Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey to contest the European elections

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Your defence smacks of desperation to be honest.

What defence dude? As I said I have no problem with criticism of an individual's ideas/policies or lack thereof but when it descends to personal attack I have nothing but contempt for the clowns engaged in it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Casey does strike me as a very populist type of candidate. I can see why Sinn Fein supporters might have cause for concern.

Dunno if I'd vote for him though. I don't like the talk about leaving the single currency at all. As I said earlier in the thread, there's a smack of JRM off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,397 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

What defence dude? As I said I have no problem with criticism of an individual's ideas/policies or lack thereof but when it descends to personal attack I have nothing but contempt for the clowns engaged in it.

On both threads you have attacked anyone criticising him. And have done your fair share of 'personal attack'.

On both threads you have attacked anyone criticising him. And have done your fair share of 'personal attack'.

So you claim I have attacked anyone who has criticised him, time to back up your claim with proof not your usual defense if in my opinion. When you are ready......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Necro wrote: »
    Casey does strike me as a very populist type of candidate. I can see why Sinn Fein supporters might have cause for concern.

Dunno if I'd vote for him though. I don't like the talk about leaving the single currency at all. As I said earlier in the thread, there's a smack of JRM off it.

Maybe its because Sinn Fein stands for Radical Feminism, 75% taxation rates, and free houses for those who never worked a day in their life. Sinn Fein are an ultra-Marxist mouthpiece and I'd vote for the DUP anyday before I'd give SF a vote and I am a very Nationalistic person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

theguzman wrote: »
    Maybe its because Sinn Fein stands for Radical Feminism, 75% taxation rates, and free houses for those who never worked a day in their life. Sinn Fein are an ultra-Marxist mouthpiece and I'd vote for the DUP anyday before I'd give SF a vote and I am a very Nationalistic person.

Really???? I'm no fan of any political party but one thing I do know is I'd never vote for the DUP and you claiming you would as a nationalist is a load of bollix.

So you claim I have attacked anyone who has criticised him, time to back up your claim with proof not your usual defense if in my opinion. When you are ready......

A random pluck of some of your derisiveness:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109913205&postcount=254

I'd say, develop an actual political argument, if you wish to support him. Otherwise, maybe enroll in a fanclub and leave the discussion of what he says his policy is to others?

leave the discussion of what he says his policy is to others?

Are you attempting to backseat mod the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

is_that_so wrote: »
    Current list of nominated candidates.

https://www.mayoreturningofficer.com/nominations
    Well he is easily the best out of that lot. No contest

A random pluck of some of your derisiveness:

You'll have to do better than that tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,017 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I'm not a SF fan at all but that is just utter laughable nonsense.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Are you attempting to backseat mod the thread?

Do you want to discuss his policies or defend him because he shot his mouth off about travellers and doesn't want to talk about that anymore.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Peter will make Ireland Great Again and show the EU that their days are numbered and Irexit is very much a real possibility.

Yep, your DUP vote checks out :pac:

Do you want to discuss his policies or defend him because he shot his mouth off about travellers and doesn't want to talk about that anymore.

Are you still trying to back seat mod the thread?

Have you any policy arguments? Yes or no? Simple question.

You can't answer it though.

What is your opinion of Casey's policy of wanting to leave the Euro? Will you vote for him on that policy?

What is your opinion of Casey's policy of wanting to leave the Euro? Will you vote for him on that policy?

I answered this further back, now can you answer my question are you attempting to mod the thread?

BBFAN wrote:
    Have you any policy arguments? Yes or no? Simple question.

BBFAN wrote:
    You can't answer it though.
    Why ask a question if you are going to provide the answer aswell?seems bizarre tbh.

I answered this further back, now can you answer my question are you attempting to mod the thread?

No I am not.

Can you answer my question now to get the thread back on topic.

What do you think of Casey's views on the Euro?

Why ask a question if you are going to provide the answer aswell?seems bizarre tbh.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

What do you think of Casey's views on the Euro?

As already said by me to you I already answered that question. Not doing so again.

That has given me the laugh of the night, when someone admits that they don't have an answer and thinks that's a smart answer. :D: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

BBFAN wrote:
    That has given me the laugh of the night, when someone admits that they don't have an answer and thinks that's a smart answer. :

Dude you have been giving me a laugh since I registered in this site.

As already said by me to you I already answered that question. Not doing so again.

Ok, I went back and read your answer...you couldn't care less what his views are on the Euro.
    I could care less what his stance on the Euro is tbh.
    So are you advocating a vote for him in this election? Yes or No answer will suffice.
    Because if you 'couldn't care less' then I will just ignore what you have to say. I'm strongly advocating NOT voting for him.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Surely he;d be better off going to a Dail seat? Not that many travelers in Europe so what exactly does he hope to achieve there?

EDIT - with him on the single use plastics, but again - is that as much of an issue for Europe? Most western European countries already recycle more than Ireland does.

Irish travellers roam Europe each summer. The Rathkeale Rovers really get about these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Sinn Fein are nowhere near ultra-Marxist.

Why do people go to all the bother of writing things like this when they clearly don't know what they mean?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Ok, I went back and read your answer...you couldn't care less what his views are on the Euro.

So are you advocating a vote for him in this election? Yes or No answer will suffice.
    Because if you 'couldn't care less' then I will just ignore what you have to say. I'm strongly advocating NOT voting for him.

I will most definitely be voting for Casey

Blueshoe wrote: »

So why do you think we should leave the Euro and how can we do it without leaving the EU?

Blueshoe wrote: »

Fair play, go you!!!!

• Advertisement

. I'm strongly advocating NOT voting for him.

That on its own is a reason to vote for him. ;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement