Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey to contest the European elections

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

That on its own is a reason to vote for him. ;-)

Not really no.

Weak argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,404 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

And you are not being 'personal'. Well done. The debating capability of Casey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

And that just goes to show how some people vote from the most idiotic viewpoint.

"I'm going to vote for someone cause some internet head I hate says not to".

****ing gas. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Shows up the intelligence viewpoint of Casey voters though. Makes me happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

And you are not being 'personal'. Well done. The debating capability of Casey.

You know which forum you're in right?

You know which forum you're in right?

I think you've been rumbled tbh. If you have anything of substance to offer be sure to post it. Otherwise, I'll just ignore you.

• Advertisement

I think you've been rumbled tbh. If you have anything of substance to offer be sure to post it. Otherwise, I'll just ignore you.

You want robust political debate? Is the Politics forum not better suited, or do you feel you would be out of your depth posting there? My understanding of AH is for light-hearted irreverent posting.

You want robust political debate? Is the Politics forum not better suited, or do you feel you would be out of your depth posting there? My understanding of AH is for light-hearted irreverent posting.

You are the poster who is getting huffy because somebody alluded to Casey seeming to be senile. Which is a fair point tbh. Irreverent or not.

I post in the Politics forum all the time btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

You are the poster who is getting huffy because somebody alluded to Casey seeming to be senile. Which is a fair point tbh. Irreverent or not.

I post in the Politics forum all the time btw.

Getting in a huffy says the man down crying at the guards cause your feelings were hurt.

"Guard i beg ya, that mr Casey being a meanie, jail him"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Ganley!

That's where you've been hiding!

declan2693 wrote: »
    Getting in a huffy says the man down crying at the guards cause your feelings were hurt.

"Guard i beg ya, that mr Casey being a meanie, jail him"

I haven't told a word of a lie about that or the response to it.

If you want to somehow defend Casey because I had some conviction..fire ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Jackman25

BBFAN wrote: »
    And that just goes to show how some people vote from the most idiotic viewpoint.

"I'm going to vote for someone cause some internet head I hate says not to".

****ing gas. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Don't think you should be slagging off anyones intelligence. You fairly got your ass handed to ya at the end of "Anyone enjoy being single thread".

Not huffy at all dude, just find it pathetic to suggest someone is senile because you disagree with their ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,003 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I am sure Peter is planning to say something controversial to get the masses riled up. I'll put a bet on now that it will relate to immigration.

He might take credit for burning down the asylum centre in donegal:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Idbatterim wrote: »
    what a waste him running for europe! If he started new party, he could conceivably get from 15-20% of the vote in my opinion. If you had a real third force in Irish politics, it would be a total game changer!

He's never going to start a new party.
    He knows how to push the buttons and to get a good chunk of people excited for a little while, but he isn't going to be a serious politician with actual ideas, nevermind leading a new party with a whole set of policies.

It's sad that so many people have lost so much faith in politics that they're reduced to looking at Casey as a leader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

BBFAN wrote: »

In fairness BB, people excercise their vote different ways, for different reasons. Some informed, some less so.

But such dismissive disregard for alternative views doesnt serve our democracy well, smacks of polarizing views into those i agree with, ergo well informed and intelligent , and those i disagree with, ergo less intelligent.

Hes a gobshíte, yet i voted for him. I dont regard my self as low intelligence. What is wrong with society that he garners such support.

Hes a gobshíte, yet i voted for him. I dont regard my self as low intelligence. What is wrong with society that he garners such support.

You think he's a gob****e.
    You think his support is driven by a 'wrong' in society.

But you voted for him. :confused;

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Phoebas wrote: »
    Both Casey and Ming are looking to be elected in a constituency that will cover all of Ireland's EU land border after Brexit.

We need more serious politicians the likes of Mairead McGuinness, not populists like Casey or Ming.
    It's sad that so many people have lost so much faith in politics that they're reduced to looking at Casey as a leader.

It's not difficult to lose faith in politics when the biggest political party are putting candidates like the 2014 Rose of Tralee forward.

I suppose you'd class her as a 'serious politician'.

