Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's with the non-festival chat in the weekends

• 31-03-2019 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭

I don't understand this why no Electric Picnic or ATN talk on the Saturdays and Sundays, sometimes I just want to gab about the acts or the acts to be. I suppose everyone is doing something in the weekend but look at Efest forums, the chat is going on all of the time.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Can't delete now, shouldn't have started this thread, ignore, let it sink.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Keep er lit

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭milehip

Sure just post in the eFest forums then.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I don't understand this why no Electric Picnic or ATN talk on the Saturdays and Sundays, sometimes I just want to gab about the acts or the acts to be. I suppose everyone is doing something in the weekend but look at Efest forums, the chat is going on all of the time.

Basically, I would imagine that most of us are button and tie office slaves who, from Monday at 9AM to Friday 5.30PM sit in our smaller-than-a-prison-cell cubicles and crunch the numbers.

Crunch crunch crunch, gabble gabble gabble. Buy for a dollar and sell for a dime etc.

But in an Orwellian style glimmer of hope, occasionally us corporate stooges look out the window and see people drinking cans on the street in the sunshine. Instantly, our minds are filled with memories of festivlas past, those carefree days when pants are optional and shirts are thoroughly discouraged.

Filled with this glimmer of hope, we check to see if Barry in accounts is around before surreptitiously checking the boards.ie Gigs and Events forum and with active anticipation we see that there are a bunch of new posts in the All Together Now threads.

Could it be a new announcement with Tame Impala, the Cure and New Order now added? No, its someone worrying if their installment plan tickets will arrive in the next few weeks. But still, it fills our little hearts with hope for a better world.

Advertisement