Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

A little help with location of tattoos..

Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ walkman2302

Hey guys, I’m wondering if any of you could point me in the right direction. I have read the PSNI policy on tattoos however I’m a bit confused. Do they now in current times think it would be acceptable to have one for instance on your inner forearm providing it was covered up? The confusion comes in whenever I hear people say tattoos are unacceptable because of say a short sleeve order during the summer? Any advice or experience on the matter would help greatly.

Comments

• Hey guys, I’m wondering if any of you could point me in the right direction. I have read the PSNI policy on tattoos however I’m a bit confused. Do they now in current times think it would be acceptable to have one for instance on your inner forearm providing it was covered up? The confusion comes in whenever I hear people say tattoos are unacceptable because of say a short sleeve order during the summer? Any advice or experience on the matter would help greatly.

You'll just have to wear long sleeves all the time bud. Plenty of peelers have full sleeve tattoos.

However if said tattoo is obscene or offensive...

• YNWA27 wrote: »
    You'll just have to wear long sleeves all the time bud. Plenty of peelers have full sleeve tattoos.

However if said tattoo is obscene or offensive...

Thanks mate, it’s nothing offensive or discriminatory in any way it is more the placement of the tattoo itself. It can be easily covered up with a long sleeve shirt. I know the policy itself is a bit of a grey area.

• No requirements to wear long sleeve shirts to hide tattoos. Policy has changed and they can be displayed with normal short sleeve uniform. Anything offensive or discriminatory will more than likely cause your vetting to be denied.

Advertisement