Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Caviar - Wind Down - Worth Cashing Out?

• 24-04-2019 7:35pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys,

I got some caviar tokens last year. 985 of them to be exact.

They recently decided they are to wind down and have asked for everyone to transfer their CAV back to be repaid in ETH.

Some text below :
    There are 97,180,354 CAV tokens in circulation, and the portfolio value, after the above-mentioned expenses, is currently $805,155. Based on the price of Ether today according to Coinmarketcap of $166.00 each CAV token is worth 0.00004991 ETH. This represents a premium of 248% based on the last reported price traded of 0.00002009 ETH.
    Please send CAV ONLY to the address below in order to redeem to ETH based on the above calculations. Do not send to any other address as you may lose your CAV tokens permanently. Caviar will not be responsible for any lost value, and Caviar team will not be able to help you.

As you have to pay MyEtherWallet to make the transaction, basically i'm asking if anyone can work out what the value of 985 tokens are and if its worth cashing them or not!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

kceire wrote: »
    Guys,

I got some caviar tokens last year. 985 of them to be exact.

They recently decided they are to wind down and have asked for everyone to transfer their CAV back to be repaid in ETH.

Some text below :

As you have to pay MyEtherWallet to make the transaction, basically i'm asking if anyone can work out what the value of 985 tokens are and if its worth cashing them or not!

Thanks

I think your are looking at less than a tenner at a rough calculation.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I think your are looking at less than a tenner at a rough calculation.

Cheers. Even a beer may calculation is enough to make me realise the transaction fee may equal the pay back fee!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

It'll be worth ~$10

Pretty good return considering at ICO you likely paid $98.50 - always nice when an ICO pays off.

Jokes aside - that 0.05ETH might seem pithy now and not worth bothering about, but I'd be viewing that as a fancy dinner for 2 in a few years. Just take it.

grindle wrote: »
    It'll be worth ~$10

Pretty good return considering at ICO you likely paid $98.50 - always nice when an ICO pays off.

Jokes aside - that 0.05ETH might seem pithy now and not worth bothering about, but I'd be viewing that as a fancy dinner for 2 in a few years. Just take it.

Anyone know how much it costs to make the transfer though?
    I have the CAV in my etherwallet.

I have to transfer that to them to get the ETH. To do the transfer I have to pay. Something to do with gas price or something. Haven’t transferred in a long time.

Anyone know how much it costs to make the transfer though?
    I have the CAV in my etherwallet.

I have to transfer that to them to get the ETH. To do the transfer I have to pay. Something to do with gas price or something. Haven’t transferred in a long time.

You can transfer and be in the next block or two for <€0.10, probably <€0.05

• Advertisement

You can transfer and be in the next block or two for <€0.10, probably <€0.05

Ohh ok, I thought i'd have to go through the whole process of buying ETH on coinbase or similar, then transfer to my wallet so I can transfer the CAV out.

I'll look into the transfer asap.

Ohh ok, I thought i'd have to go through the whole process of buying ETH on coinbase or similar, then transfer to my wallet so I can transfer the CAV out.

I'll look into the transfer asap.

I'd presumed you'd have some ETH in the same wallet you have the CAV in.

I'd presumed you'd have some ETH in the same wallet you have the CAV in.

No unfortunately not.

Advertisement