Apparently she's passionate about "mental health, diversity, inclusion, women’s rights and working to improve young people’s lives".

You'd be hard pressed to find someone running in this election with a more populist outlook.

Once again you've shown yourself to be a hypocrite when it comes to Fine Gael.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

You think he's a gob****e.
    You think his support is driven by a 'wrong' in society.

But you voted for him. :confused;

More of it.

"So what you're saying is"...type guff.
    Is it a "wrong" or is it a wrong.
    People vote for many reasons. Failing to understand perceived and real wrongs is polarizing

I'll say one thing for Peter Casey; a few weeks after the presidential election, I held the door open for him* at a petrol station and he smiled politely and said thank you. Not that this should be a noteworthy achievement, but some people are such rude ****s that even that much is beyond them!

*At least I think it was him. If not him, then it was his doppelganger.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,342 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

In fairness BB, people excercise their vote different ways, for different reasons. Some informed, some less so.

But such dismissive disregard for alternative views doesnt serve our democracy well, smacks of polarizing views into those i agree with, ergo well informed and intelligent , and those i disagree with, ergo less intelligent.

??

• Advertisement

It's not difficult to lose faith in politics when the biggest political party are putting candidates like the 2014 Rose of Tralee forward.

Apparently she's passionate about "mental health, diversity, inclusion, women’s rights and working to improve young people’s lives".

You'd be hard pressed to find someone running in this election with a more populist outlook.

You realise you've just invented my support for whoever that politician is. I've never heard of her or mentioned her let alone expressed any support for her.

More of it.

"So what you're saying is"...type guff.
    Is it a "wrong" or is it a wrong.
    People vote for many reasons. Failing to understand perceived and real wrongs is polarizing

Tell me about it.
    You cast your ballot for someone you think is a 'gobshíte'

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Phoebas wrote:
    You realise you've just invented my support for whoever that politician is. I've never heard of her or mentioned her let alone expressed any support for her.

But isn't that the best type of support, that which is invented?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Well he is easily the best out of that lot. No contest

Hmm better than the current VP of the EU Parliament or two MEPs who already have five years experience, one of whom topped the poll last time out? By what standard is he "better"?

Idbatterim wrote: »
    what a waste him running for europe! If he started new party, he could conceivably get from 15-20% of the vote in my opinion. If you had a real third force in Irish politics, it would be a total game changer!

You dont have to be good or polished to win over a sizeable amount of the electorate (as casey proved), many will vote for any one other than the current morons!

The fact he actually just speaks the truth on one topic, separates him from the rest of the spineless, virtue signalling rats! Also when he said the government were doing nothing for working people, absolutely correct!

If those rats started losing seats, they'd start thinking twice!

You are confusing our attitude to a Presidential or any other kind of election v a GE. The GE is the only one we really take seriously. But let's see.

Who is he going to take this imaginary 10-15% away from?
    What policies would he have?
    Who'd run with him?
    How would such an entity be a game changer given that every single other party would hammer them and most likely have little to do with their "policies"?

New parties tend not to flourish here; the only notable exception being the PDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Jackman25

Full house of the current right-on buzzwords anyway. What does "passionate about diversity" even mean. Won't be getting my vote.

It's an EU election. You can be for whatever you like. Still a personality contest and what matters is how much the public takes to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

is_that_so wrote: »
    You are confusing our attitude to a Presidential or any other kind of election v a GE. The GE is the only one we really take seriously. But let's see.

Who is he going to take this imaginary 10-15% away from?
    What policies would he have?
    Who'd run with him?
    How would such an entity be a game changer given that every single other party would hammer them and most likely have little to do with their "policies"?

New parties tend not to flourish here; the only notable exception being the PDs.

And the PDs only flourished for a short time by being a voting crutch for the most corrupt leaders we've ever seen.

Their legacy was a crashed economy.

Danzy wrote: »
    And the PDs only flourished for a short time by being a voting crutch for the most corrupt leaders we've ever seen.

Their legacy was a crashed economy.
    20 years is a long time in terms of small defunct Irish parties and they were in power in four governments.

• Advertisement

Well good morning everyone. I see we all got along swimmingly last night :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement