Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Thebigwait

Hi all, the medical thread seems quite inactive so I thought I'd throw this out to all those in 1710 for a bit of help..
    does anyone have any ideas or experience in appealing a medical re hearing?

Is it better to e.g. Get a 2 nd opinion from a consultant that would be more accurate and possibly overturn the original finding or is their certain hearing aids that can be used or are used by serving officers, struggling to find solid information and ANY help would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Adam261

Does anyone know when the next calls are going out?would it be next week??

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Njim91

I'm hoping it is next week but I've a feeling it may be the w/c 29th

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Starsky1

Has any had their medical in the past week or two and received their smt result back?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DragzPure

Hi guys

I’ve passed all stages and just waiting on the call. When you get the call, do you just get given a start date in 3-4 weeks or how long is it from the call to your start date?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Orbital1

Starsky1 wrote: »
    Has any had their medical in the past week or two and received their smt result back?

Yes I had my medical at the start of the month and all recieved a confirmation email approximately 13 days after.

Orbital1 wrote: »
    Yes I had my medical at the start of the month and all recieved a confirmation email approximately 13 days after.

Thank you

Once this passes that's me appointable

Thank you

Once this passes that's me appointable

What is your merit bracket? I'm 850-870. Are you feeling optimistic? If rumours are true and squad numbers are now 60 per squad it could get pretty real pretty fast for us all!

What is your merit bracket? I'm 850-870. Are you feeling optimistic? If rumours are true and squad numbers are now 60 per squad it could get pretty real pretty fast for us all!

Honestly I'm looking at the positives in the fact that once you become appointable it's very unlikely they will drop you seeing they have invested so much getting you to that point. From a recruitment point of view, which I'm heavily involved in my work I defo wouldn't be wasting my time if I knew they weren't gona be used.
    I'm just over 900
    Who said classes where being increased to 60?
    Do they run classes in July?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭nickolatte94

Any folks from the last set of calls receive anything about the induction day yet? Cheers

• Advertisement

Honestly I'm looking at the positives in the fact that once you become appointable it's very unlikely they will drop you seeing they have invested so much getting you to that point. From a recruitment point of view, which I'm heavily involved in my work I defo wouldn't be wasting my time if I knew they weren't gona be used.
    I'm just over 900
    Who said classes where being increased to 60?
    Do they run classes in July?

There has been chatter on here and also it was mentioned at my medical that it's been discussed, purely speculation I'd imagine.

I agree, why would all this time and money be invested into candidates, just to bin them!

There has been chatter on here and also it was mentioned at my medical that it's been discussed, purely speculation I'd imagine.

I agree, why would all this time and money be invested into candidates, just to bin them!

This time 6months........
    Do you have a long notice period?

This time 6months........
    Do you have a long notice period?

I have a four week notice period, However usually they will allow you to finish off the week and take the last three to yourself if you so desire. If it comes to it, I know I would like three weeks to myself before my life gets turned upside down... We will all be flat out for six months!

I have a four week notice period, However usually they will allow you to finish off the week and take the last three to yourself if you so desire. If it comes to it, I know I would like three weeks to myself before my life gets turned upside down... We will all be flat out for six months!

Lucky. My notice period is 2months but I'll be just be giving 5. Not not gona defer if I get the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CrillyCronker

Are calls usually completed every 4 weeks or
    Is it 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭nickolatte94

Are calls usually completed every 4 weeks or
    Is it 6?

Something tells me it’s every 5 weeks, however I could be wrong.

Something tells me it’s every 5 weeks, however I could be wrong.

Usually the last week in the month so 5 weeks

You expecting the call next week then?

Usually the last week in the month so 5 weeks

You expecting the call next week then?

I'd say you've made a few stomachs drop with that post and all of us getting notification emails on this thread :D yeah I'd say next week.

Njim91 wrote: »
    I'd say you've made a few stomachs drop with that post and all of us getting notification emails on this thread :D yeah I'd say next week.

Hahah That was the plan 😉

Hahah That was the plan 😉

What ML range are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 dizzeedog

What ML position did they reach on the last set of calls roughly? I'm in the 750-800 range and feeling cautiously optimistic that I'll hear soon now that I've got vetting passed finally.

dizzeedog wrote: »
    What ML position did they reach on the last set of calls roughly? I'm in the 750-800 range and feeling cautiously optimistic that I'll hear soon now that I've got vetting passed finally.

I think they got to 705 - 715 or around that as well. I'm 720 - 740 so I'm hoping im in these calls alright.

Njim91 wrote: »
    What ML range are you?

Just over 900

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Gymshark

Any calls today?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LKB89

No sign of any calls today.

Anybody received vetting back at least?

Didn't want to be the first to break the silence but yeah I'm thinking calls will start tomorrow. They started last month on the Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CrillyCronker

What ML is everyone? And what ML number would be expected to be reached?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Gymshark

What ML is everyone? And what ML number would be expected to be reached?

Low 500 I am. Missed two intakes because of exceptionally slow vetting for some unknown reason but should hopefully be one of the first to receive a call if it happens tomo

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Adam261

Low 500’s for me also.
    I had to defer from the April intake because of a long notice period for my current job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Dogs Bollocks

Long time lurker - was unable to post because I didn't activate my account fgs. At what stage did most people get vetting back.. surely not long after SMT?

Advertisement