Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 33 captain poll

• 04-04-2019 10:51pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Salah(C), Vardy(VC).

GW33 Captain poll 130 votes

Salah(sou)
    63% 83 votes
    Mane(sou)
    6% 9 votes
    Fraser(BUR)
    6% 8 votes
    Wilson(BUR)
    1% 2 votes
    Vardy(hud)
    0% 0 votes
    Rondon(CRY)
    4% 6 votes
    Batshuyi(new)
    0% 1 vote
    Siggy(ARS)
    0% 0 votes
    PEA(eve)
    0% 1 vote
    Hazard(WHU)
    0% 1 vote
    Higuain(WHU)
    14% 19 votes
    Anderson(che)
    0% 0 votes
    Other, mention in thread
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Hazard :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Mane

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Haz. When I get him in for Pogba

• Registered Users Posts: 8,562 ✭✭✭shmeee

Higuain!

Time yo mix it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭markc91

Lacazette

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Vardy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Currently have Salah, Mane, Vardy and will be transferring Hazard in later today or maybe in the morning depending on price rises (;););))

As a pessimistic/paranoid Liverpool fan who has been trolled by Hazard a million times (only getting him in as a blocker tbh), I'm thinking of throwing the armband on Vardy :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Mane. Because otherwise it's a defender, keeper or, worse, Batshuayi.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Probably Vardy, I'm hoping for a party this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

I have 4 candidates:

Salah - done nothing to warrant it in recent weeks. Also playing tonight, so don't want my weekend ruined early!
    Hazard - Troll. Also playing Monday before an important EL game. May not start/finish.
    Wilson - Lucky to even be in my team after last season. I have serious trust issues with him!
    Vardy - guaranteed starter. Away to worst team in the league. In good form.

Going to stick it on Vardy.

• Advertisement

shmeee wrote: »
    Higuain!

Time yo mix it up.

The more I think about it, this lad probably won't start.

So a toss of a coin better Vardy and Haz.

Haz a pure troll so Vardy Party is the obvious one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Benimar wrote: »
    I have 4 candidates:

Salah - done nothing to warrant it in recent weeks. Also playing tonight, so don't want my weekend ruined early!
    Hazard - Troll. Also playing Monday before an important EL game. May not start/finish.
    Wilson - Lucky to even be in my team after last season. I have serious trust issues with him!
    Vardy - guaranteed starter. Away to worst team in the league. In good form.

Going to stick it on Vardy.

Sounds like solid reasoning, let's go Vardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Higuain!

Time yo mix it up.

Is he eligible for Europa league?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Huddersfield vs Lecister is the epitomy of a game I would never captain a player in.
    Huddersfield are ****e but will now have absolutely no pressure and will probably play well in home games. I am fully expecting Perreira to concede again.
    Lecister are a team on the beach. It might work out well for Vardy captainers but I would be wary of them at the best of times. This time of year I would rather have players in my team with something to play for . Failing that I will captain one of the few in my team that does.
    Now to decide which one

Higuain!

Time yo mix it up.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

km79 wrote: »
    Huddersfield vs Lecister is the epitomy of a game I would never captain a player in.
    Huddersfield are ****e but will now have absolutely no pressure and will probably play well in home games. I am fully expecting Perreira to concede again.
    Lecister are a team on the beach. It might work out well for Vardy captainers but I would be wary of them at the best of times. This time of year I would rather have players in my team with something to play for . Failing that I will captain one of the few in my team that does.
    Now to decide which one

Vardy hattrick incoming

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Now to decide which one

I was listening something during the week and they had a guy on who runs a podcast that covers Leicester (It's called For Fox Sake :pac:). He feels that Leicester are pushing hard to try get the EL spot (assuming City win the Cup).

With Rodgers newly installed he feels there will be no easing off. This gives me a bit of confidence in Vardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Seem to recall that Rodgers very rarely slacks off. He rarely took off Suarez when the games were well in the bag and even though they had plenty of fixtures...

He's new in the job and I can't see them on a beach just yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Milli. For no other reason other than the fact that I love him and he deserves it.

:pac: :pac:

(Brace yourselves for an uncharacteristic penalty miss.)

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Vardy. Let's have a party.

• Advertisement

Why?

Pure heart over head decision which I've since changed as he won't be starting I feel. And the template captain has been successful in a long time, apart from last week, it was GW25 since my captain last returned like many here I say with Salah and Pogba over them poor weeks.

Now 100 points behind ML leader so 2nd is all I'm hoping for, lad in 1st has pulled miles clear and I've had a mare since GW27. My OR of 13k feels like a long time ago now out to 134k.

Have transferred in Vardy so him or Haz now my options.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mamax

Hazard for captain for me this time after weeks with salah, gonna take a chance

Benimar wrote: »
    I was listening something during the week and they had a guy on who runs a podcast that covers Leicester (It's called For Fox Sake :pac:). He feels that Leicester are pushing hard to try get the EL spot (assuming City win the Cup).

With Rodgers newly installed he feels there will be no easing off. This gives me a bit of confidence in Vardy.
    Interesting
    Still not enough for me but encouraging as an owner
    Now if Perreira could do something I would be even happier!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

As tempting as it is to captain Hazard forcskme Monday night football, I think I will go with Vardy. Hopefully Huddersfield will try to score a few goals, opening them up for Vardy on the counter

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

Hazard after much deliberation!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,291 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Must be one of the tightest captaincy gameweeks of the season. Not an easy pick between Salah, Mane, Hazard and Vardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭bantee

Mane for me, get the disappointment out of the way early this GW

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Vardy for me, he's on form and playing an awful defence.

I'd be worried about Hazard's consistency and possible reduced game time cos of Europa League. It's tough to choose between Salah and Mane as either could haul so I think Vardy is the safe pick this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Vardy Party

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Hazard for me

Advertisement