Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those folding triangular climbing frames

Options
  • 07-04-2019 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭

Are they any good?

They look good. But there is very little in the way of videos of toddlers climbing them... most of the footage that is online includes a slide.

Anyone have one? Do kids actually use them?

Any other indoor climbing frame recommendations? ...for an active one year old who needs to be redirected from radiators and windows...

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

There are these wooden things you can get...

https://www.earlyyearsresources.co.uk/physical-development-c374/climb-and-slide-c382/indoor-3-in-1-rocker-counter-slide-p46414

Like that.Now I haven't seen them too often here, the only place I have physically set eyes on them is here...

https://m.duffystoyworld.net/

They had a slightly smaller version when I was in that shop last year.Alternately if you scroll through the main page on that first link, you will see other examples....one being a wooden triangle frame with bars for climbing on that could be good.

Alternatively a junior trampoline from Smyths or Argos, one with a handle on it, is one of the best buys we have had in this house.Can be used inside or out, and fulfills the climbing and bouncing requirement for toddlers!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

This is the sort of thing I mean

https://www.triclimb.co.uk/

Lots of great reviews. Very few videos of it actually being used.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I have seen videos of them on American parenting sites.I just haven't really seen them in shops or anything here.I don't see anything wrong with it to be honest, seems like a good idea if you have a climber.

Ordered one. They are Pikler Triangles. Pikler was a paediatrician who favoured organic low-stress uninhibited development. Seems ideal if he takes to it.

It's a great way to let your child develop, I have been very hands-off, particularly on my second and third, in terms of how they developed crawling and walking and it's amazing to watch how it happens.My second was confidently climbing the "ladder" to a small garden treehouse aged just over a year.I stood behind her and "spotted" her without touching and she never once fell and slipped, had total confidence in her own ability.Yet she didn't walk without holding someone's finger til almost 16 months, when she was certain she was steady.They really do it at their own pace when they are let.

• Advertisement

Arrived this morning. Started climbing it right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 techiekid

I found a good collection at Family of five, you can try their pikler triangle. I think that would be the best option for 1 year old.

Post edited by techiekid on

Advertisement