Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi with child seat

Options
  • 04-04-2019 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm trying to book a taxi for transfer to and from Dublin airport that has a car seat for my baby. Most firms saying they can't guarantee car with seat on day of booking.
    Recommendations v welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Tried getting this about a year ago. Found one place in Kilbarrack, now closed. They told me they'd have two seats, turned up with one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

As far as I recall, taxis were exempt from the need to use them. Unless thats changed. It'll be why you'd have a difficult time finding someone to provide one. Storing in the boot during the day, will reduce the amount of space for luggage.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,889 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

As far as I recall, taxis were exempt from the need to use them. Unless thats changed. It'll be why you'd have a difficult time finding someone to provide one. Storing in the boot during the day, will reduce the amount of space for luggage.

Insurance issues would be a bigger concern. If the driver supplied and fitted the seat and was involved in a crash where the baby was injured they'd be fecked. That's what they don't supply or fit them.

Advertisement