Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment April Intake (2019)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

NYB wrote: »
    Well lads what's our chances today?
    Any sign offs for the 2017 gang?
    Usually in the PM.
    Keep posting.

Fingers crossed. I'm from 2017 myself. Medical and Physical done since just under 1 year ago. File went to ''Awaiting Sign off'' there last week. It's been long wait so hopefully we get a good answer.

Any news if the intakes are actually full?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kellbag91

Hoopy1888 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed. I'm from 2017 myself. Medical and Physical done since just under 1 year ago. File went to ''Awaiting Sign off'' there last week. It's been long wait so hopefully we get a good answer.

Any news if the intakes are actually full?

Any idea why it took so long or is the wait just standard for alot of people.

kellbag91 wrote: »
    Any idea why it took so long or is the wait just standard for alot of people.

It's case by case really. I had relatives living abroad in Australia and UK so I think that's the issue there why it took so long. Some ppl get lucky and go through quick where others are waiting longer than I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 userunkown

Some more offers out today.
    Is there a whatsapp?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NYB

Did you get one?

• Advertisement

NYB wrote: »
    Did you get one?

Yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 39 minionpower

userunkown wrote: »
    Yeah
    Wen did you get your offer??

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NYB

Yeah

Congratulations. Some hope for the rest of us.
    What campaign and OOM?

Today at 2.
    I'm from 2018
    Oom in around 400s

• Registered Users Posts: 43 leixlipgirl

Today at 2.
    I'm from 2018
    Oom in around 400s

Congratulations can I ask if your male or female

• Advertisement

Today at 2.
    I'm from 2018
    Oom in around 400s

For the 15th Induction?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mright123

Today at 2.
    I'm from 2018
    Oom in around 400s

Congratulations, that's brilliant news to get. Can I ask when did you sit the PCT and medical? You must have had your local vetting done well in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dubj

I have PCT, medical and local vetting done unsure about other vetting so frustrating not getting an offer! I am 2018 and number 298.

dubj wrote: »
    I have PCT, medical and local vetting done unsure about other vetting so frustrating not getting an offer! I am 2018 and number 298.

I no wat you mean I’m losen the will now I’m from 2017 all done and number 78

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dubj

My god that’s very annoying for you! Would love to know how the system works! Let’s hope there may be more offers during the week!

dubj wrote: »
    My god that’s very annoying for you! Would love to know how the system works! Let’s hope there may be more offers during the week!

Very annoying to be honest, the system there working on is no good,
    I’m a female and don’t no how many woman they take on

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Billy b 123

That’s very strang what do thy say when you ring ?

That’s very strang what do thy say when you ring ?

Same thing
    There is no set time frame for having files signed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ddylan

i have got a interview in the inspector this week and they said it needs to be done before application for next intake? i have to hand in a months notice in work but that wont be possible can you defer an offer for any other reason the college?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 171268

Hi, I’m looking for an opinion from anyone going down for the April intake. Are people bringing down every item that was on the list for the first day of induction or for the actual start date? Also are people of the opinion that the rooms we will stay in for the induction week will be our permanent rooms? If this was the case then it would be possible to leave your belongings in the college until the official start date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 foam

171268 wrote: »
    Hi, I’m looking for an opinion from anyone going down for the April intake. Are people bringing down every item that was on the list for the first day of induction or for the actual start date? Also are people of the opinion that the rooms we will stay in for the induction week will be our permanent rooms? If this was the case then it would be possible to leave your belongings in the college until the official start date.

The room you get will be the room you will have when you come back down to start properly so you can leave stuff there. You won't need everything on the list. You will need to buy the tracksuit on the first day of induction.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 171268

foam wrote: »
    The room you get will be the room you will have when you come back down to start properly so you can leave stuff there. You won't need everything on the list. You will need to buy the tracksuit on the first day of induction.

Cheers appreciate that, I was thinking the likes of new runners could be left until nearer the start date.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 foam

171268 wrote: »
    Cheers appreciate that, I was thinking the likes of new runners could be left until nearer the start date.

You won't need to buy white runners. You will have no problems with whatever you currently have. Don't buy the judo suits. You can get them off the intake that are currently in there as they will be finished before you need them.

Do they need to give you a certain amount of notice before they request you to start ?

has anyone who done there Fitness late march and medical two weeks ago get an offer yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fabio_1988

ddylan wrote: »
    i have got a interview in the inspector this week and they said it needs to be done before application for next intake? i have to hand in a months notice in work but that wont be possible can you defer an offer for any other reason the college?

Have they offered u a start date in April once u meet the inspector?

no not yet just wondering after the meeting with him and goes well is it likely to get an offer for april?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Redfox21

no not yet just wondering after the meeting with him and goes well is it likely to get an offer for april?

I had mine in july 2018 and still no offer. . No family abroad ... its all depends.. but it looks like they forgot about candidates from 2016/17 and they prioritise 2018 now so u never know

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fabio_1988

If your vetting is back already you might have an outside chance. Time is against you though.

• Advertisement

so if the appointments say you have vetting outstanding is that just the meeting that i have with the super?

Advertisement