Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your ultimate age limit (upper&lower!) when dating?

Options
  • 04-04-2019 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭

What age+gender are you and what's your ultimate age limit when it comes to dating someone older or younger?

I'm a 32 yr old woman and I reckon 28-46 is my limit. When I was younger I always dated guys a lot older than me and still tend to go for older, but I find I'm more open to guys my age or a bit younger now since that means they're at least late 20s. Although, I was getting messages from 23/24 year olds until I sorted out my dating app settings :rolleyes:

My younger sister is early-20s but always dates older (wonder where she got that from:pac:), so we've ended up overlapping on Tinder matches etc. and having to check with each other on who we're talking to. That's been a bit of a strange feeling, to say the least!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Tacklebox

I'm 43 so 37 up as far as 55 would be my limit while I was dating.

Always preferred the mature women, ever since I seen Dallas as a kid I had crushes on the more edgy cougar types :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

50-35 Im 39 MSM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I'm 29 and my minimum age is 24 and max would be early/mid 30's, if they're younger than my sister then forget about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Don't have one. Just once he isn't too young or too old for me personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

half my age, plus 7. or twice (my age minus seven)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Five years below my age, three years above. Obviously that's broadly speaking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 144 ✭✭Marcus Rashford

Lowest 22, highest 45

(please note I’m 87)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Lowest 22, highest 45

(please note I’m 87)
    Is that breast size you're talking about Marcus?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭This is it

I'd leave it open to +/- 5 years though I prefer my own age or a little older. Tough question to answer with so many other variables like maturity, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Vela wrote: »
    What age+gender are you and what's your ultimate age limit when it comes to dating someone older or younger?

I'm a 32 yr old woman and I reckon 28-46 is my limit. When I was younger I always dated guys a lot older than me and still tend to go for older, but I find I'm more open to guys my age or a bit younger now since that means they're at least late 20s. Although, I was getting messages from 23/24 year olds until I sorted out my dating app settings :rolleyes:

My younger sister is early-20s but always dates older (wonder where she got that from:pac:), so we've ended up overlapping on Tinder matches etc. and having to check with each other on who we're talking to. That's been a bit of a strange feeling, to say the least!

Would ya stretch to early 50s;) with me own hair and teeth, I also have a great collection of Johnny Cash, records that is, not money..

This is it wrote: »
    Tough question to answer with so many other variables like maturity, etc.

Emotional maturity is the clincher for me, whether she be 27 or 37.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

Female and have a partner now but I've had relationships with guys a few years older than me and one guy 22 years younger. Age was never a determining factor for me on how well I get on with anyway or how attracted I am to them, be they friend or prospective partner. Well within reason anyway :pac:

What's behind their ears and how kind and thoughtful they are are far more important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Vela

Emotional maturity is the clincher for me, whether she be 27 or 37.

Yeah, I get that completely. When I was a teenager, my boyfriend was in his 20s because I was definitely more emotionally mature than most 16-year-olds. But it's mainly been my experience that men mature a bit later than women, so they're playing catchup until around 27 when it starts to level out. I think that's why I'd be more open to dating someone a bit younger now, whereas I wouldn't have considered it at all a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Vela

Greentopia wrote: »
    Female and have a partner now but I've had relationships with guys a few years older than me and one guy 22 years younger. Age was never a determining factor for me on how well I get on with anyway or how attracted I am to them, be they friend or prospective partner. Well within reason anyway :pac:

What's behind their ears and how kind and thoughtful they are are far more important.

22 years? Holy sh1tamoly. Mind me asking what age ye both were?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Don't have one. Just once he isn't too young or too old for me personally.

So then you do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

I’m 33, youngest I could fathom is maybe a 30/31 year old guy but really I prefer older. I’d say oldest would be 40 or so, but guy I’m massively into now is 43 so I’m pretty open on older guys.

Main decider would be does he have his sh1t together.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

My first gf was older than me, and so's my current wife. :D

My lower limit is 18 months younger to I won't say how older. At the moment, 61 ± 5 days is my limit.

My wife has approved this post. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

What's behind their ears? Just give it a good scrubbing and the dirt should fall away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Pyr0 wrote: »
    I'm 29 and my minimum age is 24 and max would be early/mid 30's, if they're younger than my sister then forget about it!

I'm 37 and my lower limit would be 30-ish. I can't imagine having an enormous amount in common with anyone younger than that. Upper limit would probably be mid-40s. Not much older than that anyway - I don't want to catch the menopause.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

petes wrote: »
    So then you do
    Oh yeah but I don't have exact figures. However I suppose that means vague figures so probably late 20s to late 40s.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Im 23, I think I wouldnt date a guy under 20 and while Im attracted to guys up to their 40's I cant imagine I would get along that well romantically with a guy over about 28/29

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Yeah, I get that completely. When I was a teenager, my boyfriend was in his 20s because I was definitely more emotionally mature than most 16-year-olds. But it's mainly been my experience that men mature a bit later than women, so they're playing catchup until around 27 when it starts to level out. I think that's why I'd be more open to dating someone a bit younger now, whereas I wouldn't have considered it at all a few years ago.

This is very true. When I was 29, I wouldn't have dreamed of dating a 25-year-old, but now at 33 I wouldn't think twice about dating a 29-year-old. That's actually my preferred age bracket now for dating.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,317 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I'm age limitation fluid. As I get older fluidity kicks in.

Just kidding. But seriously, I find as I get older I fancy guys who I know I wouldn't have when I was 10/15 years younger (older ppl).

And likewise I fancy less ppl who are 10/15 years younger than me , where when I was their age, I would have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

22 years? Holy sh1tamoly. Mind me asking what age ye both were?

Well he was 27 so... :) I look after myself and have always looked young for my age so guys tend to think I'm younger than I am. Then when they realise I'm a lot older they're hooked anyway buahahahahaha... :D or not.

We were only together a few months though. His beloved Mamma would not have been pleased I think if he had brought me home to meet her :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Youngest has been 19 years younger...the other end of the scale, about 10 years older...age is but a number .......or so I keep telling myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Just waiting for permabear to come on and tell us all how he is 45 and shagging a 19 year old....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Why stop with age when even death can't stop love;

Karen Greenlee

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Half my age.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 JonnyMarbles

Well he was 27 so... :) I look after myself and have always looked young for my age so guys tend to think I'm younger than I am. Then when they realise I'm a lot older they're hooked anyway buahahahahaha... :D or not.

We were only together a few months though. His beloved Mamma would not have been pleased I think if he had brought me home to meet her :pac:

27 and currently going after a 48 year old. She's hot ;)

Advertisement