Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Soap qualifies for US Olympic Trials.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Fusitive

Jared Ward who is a college professor ran 2:09:25 as well on Monday. He was 6th in the last Olympics in Rio. Here's an Olympic Channel short doc on him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭rom

OOnegative wrote: »

Someone who runs 120Miles+ every week is not really a regular guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

rom wrote: »
    Someone who runs 120Miles+ every week is not really a regular guy.

Krusty in his prime knocks out 120 mile weeks and he works a regular 9-5 job I believe. dublin runner is another who would have approached 120 miles weekly and he works crazy hours. Plenty of similar out there i’m sure, the lads are examples I know from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,488 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Not just the lads ya know......

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭rom

OOnegative wrote: »
    Krusty in his prime knocks out 120 mile weeks and he works a regular 9-5 job I believe. dublin runner is another who would have approached 120 miles weekly and he works crazy hours. Plenty of similar out there i’m sure, the lads are examples I know from here.

I know what you are saying but the sensationalist headline to appeal to the masses that annoys me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

rom wrote: »
    I know what you are saying but the sensationalist headline to appeal to the masses that annoys me.

Better to demystify hard work than dismiss as "talent"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

KSU wrote: »
    Better to demystify hard work than dismiss as "talent"

True and it's worth noting that several Irishmen have ran this time or close recently while holding full time jobs such as Gardai, Teachers, Doctors, Accountants, fitness instructors etc. One in particular ran faster than that at 44 years of age. All of those would be running north of 100 mpw in peak training.

Advertisement