Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 34 transfer thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Why are people selling aguero given his double game week in 35?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,562 ✭✭✭shmeee

km79 wrote: »
    I've no WC either
    And that's precisely why I am waiting before even considering selling my gw35 captain for another transfers so precious
    It's not like there isn't another possible replacement for maddison other than a midfielder who scored well in the last dgw and will most likely not replicate next?
    If you haven't already made those transfers then do yourself a favour and wait !

Lately I've just done moves as otherwise I spend a whole week changing my mind and end up making an arse of it anyway.

But your 100% correct, but I've lost logic the last few weeks with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Why are people selling aguero given his double game week in 35?

I would think the transfers mostly going to Kane in GW34 as they have HUD. Difficult to have both players.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Any love for Son? Considering him. Eriksen was muck against palace.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Haven’t we been here many times before with spurs /Kane and an easy hime fixture following champions league ?
    And this is even worse Cos it’s an early ko sandwiched between the 2 legs !!!!!

If aguero is out injured it may change things I suppose but prob not for me !

Son for mane is tempting but he is a huge huge rotation risk for the Huddersfield game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

He got a goal and an assist against Palace?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Pogba - Son is a very obvious one for me apart from the Champions League fixtures.
    Tuesday: Man City (a)
    Saturday: Huddersfield (H)
    Wednesday: Man City (H)

Can't help but feel that if the tie is still alive after Tuesday, Spurs could go the Llorente/Moura-type strikeforce on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Pogba - Son is a very obvious one for me apart from the Champions League fixtures.
    Tuesday: Man City (a)
    Saturday: Huddersfield (H)
    Wednesday: Man City (H)

Can't help but feel that if the tie is still alive after Tuesday, Spurs could go the Llorente/Moura-type strikeforce on Saturday.

Wouldn’t think so. Why? 3 day break. Kane needs rhythm.

Hhmmm
    There is actually a decent break between all those games for spurs actually

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Hhmmm
    There is actually a decent break between all those games for spurs actually

Far too risky to go Kane less next week, his ceiling is far too high vs that defence.

• Advertisement

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Wouldn’t think so. Why? 3 day break. Kane needs rhythm.
    It's Son I'm looking at. More of a rotational risk than Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dicky2016

WC Activated
    Murray (C)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dicky2016 wrote: »
    WC Activated
    Murray (C)

No way he plays both games, he's a hundred years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

HSon for mane is tempting but he is a huge huge rotation risk for the Huddersfield game
    Son didn't start two of their last three league games, either he's no longer first choice (whichiI seriously doubt) or he has had his rotation and is ready for a run of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Son didn't start two of their last three league games, either he's no longer first choice (whichiI seriously doubt) or he has had his rotation and is ready for a run of games.

Spurs fan here - son could easily be swapped out for moura or lamela.

Granted he is in the first 11 however poch might think he can beat Huddersfield without his first 11 out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Spurs fan here - son could easily be swapped out for moura or lamela.

Granted he is in the first 11 however poch might think he can beat Huddersfield without his first 11 out
    Yes but I don't see why Son would be considered a bigger rotation risk than Kane or Eriksen who both have had more minutes of late. I was more thinking that if you are worried about Spurs rotation then it is probably best to avoid them altogether as it is too difficult predicting who will be rotated, if any.

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Yes but I don't see why Son would be considered a bigger rotation risk than Kane or Eriksen who both have had more minutes of late. I was more thinking that if you are worried about Spurs rotation then it is probably best to avoid them altogether as it is too difficult predicting who will be rotated, if any.

We'll all over think it.

You can argue (a) he's had more minutes so is due a rest or (b) he's had more minutes so is rotated less.

I feel Son's game is more based on running and intensity than Kane/Eriksen, but purely speculating.

People spent most of Christmas thinking he'd definitely be rested next game, and he never was.

Not sure what to do really.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Thoughts on Gabriel Jesus instead of Aguero?

Sergio might be preferred to Jesus for the CL meaning Jesus gets the PL games and the lion share of the DGW in 35?

Sergio might be preferred to Jesus for the CL meaning Jesus gets the PL games and the lion share of the DGW in 35?

no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Think it might just be crazy (Prodston) enough to work :)

• Advertisement

D
    I
    O
    P
    O
    U
    T

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Nope.

Aguero starts every game if fit. City don’t have margin for error in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Speroni out for Ryan. I kept Boruc, as I think Begovic will be dropped again, he was dreadful at the weekend. If that happens, it'll be a nice bonus for when I BB.

Still have 1 FT. Kane in for Rashford and possibly Hazard out for 8.3m mid.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Speroni out for Ryan. I kept Boruc, as I think Begovic will be dropped again, he was dreadful at the weekend. If that happens, it'll be a nice bonus for when I BB.

Still have 1 FT. Kane in for Rashford and possibly Hazard out for 8.3m mid.

I’m looking for a midfield in this price bracket too.

Son 8.5m is out of reach

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

What do people with no wildcards or free hits do with Wilson, Fraser or Brooks bearing in mind they are playing Fulham the week after next. What do two teams on the beach do when they play each other! Don't fancy them at all at Brighton.

claw wrote: »
    What do people with no wildcards or free hits do with Wilson, Fraser or Brooks bearing in mind they are playing Fulham the week after next. What do two teams on the beach do when they play each other Don't fancy them at all at Brighton.

I’m trying to ship Wilson for Kane this week and get a midfielder for 8.2m but can’t find one I want. Mane would be the midfielder going out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

I’m trying to ship Wilson for Kane this week and get a midfielder for 8.2m but can’t find one I want. Mane would be the midfielder going out

I have Aubameyang on the chopping block too. You would need to find 0.3 for Son. Maybe Jota as they have a double coming up. I would be looking at Deulofeu aswell depending on his injury. Terrible choice of midfielders at the 7-8 million range it's been like that all season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

F1ngers wrote: »
    Batshuayi out, Murray in.

Reckon I'll do Aguero > Kane instead, then reverse the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Don’t look at the price of players - look at their form - Tielemans, Maddison, Milivojevic, Westwood all in decent form and cheapish - Leicester obv pushing for 7th and Burnley still fighting away down there.

Even likes of Siggy, or Ramsey if fit are retuning points regularly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

claw wrote: »
    I have Aubameyang on the chopping block too. You would need to find 0.3 for Son. Maybe Jota as they have a double coming up. I would be looking at Deulofeu aswell depending on his injury. Terrible choice of midfielders at the 7-8 million range it's been like that all season.

Who do you think that is priced higher than 7/8m range should be in the range?

You can’t possible complain about players been cheaper by saying they should be dearer? So then the issue is priced to high for their returns?

Advertisement