Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic lights - Briarhill

Options
  • 15-04-2019 7:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭

Just checking if anyone has passed the area yet. Are they still out of order? Could be mayhem up there this morning.

I was up there yesterday evening and they were out.

Anyone know the issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭NTC

Just saw this on AARoadwatch
    GALWAY:

Traffic lights remain out of action at the Briarhill jct until further notice.

It's slow into Parkmore from both sides.

No major delays for Galway City traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Heading out of galway reduced to 1 lane but little trafic, heading in to galway was nearly backed up to the far roundabout

• Registered Users Posts: 23,515 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Heading out of galway reduced to 1 lane but little trafic, heading in to galway was nearly backed up to the far roundabout
    Same as every weekday morning then

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Went through yesterday, was a complete joke, hopefully fixed soon

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭flazio

In my opinion, they should have closed the Parkmore and Doughiska sides temporarily.
    Parkmore divert through Carnmore and Tuam Road. Ballybrit through Doughiska down at the Roscam side.

• Advertisement

Went through at 8:45am, no issues, traffic moving well with the lads directing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Was still a complete mess at lunch. Some drivers flying through without a care in the world...idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

Sums up galway .
    Lights out all over weekend because of a traffic accident .
    Monday morning rush hour still not fixed.
    Gardai not there at 7.30 am when traffic starts building up .
    It's a joke of a city regarding management of traffic problems/ sporting events / music events etc.
    It operates Monday to Friday 9 to 5 if anything happens outside those hours , it just has to wait until the morning to get sorted .
    A village trying to operate as a city !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

Was still a complete mess at lunch. Some drivers flying through without a care in the world...idiots

Worth mentioning there were no Gardai giving directions at lunch time - every car for themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭NTC

I hope there are going to be there at 5pm! Could be a nightmare getting out of parkmore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Lights out all over weekend because of a traffic accident.
    Was a traffic collision.
    Presume it was a driver of a motor vehicle that was responsible for this?

https://galwaybayfm.ie/galway-bay-fm-news-desk/council-hopes-to-repair-briarhill-traffic-lights-by-this-evening/
    "
    The lights at Briarhill were damaged in a collision early on Saturday and have been out of order since.
    "

Seems like poor design that there has no redundancy built into this traffic
    controlled junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

Why would you put a control box in an area that could be hit by a vecihcle involved in an accident ?
    My god give me street smarts over some of these highly educated engineers !!!

Advertisement