Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bet365 tennis

• 10-04-2019 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I don't often use Bet365 for tennis betting, but did this morning.

One selection won because his opponent retired and they settle it as VOID, rather than a winner. I have been on the phone to them and apparently this is their policy.

It is an absolute disgrace and cop out.

As far as I can see, PP and Betfair would settle that as a winner.

Has anyone else any experience of this?

I would urge people to avoid Bet365 tennis betting like the plague due to this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Tomw86 wrote: »
    Hi,

I don't often use Bet365 for tennis betting, but did this morning.

One selection won because his opponent retired and they settle it as VOID, rather than a winner. I have been on the phone to them and apparently this is their policy.

It is an absolute disgrace and cop out.

As far as I can see, PP and Betfair would settle that as a winner.

Has anyone else any experience of this?

I would urge people to avoid Bet365 tennis betting like the plague due to this.

You don't like their terms after you agreed to them? How does that work? Does it work both ways?

Had it been your selection that retired and you received the void you'd be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Yeah I didn't know that was a specific term for their tennis - my fault for not reading.

They apply this logic to tennis but not to any other sport - for example if a golfer retires injured you do not get a refund, if your horses is injured and pulled up you do not get a refund.

It makes zero sense to me but lesson learnt and all tennis bets will go through another bookmaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,988 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I know for a fact that on Betfair Exchange a tennis game is only valid until completion of the first set.

So of a player retires during the first set it's void.
    After the first set there is a winner and a loser.

When did the player retire OP ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Bet365:
    In the event of a match starting but not being completed then all bets will be void unless after the start of the match a player is disqualified in which case the player/team progressing to the next round or being awarded the victory will be deemed the winner for settlement purposes.

BetVictor:
    Match must be completed for bets to stand. In the event of a disqualification or retirement all bets will be void.

Advertisement