Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snooker '19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Will wait to see when is it coming out on Switch. It also the type of game that is certain to be discounted by mid-Summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Was just about to make a thread about it. I'm gonna try it alright, seems like a solid effort from watching a few gameplay vids. Character models aren't great but the AI is pretty good, actually play proper positional shots.

Stay away from Snooker Nation, it's out tomorrow too. It's a repackaged version of Snooker Nation 16' which was on Steam Early access and was never finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭enryb12

Just noticed the post and game now. Looks interesting enough but the cue ball seems to roll fairly unnaturally after hitting a colour.

Will wait and see what people think over the next week but it definitely looks to have promise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I still play VP4 regularly on PC so I'll be interested to see how it compares for physics.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,947 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Snooker Stars mobile game is very good for a quick alternative

• Advertisement

Snooker Stars mobile game is very good for a quick alternative

It is yeah, it's really good. If you buy the unlimited energy is that essentially unlocking the full game?

It's 31 Euro if you have PS Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,947 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

It is yeah, it's really good. If you buy the unlimited energy is that essentially unlocking the full game?

It is but was a grind to get the better cues and now with the recent update it is even bigger grind

Pre-ordered last night for 31 euro with PS Plus. Will download later and let you's know how it plays!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

enryb12 wrote: »
    Pre-ordered last night for 31 euro with PS Plus. Will download later and let you's know how it plays!

Cheers that would be great. Will buy at weekend if reviews/feedback are decent. The cue ball response seems a little off on videos ive seen so hopefully its different feel when you are actually playing.

• Advertisement

Cheers that would be great. Will buy at weekend if reviews/feedback are decent. The cue ball response seems a little off on videos ive seen so hopefully its different feel when you are actually playing.

Apparently they released the day one patch yesterday as lots of people got their copy early, so hopefully that's addressed!

physical copy in Arogs is 29.99 - seems to be limited availability though

I really like the look of the golf swing type of shot, it needed something like that. I'll probably get it later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

physical copy in Arogs is 29.99 - seems to be limited availability though

Strange, they didn't have it yesterday, I checked!
    Might reserve it at my local for €30 it's a good price :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Strange, they didn't have it yesterday, I checked!
    Might reserve it at my local for €30 it's a good price :)

Think it was only released today :)

Reserved :D

Damn, I checked last night and it wasn't showing up so I got the digital version, still have to download it aswell!

Damn, I checked last night and it wasn't showing up so I got the digital version, still have to download it aswell!

It's only 4.8 gigs

Alright lads, played the game for a couple of hours earlier and have actually enjoyed it so far. I'll be honest and say I was expecting much looking at the videos online, but it looks and "feels" better than them.

The main issue I have is the cue ball running on. What I mean is if I hit it at "40%" it tends to run on further before be stopping so you've actually hit it around "45%" or so. This is something they are going to address.

Graphics wise they are going to be making improvements but it looks very decent already, they even have chalk marks appearing on the table after hard shots etc which I thought was a nice touch.

The controls play really well, it's easy to line up your shot and adjust power. The spin is a bit tricky and I'm not sure it's fully accurate to where you hit your cue ball, but I've seen people mention this online a few times and I'm sure they'll address that also. Also when pressing X (on PS) to move the next camera, it can bypass this and go directly to take your shot without it lined up fully. Pressing O lets you go back tho so it's not a disaster fully but something that needs to be fixed.

Main feature of the game to disappoint is you can't create your own pro, you have to use an existing player. Either by selecting one of the top players and continue their current career. Or choose and low ranked player and start the career from fresh.

Overall I'd definitely recommend it for the price of your a snooker fan. There will be lots of improvements coming over the next few weeks/months that will only make the game better. Deffo gonna keep playing anyway!!

Been playing a bit myself. Only used Ronnie and Jimmy White. I'm wondering if Jimmy is actually bad in this game as I had a hard time with him or are player selections purely cosmetic?

Had to get rid of the pro aiming, just no fun missing all the time.

• Advertisement

I think the players are just cosmetic tbh. I've only used the pro aiming so far but will try out the other options tomorrow, some of the shots are difficult in pro mode so might be good to change and learn a little first.

Right trigger!
    For when the opponent has the ball ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Is there Pool/9 Ball in this too?

callaway92 wrote: »
    Is there Pool/9 Ball in this too?

Haven't gone through all the game modes fully but I'm 90% sure that there's not. Not from the Quick Match menu anyway.

The rolling up to the ball safety was annoying alright.

According to Lab42 Games Twitter page an update is now available on PC & PS4. XB1 to be released soon.

Some nice improvement judging by their notes. Safety shots now addressed so time to test!

https://twitter.com/Lab42Games/status/1118898690972946432?s=19

Hope to pick it up tomorrow after work and give it a good bash at weekend. Not being able to create your own pro seems such a missed opportunity for something that shouldn't be that big an issue to add.

Hope to pick it up tomorrow after work and give it a good bash at weekend. Not being able to create your own pro seems such a missed opportunity for something that shouldn't be that big an issue to add.

It seems to be for commentary reason, from what I make of it anyway :)

• Advertisement

I have to say, I absolutely love this game. Gonna try and get up the rankings in the WSC over the weekend.

Advertisement