Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screwfix Waterford

Options
  • 21-04-2019 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭

There's a Screw Fix on the way to Waterford, anybody know where or when??

Jobs are advertised but just wondering where its going??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

There's a Screw Fix on the way to Waterford, anybody know where or when??

Jobs are advertised but just wondering where its going??

Seen the jobs advertised, manager and assistant manager, was wondering the same myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

cococoady wrote: »
    Seen the jobs advertised, manager and assistant manager, was wondering the same myself.

They seem to be very competitive on pricing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Hopefully they have a full range of whatchamacalleedits and thingym'bobs

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭azimuth17

Hopefully they have a full range of whatchamacalleedits and thingym'bobs

Fork handles!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Interesting, would that be their first retail shop in Ireland?

• Advertisement

Yes as judged by google, they also only seem to have outlets in the western half of the UK which is odd (and not true)!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

They seem to be very competitive on pricing

On some things yes but other things stupidly high. But most online shops are that way. You need to look at them all now to get the best price

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭IanVW

This is the location coming up on there website. Seems to be around lady lane?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

IanVW wrote: »

Anywhere in around town like that would be a strange location.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭freewheeler

Interesting...owned by Kingfisher PLC who also own B&Q, They seem to be closing & opening both B&Q and Screwfix stores around Europe as part of a massive restructuring plan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

IanVW wrote: »

Id say thats just a general area showing Waterford on a map,at a guess i think one of the business parks would be where they are going somewhere like six cross roads or tramore road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Hopefully they have some good deals, i need some new tools :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I always thought B+Q were good value, well not just that but good range and choice, cant see them going near town, would be madness.

If i was heading out for work to get gear the last thing id want to do is head into town, those types of businesses are ideally suited to outskirts and in the likes of 6 cross roads, Id say it would be more of a depot or trade counter than a store

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

They do High Street locations as a store, like this one I passed recently on Kensington High Street:

478387.png

Nobody wants to head into the centre away from where all the factories, contractors and weekend DIY warriors live.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I always thought B+Q were good value, well not just that but good range and choice, cant see them going near town, would be madness.

If i was heading out for work to get gear the last thing id want to do is head into town, those types of businesses are ideally suited to outskirts and in the likes of 6 cross roads, Id say it would be more of a depot or trade counter than a store

Which is why the town centre is decimated.....
    also due to the decision to charge New York level pricing for parking, and the lack of …..

R.I.P

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

greenspurs wrote: »
    also due to the decision to charge New York level pricing for parking

There are plenty of places to park for a euro an hour. I don't know if you've ever parked in really big cities, but you can easily be talking €15 plus per hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭dzilla

Although the parking in Waterford is more expensive in comparison to Kilkenny, it is a drop in the ocean in comparison to Cork and Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

greenspurs wrote: »
    Which is why the town centre is decimated.....
    also due to the decision to charge New York level pricing for parking, and the lack of …..

R.I.P

What are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

dzilla wrote: »
    Although the parking in Waterford is more expensive in comparison to Kilkenny, it is a drop in the ocean in comparison to Cork and Dublin.

Maybe in the city centre, but in Blanchardstown you can park for free and Dundrum have reasonable rates.

I don't think Waterford is too expensive either. City Square rates just give the place a bad rep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

dzilla wrote: »

I parked in Kilkenny recently and it was €5 for all day parking,I parked in Millars Marsh recently too and it was €3.60 for the day,maybe you should compare it to somewhere that isn't more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭jmcc

Good to see it opening in the city. Better than having to go half way to Cork or Kilkenny to get parts.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moose3844

I currently work for Screwfix in the Uk and will be moving back to Waterford when the shop opens later this year.

There currently isn’t a definitive location as we stand at the moment but this should be sorted over the next few months. It most likely won’t be in town as they only do this in big cities. It will most likely be in a retail park of some description. The location that’s shown online is just a general location of Waterford not where the shop will actually be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Does this mean that they will finally be able to give an Irish vat invoice.

Yeah pal I don’t see why not

Does this mean that they will finally be able to give an Irish vat invoice.

this is an absolute pain in the hole.
    needs to be sorted

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

moose3844 wrote: »
    I currently work for Screwfix in the Uk and will be moving back to Waterford when the shop opens later this year.

There currently isn’t a definitive location as we stand at the moment but this should be sorted over the next few months. It most likely won’t be in town as they only do this in big cities. It will most likely be in a retail park of some description. The location that’s shown online is just a general location of Waterford not where the shop will actually be.

Ah here now bud. Are you saying Waterford isn't a big city?;) Careful now ;)

Sully wrote: »
    Ah here now bud. Are you saying Waterford isn't a big city?;) Careful now ;)

Haha I realise the fine line I was walking there with that comment 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Tipp man running

moose3844 wrote: »

Hill moose3844...I see management positions are being advertised but nothing on sales assistants. Will these be advertise later do you think. How do you find working for them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I parked in Kilkenny recently and it was €5 for all day parking,I parked in Millars Marsh recently too and it was €3.60 for the day,maybe you should compare it to somewhere that isn't more expensive.

You can park in Kilkenny all day in numerous places for 1e a day.

I found the comment about Waterford charging New York levels just silly, you'll pay many times what Waterford charges in big cities like new York.

Advertisement