Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

it's far from finished :) I need a proper monitor surround and prob a tinted overlay make everything behind the glass nice and dark.
    Need to de rust and restore the coin door and source a yellow leaf switch button as it's bugging me to have two red on one side .
    but after today the pcb is in and the game playable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Fabulous work - well done
    BGOllie wrote: »
    current project is getting there :D

54433653_10157157336718276_5432194350157135872_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=faa85c243dc451b8aed0808b2498a277&oe=5D0C2D97

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

That's cool, already looks great!

Problem with the poker cabs is the poxy angle of the control panel.
    I'm on the look out for a burn free 13" monitor if anyone spots one!

BGOllie wrote: »
    current project is getting there :D

54433653_10157157336718276_5432194350157135872_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=faa85c243dc451b8aed0808b2498a277&oe=5D0C2D97

Ollie,
    I cant help but notice the NOS monitor in the background.
    I'm looking out for another :cool:

• Advertisement

hanging on to that one, I've another project coming where I'll need it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Got through another few boards recently. First up was salamander. It gave me a bit of trouble but got it working fine in the end. Tried it in the arcade cabinet and it needs to be synced properly. A temperamental game. Great game though, the sequel to nemesis/gradius more or less, very similar power-up and weapon system. And then I learned that thundercross is linked to rtype too!

Next was a Capcom black dragon, quite a dirty board. Was first convinced it needed a Capcom adapter because it looks just like ghosts n goblins etc. But nope, just a straight jamma standard. Played straight off the bat. Its the Japanese version of black tiger and quite similar to ghosts n goblins in gameplay. Very good, very difficult.

Thought I had picked up a toki bootleg, but its the genuine thing. This is the Japanese version too, called juju. Worked straight away. I remember this on the megadrive too :)

salamanderblackdragon.jpg

toki.jpg

toki45.jpg

Cps1 multi arrived today, very impressed, instant loading and working great. Acrylic case was damaged but will not be needed anyways.

wi0pqt.jpg

1zee6mx.jpg

mvno80.jpg

2rdghl0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭geotrig

Darksoft jobby or china jobby ? I wish one of them would just concentrate there efforts on cloning the mbs ....now that i would buy !

Mozie,
    i can't stop thinking that cab is an OK baby when i see it:pac:!!!!

• Advertisement

China jobby, I know darksoft has one on development but its a long ways off and will likely be top dollar too.. This is 32 in 1 board and covers all what I need.. True about the A boards there a nightmare also keep a spare...replacement customs actually came up for sale recently from old chinese stock.. I've ordered a few in case there ever needed

China jobby, I know darksoft has one on development but its a long ways off and will likely be top dollar too.. This is 32 in 1 board and covers all what I need.. True about the A boards there a nightmare also keep a spare...replacement customs actually came up for sale recently from old chinese stock.. I've ordered a few in case there ever needed

Whats the deal with these ?
    got a link to them ?

o/\ havent kept up with darksofts side and had saw some on one the chinese sites recently,hence the query.

Mozie,
    i can't stop thinking that cab is an OK baby when i see it:pac:!!!!

Haha.. I can put it in another if you want.. ;)

geotrig wrote: »
    o/\ havent kept up with darksofts side and had saw some on one the chinese sites recently,hence the query.

Its the same guy is creating those proper pgm conversion carts, not the ones that look like joerg covered in jizz.. He has created a proper pcb for those carts rather than modify existing, his almost half the price of arcademodbios.. You can find him on arcade-projects.com.. His username name is lydz but his English is not so good so he trades through another user on there called sheep nova, do a search on ebay for him.. He sells mostly IGS pgm stuff and have the cave convert carts listed

Its the same guy is creating those proper pgm conversion carts, not the ones that look like joerg covered in jizz.. He has created a proper pcb for those carts rather than modify existing, his almost half the price of arcademodbios.. You can find him on arcade-projects.com.. His username name is lydz but his English is not so good so he trades through another user on there called sheep nova, do a search on ebay for him.. He sells mostly IGS pgm stuff and have the cave convert carts listed

yeah ,I think I saw them on taob, not that my chinese is any good for browsing there !, or one of those sites which seems to be the same guy as far as i know.
    They had a cps1.5 version as well but i didnt keep the link

• Registered Users Posts: 34,482 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I haven't browsed Sheep_Nova's stuff on ebay in an age, always remember they had some great stuff.

