Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

megaten wrote: »
    Should be something like just pressing the select button?

Sound. Playing on Switch, will have a look tomorrow when I'm on again

• Registered Users Posts: 26,310 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yeah green and red arrows for area entrances/exits and intractable I believe it was select.

Added to the international versions of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭megaten

Getting crushed by Medusa in SMTIV. People always mention the Minotaur but Medusa seems significantly harder?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,937 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Getting crushed by Medusa in SMTIV. People always mention the Minotaur but Medusa seems significantly harder?

No medusa is a ball buster as well. Only advice I can give is don't give her free turns and buff like crazy. Agility buffs as always are insanely op.

She is worth beating as you'll get to hear the best RPG overworked music of all time.

The game gets significantly easier after medusa.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,937 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Been playing Persons 3 the answer on and off and quite enjoying it. It's very different from the main game so can see why people complain about it but if you treat it like a dungeon crawler it's a lot of fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Feeling the urge to continue my 2nd playthrough of Strange Journey on the DS, to get the law ending (went with neutral the first time). But I'm getting close to the end of both Pokemon Omega Rub and Etrian Odyssey V, and if I don't beat them, I have a tendency to leave games unbeaten, and I hate that.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    No medusa is a ball buster as well. Only advice I can give is don't give her free turns and buff like crazy. Agility buffs as always are insanely op.

She is worth beating as you'll get to hear the best RPG overworked music of all time.

The game gets significantly easier after medusa.

Got it in the end, needed to use multiple demons with the evasion raising skill so I could get it up quickly enough before she fleeced me. Curious to how much the initial area is going to feature in the game. I'm guessing not a lot since its. bunch of screens and the first town area afterwards is in 3d.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Think picking DQ5 for the film was clever. It's got one of the best stories of any rpg and could well be told in the a shorter form film. It has the potential to be great. I hope it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Seems Ys VIII is getting a port to iOS and Android.

https://twitter.com/nihonfalcom/status/1118449145834905606?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Decided to start again on Persona 5. Probably my favourite presentation in any game.

Gameplay reveal for P5R, appears to be a continuation of P5

[BROKENRECORD]Where's the switch version?[/BROKENRECORD]

[BROKENRECORD]Where's the switch version?[/BROKENRECORD]

The P5S trailer is supposed to drop tomorrow, can see quite a bit of anger if it doesn't turn out to be a Switch port as expected.

Was hoping for something more like an expansion, I enjoyed P5 but I can't see myself playing through 90 hours of it again. Maybe if they let you use your new game+ so you can hit the ground running.

Was hoping for something more like an expansion, I enjoyed P5 but I can't see myself playing through 90 hours of it again. Maybe if they let you use your new game+ so you can hit the ground running.

Reports are saying it's an expansion with maybe an Answer type addition like p3 fes.

PC version would be nice as well.

Reports are saying it's an expansion with maybe an Answer type addition like p3 fes.

Doesn't seem to be sold separately as well like The Answer was though. The new content is a third semester set after the main game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I'd love to play it again and do better at social links this time but I'm not gonna pretend I wouldn't love a Switch version, loved playing P3P on vita. That said if it's not the same version as the new one dunno if I would, too long to do it 3 times.
    I played it on PS3 so if they let you use new game plus I'm borked right? Or I use the cloud save?

Glad I didn't play it in a way.

Not glad I own 2 copies on PS4 and now need to buy a third :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Likely won't see Persona 5R for a while not out until October 31st in Japan, God knows when it'll release here whenever it does Deep Silver will likely f**k up like they did last time & not print enough copies so its sold out in around a day.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Likely won't see Persona 5R for a while not out until October 31st in Japan, God knows when it'll release here whenever it does Deep Silver will likely f**k up like they did last time & not print enough copies so its sold out in around a day.

Atlus have already confirmed it will be released here next year.

Hope it's not another google translate jobbie to get it out quick.

More details on the new characters here.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2019/04/24/persona-5-royal-detailed-for-japan-and-the-west-along-with-first-trailer

Wouldn't normally get gaming news from Crunchy but most others are just reporting on the trailer release and not the details atm.

Seems P5R is going to be Pro enhanced too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Persona 4 Golden is one of my favourite games ever. I got stuck on the fourth palace boss in 5(the one with
    the girl with orange hair where the boss is her mother crossed with a sphynx ?
    ) and gave it a break that ended up lasting two years at this stage.

I've completely forgotten what was going on except a nice jazz soundtrack so I'll start again after days gone.

I hope the switch version is similar to Persona 3 Portable where it adds a female playable character although I don't need a 100 hour+ save file on the same game on two different systems so maybe I won't hope for that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

So its just persona 5 again with a few extra characters/locations?

So pretty much DLC for the game?

:confused:

nix wrote: »
    So its just persona 5 again with a few extra characters/locations?

So pretty much DLC for the game?

:confused:

It's common enough in Japan with this series and RPGs. RPGs come out and then get an updated release. Shin Megami Tensei 3, Strange journey and Persona 3 and 4 have had the treatment.

Usually they have a lot of new content and quality of life enhancements to mean they total to being quite substantial.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,199 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Still have a lingering sense of disappointment with Persona 5. Immense sounds and visuals and general presentation aside, there was something about it that never wholly clicked. I mean I recognise the host of improvements and refinements to the formula, but compared to Persona 4 I was left cold. Was a proper push to get to the end, especially since it’s a good two dungeons too long. Maybe part of that is just me being a fair few years older at this stage, but I dunno guess I was expecting something more radical and forward-thinking given the quality leaps the series has shown itself capable of making before.

Gyan84 wrote: »
    I hope the switch version is similar to Persona 3 Portable where it adds a female playable character although I don't need a 100 hour+ save file on the same game on two different systems so maybe I won't hope for that :pac:
    I had hoped for that, I liked seeing different sides of the main characters

• Advertisement

More details on the new characters here.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2019/04/24/persona-5-royal-detailed-for-japan-and-the-west-along-with-first-trailer

Wouldn't normally get gaming news from Crunchy but most others are just reporting on the trailer release and not the details atm.

Seems P5R is going to be Pro enhanced too.
    Their theif outfit is so boring, it's just like a mash of Queen and Joker :(

Says "tale of the third school semester" so is that extra in game time after December?

Advertisement