Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster v Toulouse L'effort pour cinq contre The Drive for Five

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭thedarksh1te

Burkie1203 wrote:
    Think this is a great point from Heaslip about different attitudes from the two sides today

Have to say I've heard him commentating and I find him absolutely shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,532 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

clsmooth wrote: »
    So when are tickets for the final on general sale?

About eight months ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭clsmooth

About eight months ago :)

Ahhh I always thought they realised a fresh batch after the semis were concluded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Now that Leinster have qualified to play Saracens in the final, it's probably time to start a thread about whether Leinsterfans should (a) boo Billy V every time he gets the ball or (b) send one of our less sartorially gifted supporters onto the pitch to abuse him after the final whistle.

(A third strategy might be to concentrate on the rugby, but I can't seen such a common-sense approach bearing fruit, in the light of the seriousness of Billy's crime.)

• Administrators Posts: 53,553 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

10+ isnt a prediction. The win was 18. Thats 80% over your base call. Thats essentially saying John Delaney was just paid his base salary, or something like that.

This is a very long winded way of saying "awec, you were correct once again".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

awec wrote: »
    This is a very long winded way of saying "awec, you were correct once again".

Flights booked for Newcastle yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,608 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Faugheen wrote: »
    Conan's increased involvement and good performances as the Six Nations progressed shows that gap has narrowed significantly.

I maintain that Stander's best form in an Irish jersey has been when he played at 6. That's not to say he's been poor at 8 because it's far from the case, but he was outstanding at 6 for Ireland.

unless POM form improves dramatically before WC , that probably should be back row - with SOB and vanderflier competing for no. 7 - if fit I'd have vanderflier starting - vanderflier , Conan, Stander

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

10+ isnt a prediction. The win was 18. Thats 80% over your base call. Thats essentially saying John Delaney was just paid his base salary, or something like that.

Great call awec! Let us know how the final will go!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Anyway, I await Buer to explain to us why Lowe shouldn't start the final :pac:

Have you seen that ridiculous hair?!

Great showing from J-Lo. Best winger Leinster have undoubtedly. But I'll never shake the concern that we are far better covered at winger than elsewhere. HOS on the bench fills me with dread and that could be the losing of the tournament. Dave Kearney/Adam Byrne wouldn't be nearly the same risk.

JGP over Lowe all day still.

Great call awec! Let us know how the final will go!

Saracens by 3+.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Saracens by 3+.

Nah I’ve changed my mind you’re ****e at predictions

• Subscribers Posts: 41,258 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Saracens by 3+.

FOAD

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Buer wrote: »
    Have you seen that ridiculous hair?!

Great showing from J-Lo. Best winger Leinster have undoubtedly. But I'll never shake the concern that we are far better covered at winger than elsewhere. HOS on the bench fills me with dread and that could be the losing of the tournament. Dave Kearney/Adam Byrne wouldn't be nearly the same risk.

JGP over Lowe all day still.

I agree.

Put it this way: would you rather have Luke McGrath get injured in a warm up and have HOS for 80 minutes or Lowe pulls up and you get Adam Byrne for the full 80?

It's no comparison. It's not an indictment on Lowe, we just don't have any European ready quality on the bench without JGP whereas we have buckets of European quality on the wings in Kearney, Byrne, McFadden and probably even Daly as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Spent the whole game thinking you twat of a commentator it’s Rory Arnold not Richie.

My bad :(

You’d swear they were identical twins. Which it turns out they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Why must they geoblock stuff like that? Such a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Have to say I've heard him commentating and I find him absolutely shocking.
    He's not the only one! BOD was a great player but second career not so promising. He's reasonably OK as a pundit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Going to be a cracking final, an in form Sexton up against Farrell again. Can't wait.

In-form Sexton? That's about his first good performance this year, don't know how you can say he's in-form on the back of one game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Squatter wrote: »
    Now that Leinster have qualified to play Saracens in the final, it's probably time to start a thread about whether Leinsterfans should (a) boo Billy V every time he gets the ball or (b) send one of our less sartorially gifted supporters onto the pitch to abuse him after the final whistle.

(A third strategy might be to concentrate on the rugby, but I can't seen such a common-sense approach bearing fruit, in the light of the seriousness of Billy's crime.)

Rainbow Flags for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Rainbow Flags for everyone

Panti Bliss to lead the team out. Players to wear rainbow laces

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Panti Bliss to lead the team out. Players to wear rainbow laces

And nidge reffing it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Squatter wrote: »

Because the strategy the fans take may affect the score?

So, on a more serious point, what's the craic with the Guinness being replaced by Murphys?

Who signed off on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,623 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

So, on a more serious point, what's the craic with the Guinness being replaced by Murphys?

Who signed off on that?

Seemed to be an experimental game for the bars, level 1 was card payments only as well, no cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

salmocab wrote: »
    Because the strategy the fans take may affect the score?

Indeed.

If they ape the Munster supporters in booing the Great Tweeter, they may inspire him to play exceptionally well, which could affect both the score and the result.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

For the disallowed try before halftime Lowe's catch of Henshaw's pass was fantastic, does anyone have any gifs of it?

CatFromHue wrote: »
    For the disallowed try before halftime Lowe's catch of Henshaw's pass was fantastic, does anyone have any gifs of it?

gif of Lowe fantastically catching Henshaw's pass

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Thanks. Very clear camera angle. Must have been a tmi camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

You wouldn't get that from any other guy

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,258 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Never gonna tell a lie, but the best pass I've ever seen

Advertisement