Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pixies: Dublin and Belfast 2019

• 03-04-2019 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

Tickets go on sale on Friday morning
    25 Sept: Ulster Hall, Belfast
    26 Sept: Olympia Theatre, Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ah, always a pleasure. After a terrible show with Arcade Fire in Marley Park, they were right back on form in the Iveagh Gardens and in Trinity. I wouldn't miss them.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Last time in the Olympia was great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

How much are tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Last time in the Olympia was great

Really? Doolittle album tour set was less than an hour long... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Wooderson wrote: »

Yeah, I was actually a bit disappointed that night. I was stuck up on the balcony and was disgusted that the first couple of rows couldn't be arsed jumping around, not even for Debaser.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,953 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

PCros wrote: »
    How much are tickets?

one million dollars !!!!1111

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

sydthebeat wrote: »
    one million dollars !!!!1111

highly doubtful

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

that was my favourite gig to see them at, I had great seats and am not a big fan of outdoor gigs.

http://www.olympia.ie/whats-on/pixies/
    PIXIES LAUNCH THE FIRST LEG OF ITS 2019 - 2020 WORLD TOUR WITH MAJOR UK/EUROPEAN TREK

They play Dublin's Olympia Theatre on Thursday 26th September. Dates will coincide with the release of the band’s New Studio Album, due in September 2019.

Tickets priced from €46.20 including booking fee and €1 restoration levy go on sale at 10am on Friday 5th April via Ticketmaster.ie, usual Ticketmaster outlets nationwide (list here) including The Olympia Theatre Box Office, and by calling Ticketmaster at The Olympia Phone Bookings on 0818 719 330.

PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR ANTI-TOUTING TICKET CONDITION

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

The Doolittle tour wasn't the last time they played the Olympia. The last time they did two or three nights and played loads of stuff from Tromp Le Monde and such that they had not been playing on previous tours. It was amazing.

The Doolittle tour wasn't the last time they played the Olympia. The last time they did two or three nights and played loads of stuff from Tromp Le Monde and such that they had not been playing on previous tours. It was amazing.

Was Kimmy in the band then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

Was Kimmy in the band then?
    Kim Shattuck from the Muffs

Kimmy D.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Penfailed

PCros wrote: »
    How much are tickets?

The Belfast gig is £42.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

Kimmy D.

Kim Shattuck was in the band that time

• Registered Users Posts: 12,297 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

any pre-sale tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,351 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Its odd how they haven't played any festivals since Oxegen.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Toast

Oxegen was enough to put many artists off music in general. They do festivals in other countries.. last time I saw them was a terrible show at Glastonbury... that was the same weekend they did the slot for Arcade Fire in Ireland which I heard was equally terrible.

There were 3 nights at the Olympia for the Doolittle show. Depending on when you went you got a progressively better set. The first show was nothing but the album. Second had a support (RSAG I think?) and I think they added where is my mind at the end. I heard on the third night they had six or so extra songs added to the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You can see the setlists for the doolittle tour here. They did the B sides from doolittle first or as encores.

21 songs first night, 21 2nd, and 22 on the 3rd (it had where is my mind as an encore)

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pixies/2009/olympia-theatre-dublin-ireland-7bd782a8.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Toast

Sorry it was Glasgow who got the extra songs in the encore. I just remember I felt I got ripped off a little https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62398628&postcount=324

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭laros

Penfailed wrote: »
    The Belfast gig is £42.

Dublin tickets seem to be from €47 plus charges, there doesn't seem to be any presales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Easily my favorite live band. Have seen them about ten times in various countries at this stage and would be loathe to miss them.
    That Marley gig nearly broke me but the trinity gig made up for it.
    Will be pissed if I don’t get a ticket.

Guaranteed to add the Friday in Dublin, expect announcement at 9.10 tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭spindex

Guaranteed to add the Friday in Dublin, expect announcement at 9.10 tomorrow.

Guaranteed your wrong, Ben Elton will be in the Olympia on the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

Kim Shattuck was in the band that time

Yep - it was Kim S

I was at the gig on Tuesday 19th November 2013 and managed to get her pick from the pit at the end.

I took a photo of the pick and shared it years ago on FB, then when I got home I realized the pick had Kim S printed on the back - no idea if I still have it.

https://imgur.com/UsNOMum
    https://imgur.com/xVDE0an

spindex wrote: »
    Guaranteed your wrong, Ben Elton will be in the Olympia on the Friday.
    Guaranteed you are right. They did 2 nights last time in the Olympia, but maybe 2 nights across Ireland is enough for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,685 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Had 2 restricted views in the Circle but tried to chance getting something better............then lost out. Aaaggghhh

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭adam240610

Sold out instantly, was on the website from half eight on three different browsers...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Peckham

Fingers poised since 9.55 on two devices.

Nothing!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Didnt think they would sell out, wife is going to kill me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Got 2 for Upper Circle. :D

Advertisement