Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2019 - Round 4 - Baku

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,631 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Gonna need floodlights to get this session done.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Diresta having jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,369 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Leaking fluid aswell. Thats gunna spice up the track. Darkness and temperature will be changing now.

Oh Baku you just cause unmittigated chaos.

With dropping track temperatures, might have ****ed Vettel as well.

Well vettel ran over the part of Charles car on the track but bar his tyres id say he will grand.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    If Leclerc threw a fiver up in the air it would come down with a summons the lack of luck he seems to have.

If Williams threw up a fiver they'd catch it pnly to find out they have had their wallet and phone pick pocketed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Have they changed the kerbing on that corner from previous years

Looks like they took some of the kerbing on entry away to allow them attack that corner more.

Thought the corner used to be a bit slower alright.

Do the F1 need to change the time of qualifying in Baku ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭Inviere

Verstappen now a candidate for tomorrow...

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Have they changed the kerbing on that corner from previous years

Looks like they took some of the kerbing on entry away to allow them attack that corner more.

Thought the corner used to be a bit slower alright.

They did alter it recently to open it up I think it was. But Anthony Davidson was showing a lap and the shadows around the track are nuts. It's like the Monaco tunnel around a full track.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Well vettel ran over the part of Charles car on the track but bar his tyres id say he will grand.

Yeah but he's currently P12, with oil on the track and dropping track temps. Might be tough to get a quick lap in.

• Advertisement

They did alter it recently to open it up I think it was. But Anthony Davidson was showing a lap and the shadows around the track are nuts. It's like the Monaco tunnel around a full track.

Looks like they need to put the kerbing back to make that corner a little slower. Drivers looking like they need to be saved from themselves.

Inviere wrote: »
    Verstappen now a candidate for tomorrow...

Not just max but any car that keeps it out of the walls is in with a shout of doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Ferrari are cursed at that track. If they didn't have bad luck, they'd have no luck :(

Looks like they need to put the kerbing back to make that corner a little slower. Drivers looking like they need to be saved from themselves.

I say leave it. F1 badly needs less predictability, not more. With Le Clerc out of position tomorrow, combined with the inevitable safety car or two, it should be a spicy race.

Undoubtedly what I’ll coin, a Netflix moment anyway.

Yeah crofty stick to commentary which you're no Murray walker at let's be honest.

The sun setting over the castle looks blinding from the TV pictures.

Inviere wrote: »
    I say leave it. F1 badly needs less predictability, not more. With Le Clerc out of position tomorrow, combined with the inevitable safety car or two, it should be a spicy race.

That corner though might need to be changed back as it's clearly a corner set up in a way that it shouldn't. Two red flags in less than two sessiom of qualifying at one corner means drivers are taking chances at this corner that isn't there.

That corner though might need to be changed back as it's clearly a corner set up in a way that it shouldn't. Two red flags in less than two sessiom of qualifying at one corner means drivers are taking chances at this corner that isn't there.

Both were pushing too hard, simple as. 18 other drivers haven’t made that mistake. Give me this result over miles of blue run off every single time. The race always benefits from drivers out of position anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Harika

If Leclerc gets into q3, he is allowed to take part, did I get that right?

• Advertisement

Jaysus Paul just said 3¤ drop since Leclerc crash.

Harika wrote: »

I vaguely remember about a rule where the car has to return to the pits under its own power no?

Depends if chassis needs changing but yeah if he's in t10 and doesnt need to breach parc ferme he should be fine.

Mekies and the FIA guy were talking and they mentioned the FIA guy would be examining the tyres if he was to make it.

Edit: apparently not. Mekies must just have been saying the chassis is fine.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Jaysus Paul just said 3¤ drop since Leclerc crash.

3 degree temp ?

3 degree temp ?

Yup.

Didn't think you could once you didn't make it back to the pits without help

pjohnson wrote: »
    Yup.

Jesus.

Crofty doing a crofty

Croft: Oh look at hulkenberg

Di resta: but hulkenberg isn't in this session.

Jesus who Clip the opposite wall at the castle again ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Harika

Didn't think you could once you didn't make it back to the pits without help

For the same session but q3 is a different one

Advertisement