Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ionity charging network

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Someone is currently charging a Kona at them....got a free charge as they are testing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

The Cashel group are up on the app and are all showing as available. :D

The Cashel group are up on the app and are all showing as available. :D

Someone quick get down with a VW and plug it in, dont be letting those heapof sh*t Korean yokes use it:p:p:p:p:p

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Someone quick get down with a VW and plug it in, dont be letting those heapof sh*t Korean yokes use it:p:p:p:p:p

At least there won't be a leaf attached to one when you get there. :p

At least there won't be a leaf attached to one when you get there. :p

Huge bonus for Ionity....none of those yokes can be connected :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

It's just gone live at https://ionity.eu/en/where-and-how.html.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,170 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hopefully now we have one up and running the other 8 won't be too far behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Hopefully now we have one up and running the other 8 won't be too far behind.

Any info on where the other stations will be? And what the prices will be?

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Today is a good day for (CCS) EV drivers in Ireland ;)

478071.png

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,170 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Any info on where the other stations will be? And what the prices will be?

Mayfield and Gormanston are the only ones we know of for sure, the other 6 are mystery as of yet.

It's a flat rate of 8 euro per charge as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭TOLLOT

Great news for the Dublin Cork run.
    I’m doing a run up and down at the weekend .
    Will try give it a lash .
    Be nice to connect up the Ioniq see what rate it’ll get .
    Hope ionity drive on now and get the other stations built .

• Registered Users Posts: 65,003 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Great news, hopefully more will open soon. I've been holding off travelling long distance with my family because of the poor state of the ESB network (and it being hogged to death), but now I can confidently drive to Cork or even west Cork, with just the one half hour stop in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Annoyingly the Ionity is around 180Km from my house. Hopefully it takes a bit of pressure off the preceding CCS chargers if nothing else!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,003 ✭✭✭✭unkel

155km here. No problem at 120km/h even in winter for me :)

Ionity - Cork city centre return trip is 185km though. That's pushing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Lots of photos up on Google Maps of the new chargers...

link here

Is it just me or is one of the charging bays also a disabled parking space!?

Sure does look like a disabled space. Maybe they haven't repainted the parking spots yet and they predate the installation?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Apparently one of the chargers is wheelchair friendly, disabled space and low level screen access.

Ionity really showing eCars how it's done. 4 chargers so no single point of failure, disabled access, no free loading.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Apparently one of the chargers is wheelchair friendly, disabled space and low level screen access.

Wow! Kudos to Ionity!

I wonder have they done a deal with Circle K here, perhaps that place in Roscommon that was saying they were getting an 80kw charger installed recently are actually going to be an ionity site.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

I wonder have they done a deal with Circle K here, perhaps that place in Roscommon that was saying they were getting an 80kw charger installed recently are actually going to be an ionity site.

They announced a deal with Circle K back in 2017.

https://corpo.couche-tard.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/PR-EV-Europe-Circle-K_final-EV.pdf

• Advertisement

Ionity really showing eCars how it's done. 4 chargers so no single point of failure, disabled access, no free loading.

But... the 4 chargers are identical. :o

But... the 4 chargers are identical. :o

Sorry I was only skimming elsewhere and didn't pay attention.

The chargers are identical and all the screens are low enough for wheelchair users but one of the chargers (on the left) has lowered kerbs for wheelchair access.

478114.jpg

Sorry I was only skimming elsewhere and didn't pay attention.

The chargers are identical and all the screens are low enough for wheelchair users but one of the chargers (on the left) has lowered kerbs for wheelchair access.

478114.jpg

How very right you are, sir. Well played. :D

So are we taking bets on how long it takes someone to block one off with a leaf? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Goldmark

How do you pay?

Goldmark wrote: »
    How do you pay?

I've attached my credit card to the app, so I can use the phone to pay. It looks like you might just be able to use your credit or debit card tap payment, like in a shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

I've attached my credit card to the app, so I can use the phone to pay. It looks like you might just be able to use your credit or debit card tap payment, like in a shop.

Nice

How's is it taking ecars so long to implement the same

So are we taking bets on how long it takes someone to block one off with a leaf? :pac:

Someone just posted on Facebook that they're all ICE'd!

I'm not familiar with that area, is blocking likely to be an issue?

Someone just posted on Facebook that they're all ICE'd!

I'm not familiar with that area, is blocking likely to be an issue?

That's exactly why I groaned when I saw they went with parking space layout rather than two sided hub/forecourst set up.

As long as charging bays look like parking spaces they will get ice'd.

I hope one of the ice'ers has a diabled tag at least though :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

From looking at the website there are two ways to pay:
    Ionity wrote:
    PAY BY PROVIDER

Customers of Mobility Service Providers can pay directly via their contactless cards or tokens for tap-and-go payments. Most services also offer smartphone apps for payment. Simply open the app, authorize payment, and go. If IONITY is not available from your mobility service provider of choice, let them know it’s time to join our network. Please note that IONITY does not issue any charging cards.

PAY BY PHONE

All IONITY charging stations offer quick, seamless, on-the-spot smartphone payments via mobile browser. Simply scan the station’s barcode, enter your details, and authorize payment. Access as a guest, or register your payment details so all your future payments are as easy as scan-and-go.

Or simply trigger the payment process right now by clicking on the button below. Just be sure location-based services are activated on your smartphone.

I'm not sure what a Mobility Service Provider is, but I'm guessing you sign up to some package with an RFID card that you can use at Ionity and other charge points. Pay by phone is as it says on the tin. It doesn't look like simple contactless debit card payments are an option. :rolleyes:

Advertisement