Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE documentary and the wrath of God

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

With respect, the rape and abuse of children is a daily reality today in this country, not by arthritic octogenarian priests in their declining years but by secular perverts online and in their own homes.

Just as it was a daily reality for some kids at a time when the priests weren't octogenarians. Just because it still goes on, whether it's by lay people or clergy, doesn't excuse the crimes of the past. Your continued efforts to deflect from what actually happened to many children at the hands of clergy is simply a continuation of the church's policy of denial and cover-ups. You really should be ashamed of yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Children die and people lie (especially people with an agenda).

You are a sick individual.

And we are supposed to defend this so called man in the sky and what he represents with attitudes of followers like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,285 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Ah but we are talking about people dying in great numbers. 800 kids (some of whom died in childbirth)

If they were giving birth they were women, not kids, the women's deaths were recorded separately. The 800 refers to unaccounted for burials of dead children and babies in only one mother and baby home out of many.

out of tens of thousands over several decades is probably a lot better than the national average when measles, polio and general poverty were a problem.

"Probably" you say - well you're wrong, the actual figures show that child mortality in the so-called "homes" was significantly worse than the national average, and similar to the very worst of the tenement slums where the poorest of the poor lived - malnourished, underheated, crammed a dozen or more to a room and no access to medical care.

Yet the nuns had plenty of funds - money from the council for the board and care of the women and babies; money extracted from the woman's family - if she had one, and they had money; money from illegally stealing and selling babies.

What were they doing with all this money, which was supposed to be spent on the care of these women and children?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

Zaph wrote: »
    Just as it was a daily reality for some kids at a time when the priests weren't octogenarians. Just because it still goes on, whether it's by lay people or clergy, doesn't excuse the crimes of the past. Your continued efforts to deflect from what actually happened to many children at the hands of clergy is simply a continuation of the church's policy of denial and cover-ups. You really should be ashamed of yourself.

The "reality" is subjective because as we know, many of these accusers have been caught out in lies and the "kids" are in fact adults, many of whom are only alleging abuse in order in get money.

You are a sick individual.

And we are supposed to defend this so called man in the sky and what he represents with attitudes of followers like you.

I do not worship myself and Catholics worship God, not priests. As for being "sick", I can assure you that my health is most robust but thanks for the concern.

• Advertisement

The "reality" is subjective because as we know, many of these accusers have been caught out in lies and the "kids" are in fact adults, many of whom are only alleging abuse in order in get money.

Any evidence and I mean actual published statistics to back up this.

Plenty of priests convicted, and some have been falsely accused. Some of those falsely accused have said its partially due to the church covering up for the actual abusers that causes this.

If they were giving birth they were women, not kids, the women's deaths were recorded separately. The 800 refers to unaccounted for burials of dead children and babies in only one mother and baby home out of many.

"Probably" you say - well you're wrong, the actual figures show that child mortality in the so-called "homes" was significantly worse than the national average, and similar to the very worst of the tenement slums where the poorest of the poor lived - malnourished, underheated, crammed a dozen or more to a room and no access to medical care.

Yet the nuns had plenty of funds - money from the council for the board and care of the women and babies; money extracted from the woman's family - if she had one, and they had money; money from illegally stealing and selling babies.

What were they doing with all this money, which was supposed to be spent on the care of these women and children?

Naturally the poor fair worse than the better off. Nothing new there. Thank God for the Holy Nuns for all those women and children they saved.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Any evidence and I mean actual published statistics to back up this.

You sound like an unholy inquisitor, demanding records from elderly nuns with Alzheimers. If the statistics you seek are not easily accessible, then that is evidence of a secular cover of of the fact that there are a lot of false accusations. Also, it seems to me that natural justice was suspended a long time ago when it comes to clergy on trial. The presumption of guilt is a given and often the accusers don`t even have to testify.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,609 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Psalm 137:9
    'Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks'

Hosea 13:16
    'the people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open. '

Why would you want to worship a god that condones the above?

You sound like an unholy inquisitor, demanding records from elderly nuns with Alzheimers. If the statistics you seek are not easily accessible, then that is evidence of a secular cover of of the fact that there are a lot of false accusations. Also, it seems to me that natural justice was suspended a long time ago when it comes to clergy on trial. The presumption of guilt is a given and often the accusers don`t even have to testify.

So basically you can't back up your statement that it's all for the money.

You sound like you're either trolling or its your mental health you should have a check up on.

Your championing the fact that abuse was carried out in an organisation.that is supposed to put people first and profited financially from it, and your reveling in doing so.

Basically by your own religious beliefs, your actually going to go to hell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

o1s1n wrote: »

'the people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open. '

I wouldn't say god condones any of that if you believe in god. These are twisted writings made by twisted men professing to be the word of god. Control by fear has been the work of evil men for thousands of years.

The bible also warns about false prophets of god and the synagogue of satan. Jesus spread the importance of love and compassion even for those who have lost their way. How does Jesus's teachings align with such evil passages.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

BloodBath wrote: »
    I wouldn't say god condones any of that if you believe in god. These are twisted writings made by twisted men professing to be the word of god. Control by fear has been the work of evil men for thousands of years.

