Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar reports monitoring automation photos

Options
  • 25-04-2019 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Looks like the "green virus" has been passed over to many of us.
    Which is good for "my" pocket and for our environment.
    Thanks to those that decided to to do it.

But,after the payment cleared,grant received,you begin to wonder...how do i know is working ?!
    After you have the panels and / or the tubes up there,is time to start keeping an eye on the behaviour of the system. And the system will "tell" you most of the time,how you use the electricity.
    At least for the first couple of weeks,as after a while the interest is being lost,confidence built up higher and ... you just trust the system that it works.

I'm opening this thread here where we can share the reports,the monitoring systems,some photos of the systems installed / deployed and not lastly,how we adapted our life around the system(s). Less chatty if possible but common sense.
    Lets show,via the reports , monitoring and dashboards that systems works,hoping more will catch same interest and see the RoI,TCO and investment in personal and community.

Looking forward to sharing...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭mickuhaha

You might want to remove your name from the screen shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

mickuhaha wrote: »
    You might want to remove your name from the screen shots.

Doh!!

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

When i did my home work for the PVs,i found this site here providing free public acees to all PVs installation across Ireland.
    At that time,were like less than 10 installs listed .

Today,when i went back to check it,i think are in hundred...

You can see lots of info to guide you to installs in or near your lcoation.
    Subject to installed power,angle and position,your install may perform different.

L I N K

Enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,835 ✭✭✭✭unkel

rolion wrote: »
    When i did my home work for the PVs,i found this site here providing free public acees to all PVs installation across Ireland.
    At that time,were like less than 10 installs listed .

Today,when i went back to check it,i think are in hundred...

You can see lots of info to guide you to installs in or near your lcoation.
    Subject to installed power,angle and position,your install may perform different.

L I N K

All PV installations across Ireland???

L I N K is to Ginlong (Chinese company who makes the likes of Solis inverters, very popular in Ireland)

How the hell would they know about all PV installations in Ireland? My own inverter is a Ginlong (Solis), but they know nothing about me as I didn't buy their overpriced optional extra wifi dongle...

@unkel
    At that point in time,only 2 inverters were approved by ESB: ABB and those supplied by Ginlong.
    ABB is using Aurora Plant Viewer and you guess installations by changing few numbers.
    Ginlong gave public access on version 1 but i think they have upgraded recently to version2 and no more public access.

A L L PVs in Ireland supplied and registered under that portal not across the Country and by any supplier,sorry for misunderstanding.
    You are safe,so far,i know only your car reg plate adn your home address... from boards.ie! ;)

• Advertisement

There are few monitoring solutions out there.

First,is the one that comes with the inverter.Based on each supplier,lots of reports,graphs and diagrams.
    Second is The Owl,the verison for PV panels,readings every 10 seconds and very good graphs
    Third,using a parallel smart meter,import / export, sealed and approved by ESB,supplied by a company in UK,with readings every half hour.

Have fun.

Advertisement