Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Police Helicopter?

• 18-04-2019 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Does anyone know if there is some sort of raid/investigation going on tonight?
    I can hear a pretty low flying helicopter for about an hour now and I've seen the lights on the horizon. I can hear it from the Cork Road but it seems to be in the direction of Barracks Street or nearby. It's fierce loud.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Rescue hellicopter is hovering by the bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭PPN2893

Ah, thanks. I hope no one was hurt. The noise stopped almost as soon as I posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,552 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Think it's the rescue helicopter R117. Doesn't sound like good news if its going on this long

Very loud around Ballybricken area. Seems to have stopped now

Pretty scary hearing something like that so late

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Think it's the rescue helicopter R117. Doesn't sound like good news if its going on this long

Very loud around Ballybricken area. Seems to have stopped now

Pretty scary hearing something like that so late

Yeah, I didn't even consider that it might be search and rescue. I hope if someone fell or jumped into the river has been found if they've flown off by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Search and Rescue helicopter, been going on for about an hour and half, stopped now. Very loud alright down here in Grange area. I went out for a look and it was hovering over the back of Benildus church, the river is right behind, with the searchlights on.

Definitely not good

• Advertisement

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Search and Rescue helicopter, been going on for about an hour and half, stopped now. Very loud alright down here in Grange area. I went out for a look and it was hovering over the back of Benildus church, the river is right behind, with the searchlights on.

Definitely not good

That's not good news alright. When I first went to look it was north of the town. I thought it was a raid because it sounded close to the town centre but the lights must have been coming from the bridge. They must have gone down river to look for someone. I hope they were found.

PPN2893 wrote: »

Definitely not good

That's not good news alright. When I first went to look it was north of the town. I thought it was a raid because it sounded close to the town centre but the lights must have been coming from the bridge. They must have gone down river to look for someone. I hope they were found.

They usually update on Facebook so keep an eye out there

Going to be wrecked in work, up at 6 but small issue compared to what’s going on out there

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭aziz

Missing person, presumed to have gone in the river

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Wonder would it have anything to do with accident on n24, it was very loud alright, still not the worst considering the circumstances

Max Powers wrote: »
    Wonder would it have anything to do with accident on n24, it was very loud alright, still not the worst considering the circumstances

Where was that?

It was right behind Benildus church for about 2 hours 1am till around 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Vladi_

"Rescue 117 and the local River Rescue Groups searched the Quay and surrounding areas this morning for well known local man Lenny O' Neill.

If you have any information at all about his whereabouts, please contact Waterford Gardaí on 051 305300."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Vladi_ wrote: »
    "Rescue 117 and the local River Rescue Groups searched the Quay and surrounding areas this morning for well known local man Lenny O' Neill.

If you have any information at all about his whereabouts, please contact Waterford Gardaí on 051 305300."

I heard what i thought was a motorbike last night was kinda half asleep half awake,hope they find him i remember going fishing with him on his boat a few years ago he's a really nice guy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Where was that?

It was right behind Benildus church for about 2 hours 1am till around 3

Sorry jimbo, road fatality up past carrick, probably not what rescue 117 was at

Advertisement