ML

LKB89 wrote: »
    Did you get the call?

Whats your ML

I’m 680-700

I was in the last set of calls but had to defer a month, so they called me again to make me another offer.

I’m 680-700

I was in the last set of calls but had to defer a month, so they called me again to make me another offer.

I don’t get how I haven’t received a call when I’m low 500s and appointable and haven’t even had an offer at all as yet! I’m beginning to think I have an enemy in recruitment haha

• Advertisement

Gymshark wrote: »
    I don’t get how I haven’t received a call when I’m low 500s and appointable and haven’t even had an offer at all as yet! I’m beginning to think I have an enemy in recruitment haha

They might just be phoning people who deferred at the minute, your call has got to come at some point today.

Deferrals and May's reserves get called first...

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Adam261

I’m a deferral from the 500’s and got the call about 20 minutes ago so there’ll be plenty calls to be made I’m sure

Adam261 wrote: »
    I’m a deferral from the 500’s and got the call about 20 minutes ago so there’ll be plenty calls to be made I’m sure

Congratulations to anyone who received the call or will receive it! It’s been a lengthy process! Well done

Congratulations to anyone who received the call or will receive it! It’s been a lengthy process! Well done

Hang in there mate, it’ll come, can imagine how frustrating it is for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DragzPure

Hi guys!
    Congrats to everyone who has received the call for June start!!

I’m merit position 840-875 with all stages complete 3 weeks ago.

Do we know the highest ML position that has received the call yet?

DragzPure wrote: »
    Hi guys!
    Congrats to everyone who has received the call for June start!!

I’m merit position 840-875 with all stages complete 3 weeks ago.

Do we know the highest ML position that has received the call yet?

Unsure yet as calls for the June intake will be going out over the next few days, however I suspect they will get into the high 700s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aj264

Long time lurker ... Well I actually forgot about these boards until someone from the new campaign told me the other day!
    I deferred from may and got the call this morning... ML 690-710
    Congrats to everyone getting the calls! Roll on June

Aj264 wrote: »
    Long time lurker ... Well I actually forgot about these boards until someone from the new campaign told me the other day!
    I deferred from may and got the call this morning... ML 690-710
    Congrats to everyone getting the calls! Roll on June

Congrats mate. See you at induction day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 CrillyCronker

I’m ML 750-770, what’s the likelihood they will make it that far down the list?

Advertisement