Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade & Retro Chat' Special Championship Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭Doge

Dr Bob wrote: »
    Played this a bit and its fantastic . word of warning though , I'm pretty used to vr and after finishing the firat level I was feeling queasy, so maybe dont turn off all comfort options and switch to classic controls straight away like I did...

I think the Serious Sam style waves of enemies is what did it to me also,
    running around trying to strafe them etc..
    I didnt feel queezy but a bit dehydrated.

Still though its an amazing experience and its going to be updated regularly by the single developer that made it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭Doge

477756.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

No idea what the scam is, or how it works, but a ZX Spectrum (admittedly a nice boxed 128k toastrack) just sold on ebay for over two thousand euro. No way is that legit, if it is, It's madness. Seller says they've been paid.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F233185376812

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

No idea what the scam is, or how it works, but a ZX Spectrum (admittedly a nice boxed 128k toastrack) just sold on ebay for over two thousand euro. No way is that legit, if it is, It's madness. Seller says they've been paid.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F233185376812

Usually proof of source of funds. You have money from some sort of criminal activity. Nowadays unless you can prove a source the police can take your money.
    Then a 'stranger' buys something for an over inflated price and suddenly you have a legitimate source of money.

May be totally wrong but is one possible explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

The bidding on that auction is weird, that penultimate bid definitely looks like a shill bid to me. A user with a feedback of 1 dropping 2k on a Spectrum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

https://twitter.com/Capcom_UK/status/1117789673680769026

Rumours are it's a £200 2-player stick stuffed with arcade classics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

I was just making out what I want to complete my arcade stuff, and 5 of them are cps2.

This looks really excellent, but sorely missing the dungeons and dragons games, cadillacs and dinosaurs and punisher (probably copyright stuff).

Tempting, like the megadrive mini. But after getting the snes mini it's only good for collecting dust.

These mini's are great for what they are, but I'll stick with the real thing from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,008 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Until you see the price for 16 games

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's just hideous. Shaping it like a Capcom logo is one of the worst design brain farts I've ever seen. As for blending in the button colours? It's a monstrosity and a €230 monstrosity at that.

Keep the internals, have a basic Pandora's Box design and bring it down to €150 and I'd bite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Funnily enough I'm actually okay with the design, at least it's unique.

But the blended buttons are terrible for sure!

Kinda dear too :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

How much is it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,828 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think the design is nice and if the base is nice and heavy it's pretty much a good stand in for an arcade front panel. Sanwa parts as well which you can't get better quality than, they're top of the range arcade parts and they would set you back about 160 alone. If it's moddable even better and would be nice to hook up to a PC as a usb controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,483 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That is both simultaneously the ugliest and most awesome thing I've seen - I'm incredibly conflicted :eek:

Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I think the design is nice and if the base is nice and heavy it's pretty much a good stand in for an arcade front panel. Sanwa parts as well which you can't get better quality than, they're top of the range arcade parts and they would set you back about 160 alone. If it's moddable even better and would be nice to hook up to a PC as a usb controller.

A sanwa stick comes in about €30, buttons are only about 3 each. All in all it would be sub 100 euro for the arcade parts.

Upon reflection (and after getting over the WOAH WTF) element, it's shame they didn't just go with a candy control panel, would have looked far more appealing and functional, something like the Capcom Status 25.

Or big up the AVP game being rereleased for the first time and make it into a 3 player panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    How much is it?
    €230

https://store.capcom-europe.com/capcom-home-arcade/1804/capcom-home-arcade

If it could function as a joystick for other devices I would be far more interested.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,828 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    A sanwa stick comes in about €30, buttons are only about 3 each. All in all it would be sub 100 euro for the arcade parts.

I priced it years ago for one stick and it came to 80 but that included shipping. I'd say it is a bit above 100. Still if it's nicely made and moddable.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I like it. It has some nice parts.

I'm not mad into the whole mini thing TBH. I don't care if I'm on my own on this.

I guess because going mini isn't exactly novel for me, we've had lots of examples like NDS units with every game on it.

To me this at say 230 euro and the SNES mini at 90 euro this is substantial with nice buttons and sticks, it has some premium elements to it.

I'm sure there will be other options down the line with it, opening it up a bit.

Games mix is a bit suspect though, but I'm sure it's a planned random selection that nobody is happy with.

I like it. I'm considering it

Not a bad game on there other than Megaman and the sports game.

Would have liked 19xx instead of loopmaster but it's still a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭Inviere

Looks like vanilla output from the YT video, for that money you'd be wanting something a bit prettier for modern displays. Not a fan of the unit itself, the design and button colouring are pretty bad imo, but kudos for the choice of parts. I'd say it'll be a well made unit, nice feel to it. Hopefully they have some shader support so the games don't look like cack of modern tv's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I can tell everyone now, that CP took about 20 minutes to design. I'd even say less than 10 mouse clicks in illustrator to get to that stage.

It's such a cash in... Pretty amazing on capcoms part is really. It's a proper middle finger to everyone! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Would have liked 19xx instead of loopmaster but it's still a great game.

This , 19XX is the king.

I can tell everyone now, that CP took about 20 minutes to design. I'd even say less than 10 mouse clicks in illustrator to get to that stage.

It's such a cash in... Pretty amazing on capcoms part is really. It's a proper middle finger to everyone! :D

I don't think you have any idea how to make a non-box shaped arcade stick :pac:

Especially one this size (same size as the old Sega HSS-0130) the tooling for the case will be expensive AF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I always wonder how useful these double stick panels are. I mean, are you going to stick a desk in front of the TV or do the two of you hunch over your coffee table?

Whatever the case I look forward MAME & Shame monstrosities people construct with this. Loads of space in the middle there to dremel in a trackball, spinner and two more 6 button player positions.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Bit like the X Arcade I guess.

Need to set yourself up right

I always wonder how useful these double stick panels are. I mean, are you going to stick a desk in front of the TV or do the two of you hunch over your coffee table?

Whatever the case I look forward MAME & Shame monstrosities people construct with this. Loads of space in the middle there to dremel in a trackball, spinner and two more 6 button player positions.

It's the same size as Sega HSS-0130 (Virtua Stick Pro) so like this (not mine):

yf5dzmwucbq01.jpg

Master of the Universe

That's an interesting build but it's reinventing the wheel - just buy a Sega Astro off Ronnie for 800 quid and get the real deal!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If I was that way inclined I'd be using a modded PS3 and 360, then load them up with the arcade selection of my choice, all from games I already own... natch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I don't think you have any idea how to make a non-box shaped arcade stick :pac:

Especially one this size (same size as the old Sega HSS-0130) the tooling for the case will be expensive AF

Oh I understand, which is confusing itself to me, production costs for it would be relatively high and would be fairly in depth to make etc. But it's still ugly as sin. Would have been far better off going for a candy style design and even selling different CP overlays imo. Would have been cheaper to produce and looked far better.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Oh I understand, which is confusing itself to me, production costs for it would be relatively high and would be fairly in depth to make etc. But it's still ugly as sin. Would have been far better off going for a candy style design and even selling different CP overlays imo. Would have been cheaper to produce and looked far better.

But how would you know who it's made by then? :D

Advertisement