Seem to be offloading PGM mobos for a great price, free postage too;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IGS-original-motherboard-for-PGM-version-3/283406370313?hash=item41fc560609:g:004AAOSwPVFcK5Ox&frcectupt=true

I've bought loads off him and his a solid seller, always packs well and ships with DHL express.. Also if you contact him on arcade-projects.com youll get items a little cheaper.. Seen the 1.5 board but punisher works great on cps2 multi so a bit expensive for just 2 games.. C&D is on cps1 multi but obviously qsound is absent as doesn't have the hardware so I presume its the bootleg version

I've bought loads off him and his a solid seller, always packs well and ships with DHL express.. Also if you contact him on arcade-projects.com youll get items a little cheaper.. Seen the 1.5 board but punisher works great on cps2 multi so a bit expensive for just 2 games.. C&D is on cps1 multi but obviously qsound is absent as doesn't have the hardware so I presume its the bootleg version

you get hit with customs charge ?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Do you know if it was the replacement for the custom A01's or the B21's that are for sale? I picked up some B21's from utsource a few months ago but they had no stock of the A01.

Any link for the CPS1 multi? I searched ebay for sheep_nova and the arcade-projects site for CPS1 but can't seem to find it. Looks like a great piece of kit.

• Advertisement

geotrig wrote: »
    you get hit with customs charge ?

No not yet anyways :pac: ... He'll do a pm mobo and a conversion cart for $150 delivered which is pretty good considering joerg was charging 180 euro for cart last time I checked

Do you know if it was the replacement for the custom A01's or the B21's that are for sale? I picked up some B21's from utsource a few months ago but they had no stock of the A01.

Any link for the CPS1 multi? I searched ebay for sheep_nova and the arcade-projects site for CPS1 but can't seem to find it. Looks like a great piece of kit.

https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/index.php?thread/5512-my-capcom-cps1-50n1/&pageNo=1

Was replacements for both I ordered but remember they only had only had a couple of A01s left in stock at the time, ill let you know when they arrive on the slow boat..

• Registered Users Posts: 34,482 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I don't know why (especially given the game has only ever had the one release) but there's a set of Alien Versus Predator arcade figures!

https://www.geekeffect.co.uk/toys/official/action-figures/p/avp-arcade

Linn and Dutch too

https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/neca-alien-vs-predator-dutch-lin-arcade-2-pack.html

finally done with this one. came out pretty nice and I've happy with it. Since 1942 was a conversion kit it had the standard generic romstar panel. Here, the control panel is a custom job based on the 1943 full template. I made a couple of version of it (a full one and a smaller one like this ) and sent it to Olly / arcadeartshop /muddymusic in case other people are looking for sth similar. If you want a copy of the file let me know.
    I only had one yellow leaf switch button so I'll be looking for another one :)
    I got the nos Romstar side art from mitch a while back so I thought it would be perfect for this build.

56553742_10157177513548276_7984919935040094208_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=80dce43ff6fb88fec9f3623af8072154&oe=5D47F73C
    now moved to the arcade room . we're full!!! :)

56968278_10157178514518276_2330640617077473280_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=24cf352df4e29bb234aeffc2c343aaa0&oe=5D03256A

Looks great Ollie..what next? Another room is needed I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Waaay to many cabs in there, you should definitely start selling them :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Waaay to many cabs in there, you should definitely start selling them :)

To me....

Especially the Galaga cab...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Whats the deal with these ?
    got a link to them ?

Second that ask, linky? :)

You can buy from taobao through an agent of course or contact sheep_nova via eBay or arcade-projects forum.

• Advertisement

superbuy is a decent enough agent to buy from taobao

Advertisement