The bible also warns about false prophets of god and the synagogue of satan. Jesus spread the importance of love and compassion even for those who have lost their way. How does Jesus's teachings align with such evil passages.

I've been to enough masses where they read from the bible and say its the word of God. These words are no different.

It's funny how you now claim they are not gods, if that's the case take them out of the book. Very simple.

o1s1n wrote: »

God gives life and God has every right to take it away. This life is short and is therefore unimportant.

So basically you can't back up your statement that it's all for the money.

You sound like you're either trolling or its your mental health you should have a check up on.

Your championing the fact that abuse was carried out in an organisation.that is supposed to put people first and profited financially from it, and your reveling in doing so.

Basically by your own religious beliefs, your actually going to go to hell

Granted the Church is being and will be blamed for the sins of it`s members but the Church is God`s and is therefore bound by God`s law. Christ founded the Catholic Church and it is this idea of the Church which matters. People who blame priests for stuff must have been worshiping priests in the past in which case they were never Catholic to begin with. It is however obvious given the level of vitriol against the Church, that the devil is attacking it. The Godly must therefore defend it.

Cabaal wrote: »
    I've been to enough masses where they read from the bible and say its the word of God. These words are no different.

It's funny how you now claim they are not gods, if that's the case take them out of the book. Very simple.

I know what they claim it is. I don't understand what your point is here.

My point is can you trust anything some people claim. 36 vessels of god over thousands of years but none in the last 2000 years. Plenty of crazies killing people and worse though claiming god told them to do it.

Naturally the poor fair worse than the better off. Nothing new there. Thank God for the Holy Nuns for all those women and children they saved.

The "care" they offered was of a similar level in terms of health outcomes to the worst, poorest slums in the country

Again, I ask, what did the nuns do with all the money which was supposed to be spent on the care of these women and children?

Far from saving children, their neglect and abuse caused the needless deaths of thousands.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

The mother and baby homes were a slavery and child trafficking business. Nothing more.

There was no care for the women or children in these homes.

Granted the Church is being and will be blamed for the sins of it`s members but the Church is God`s and is therefore bound by God`s law. Christ founded the Catholic Church and it is this idea of the Church which matters. People who blame priests for stuff must have been worshiping priests in the past in which case they were never Catholic to begin with. It is however obvious given the level of vitriol against the Church, that the devil is attacking it. The Godly must therefore defend it.

You are far from godly you condone child abuse and worse while stating everyone else is evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

God gives life and God has every right to take it away. This life is short and is therefore unimportant.

No, "he" doesn't.

Wise up.

Speak for your own life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

90% of the land was "owned" by 10% of the people (the fact that it was taken by conquest means it was in fact stolen.) Anyway, the German`s are blamed for genocide in Namibia for keeping 30,000 people from water so surely the English are guilty of genocide for keeping millions of people from food produced on their own stolen land.

I thought God did it out of wrath.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Your comment certainly explains the church's attitude to sexual abuse and dumping of children to unmarried mothers. The lives and bodies were unimportant in their view I guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

Christians should view this life as most important - true, it is not the same as eternity, but this is the time to determine where we will spend eternity

The "care" they offered was of a similar level in terms of health outcomes to the worst, poorest slums in the country

What you are describing is modern day nurses who spend half their time dipping biscuits in tea and the other half striking for better pay on top of their lavish salaries. We never had super bugs when the holy nuns ran the hospitals and all they had to maintain hygiene was the hand scrubber, the carbolic soap and a bit of elbow grease.

You are far from godly you condone child abuse and worse while stating everyone else is evil.

If I had condoned child abuse, you would have quoted me saying it. I suggest you go to confession.

I thought God did it out of wrath.

The wrath of God can come in many guises, the English being one, the funguses they import are another. That does not pardon the English, (a Rabbi gave a good lecture on the Holocaust - somewhere on youtube and he explained why the perpetrator of punishment is not pardoned even if it is done in God`s name). Also, I think Our Lady said in one apparition that Russia will punish the world for it`s sinfulness in the future.

Cabaal wrote: »
    Your comment certainly explains the church's attitude to sexual abuse and dumping of children to unmarried mothers. The lives and bodies were unimportant in their view I guess?

Dumping is a subjective term. I guess one could say that when anyone is buried in a grave, they get dumped. They would be wrong of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Dumping is a subjective term. I guess one could say that when anyone is buried in a grave, they get dumped. They would be wrong of course.

You don't dump a body in a grave, the term is lay to rest. However the creatures that ran the home in Guam are responsible for the 'dumping' of children's bodies into a septic tank.

What you are describing is modern day nurses who spend half their time dipping biscuits in tea and the other half striking for better pay on top of their lavish salaries. We never had super bugs when the holy nuns ran the hospitals and all they had to maintain hygiene was the hand scrubber, the carbolic soap and a bit of elbow grease.

You needn't bother quoting posts if you're simply going to ignore every point raised and instead spout waffle.

You have to be trolling at this stage. 25-30k is not a lavish salary by any means for the amount of work required and the type of stressful work that it is.

We pay our nurses among the lowest in the west as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

So much ignorance of the job of a nurse. I can only assume you are a troll and similar to the other thread you were banned off you maybe banned here soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement