Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta

Options
  • 03-04-2019 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭

This looks like a great little thriller with Chloe Grace Moretz, directed by Neil Jordan. I do think the trailer gives a bit too much away though.

Out here on Friday fortnight.

A sweet, naïve young woman trying to make it on her own in New York City, Frances (Chloë Grace Moretz) doesn’t think twice about returning the handbag she finds on the subway to its rightful owner. That owner is Greta (Isabelle Huppert), an eccentric French piano teacher with a love for classical music and an aching loneliness. Having recently lost her mother, Frances quickly grows closer to widowed Greta. The two become fast friends — but Greta’s maternal charms begin to dissolve and grow increasingly disturbing as Frances discovers that nothing in Greta’s life is what it seems in this suspense thriller from Academy Award®-winning director Neil Jordan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I saw it this evening, and I thought it was very good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,172 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I really enjoyed this as well though I think French women have been permanently ruined for me.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i really enjoyed this .........
    but why didn't they just call the cops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭world class wreckin’ cru

Thought this was excellent and worth re-watching at some point.

Isabelle Huppert was brilliant. Good pacing right from the start to finish.

Advertisement