Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Recruitment April Intake (2019)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ddylan

Fabio_1988 wrote: »
    If your vetting is back already you might have an outside chance. Time is against you though.

does the vetting include your interview with the super ?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Hot_Fuzz

ddylan wrote: »
    does the vetting include your interview with the super ?

Yeah that’s part of your local vetting

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fabio_1988

so if the appointments say you have vetting outstanding is that just the meeting that i have with the super?

No that’s only one part of it. The super would only be signing off local vetting. Could still be other vetting outstanding.

Fabio_1988 wrote: »
    No that’s only one part of it. The super would only be signing off local vetting. Could still be other vetting outstanding.

okay thanks and do they need to give you more then a week notice with a offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

okay thanks and do they need to give you more then a week notice with a offer?

There have been people who've only been given a day's notice! I'm same as you - supposed to give employer 4 weeks notice.

• Advertisement

Elliot192 wrote: »
    There have been people who've only been given a day's notice! I'm same as you - supposed to give employer 4 weeks notice.

and do you know what happens in does cases? Can you defer your place or do you lose your offer if you cant start due to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

and do you know what happens in does cases? Can you defer your place or do you lose your offer if you cant start due to work?

I've no idea sorry, you'd have to ring HRM and find out. But if your medical or fitness or vetting runs out in the meantime while you wait for the next intake you have to redo them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rreilly 9212

Hi I am wondering if you have a certain length of time to hand in your noticed to work can do they have to defer your place till next intake ? Or do you lose your place ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 RussellHobbs

One more question. We get paid roughly 184€ while we are down there. Is this payment organised by the college in the induction week or do we have to sort it out with our local Intreo office before we go down?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,406 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Why would you sort it with the Intreo office? You're being paid directly by the Dept. of Justice.

You won't get paid for your induction week but you'll supply bank details that week and the payment will commence when your formal training begins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 RussellHobbs

Witcher wrote: »
    Why would you sort it with the Intreo office? You're being paid directly by the Dept. of Justice.

You won't get paid for your induction week but you'll supply bank details that week and the payment will commence when your formal training begins.

Ah grand, I just thought it would have been similar to 'job seekers benefit' and that we'd have to sort it out before we go.

Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Redfox21

One more question. We get paid roughly 184€ while we are down there. Is this payment organised by the college in the induction week or do we have to sort it out with our local Intreo office before we go down?

Ive heard they reduced that to 150 a week

• Registered Users Posts: 17 171268

Redfox21 wrote: »
    Ive heard they reduced that to 150 a week

Absolute nonsense..

Is April Intake full or is there still offers going out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NYB

From the posts here it seems they go out a few at a time. Not sure how many but that was the way they did it for the 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mmk123

Just got an offer this morning. Is there a WhatsApp group?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 minionpower

Mmk123 wrote: »
    Just got an offer this morning. Is there a WhatsApp group?

What year are you from??

Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 3 randomhero1991

Received an offer Tuesday for induction on the 15th. From 2018 campaign. Is there a WhatsApp?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Red59

Just received my email with the forms for my sizes and bank details for the induction on the 15th. Does anyone know if we receive any more further information on what to wear for induction etc ..?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NYB

Read previous posts. There is a WhatsApp group too. Congrats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Mmk123

What year are you from??

Congrats

Thanks I’m 2018 order merit 250s

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Red59

Just received my email with the forms for my sizes and bank details for the induction on the 15th. Does anyone know if we receive any more further information on what to wear for induction etc ..?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Press_Start

Hiya Folks

Sorry if this has been said already, but can't seem to find it.

Just applied for the new intake for later this year, and was wondering do I have to have any kind of driving licence? I have never needed one as I cycle everywhere.

Anyone have any input on this?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BuzzMcdonnell

Hiya Folks

Sorry if this has been said already, but can't seem to find it.

Just applied for the new intake for later this year, and was wondering do I have to have any kind of driving licence? I have never needed one as I cycle everywhere.

Anyone have any input on this?

Cheers!

No license required to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DeckTheWreck

Can anyone tell me if having 3 penalty points on my drivers licence for speeding would go against my acceptance for the 2019 Garda intake? I have had a clean drivers licence for almost 10 years and I have just picked up 3 points in last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ALD123

Can anyone tell me if having 3 penalty points on my drivers licence for speeding would go against my acceptance for the 2019 Garda intake? I have had a clean drivers licence for almost 10 years and I have just picked up 3 points in last month.

Nope I’m the same and got them before I applied and I’m accepted in the April intake! Just make sure you disclose that information to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EL11

Hi all,

Got my offer this evening for April 15th. Absolutely over the moon but like many others I'm in my final year of college and I will have to defer until July or else it'll be 4 years of work down the drain. Can I ask if there are others here who deferred for this reason, did you just ring up HRM and explain the situation? And if so, how understanding/accommodating were they?

Thanks in advance folks, and congrats to all who received their offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Hot_Fuzz

EL11 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Got my offer this evening for April 15th. Absolutely over the moon but like many others I'm in my final year of college and I will have to defer until July or else it'll be 4 years of work down the drain. Can I ask if there are others here who deferred for this reason, did you just ring up HRM and explain the situation? And if so, how understanding/accommodating were they?

Thanks in advance folks, and congrats to all who received their offer!

Know a few people who did it and they’re very understanding and usually they’d recommend you finish up with college first anyway as it’ll help you down the line :) congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EL11

Hot_Fuzz wrote: »
    Know a few people who did it and they’re very understanding and usually they’d recommend you finish up with college first anyway as it’ll help you down the line :) congrats!

Thanks for the reply buddy! Sounds good, I'll ring them first thing tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Martialartman

foam wrote: »
    You won't need to buy white runners. You will have no problems with whatever you currently have. Don't buy the judo suits. You can get them off the intake that are currently in there as they will be finished before you need them.

You won't be getting a judo suit from me, or half the intake, half of us had to buy ours, cheeky slag

Advertisement