Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,830 ✭✭✭893bet

264hvcz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

funkyouup wrote: »
    Hard to see in low light but suprisingly good in the sun.
    I have a similar gshock and can't wear cos most of the time its to dark out...can't just casually glance at the watch to get the time ...need to angle it correctly . Shame as its a nice watch

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I have one too and the same, pity as there's a really cool bracelet on it.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

[QUOTE

The watch that got me into the hobby, back on the wrist for the first time in years after having the glass replaced for the second time. There's obvious sentimental attachment to it but it is a bit on the small side for my liking.[/QUOTE]

What a beauty!

IMG-20190326-224303-706.jpg

Exploring a pint of Guinness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

morritty wrote: »
    This arrived yesterday

That is gorgeous, any more details?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭theheavyhitter

2shea wrote: »
    IMG-20190326-224303-706.jpg

Exploring a pint of Guinness

Iconic piece. I love the Ian Fleming heritage of it. Of all the steel sports pieces, it really has a great history. Wear it in good health. Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    This arrived yesterday

That is gorgeous, any more details?
    Cheers, I haven't spent much time with it yet, It's a Dan Henry 1964 and for 250 quid, you cant go wrong, They wont ship direct to Ireland due to too many going missing with An Post, so it needs to be a Parcel Motel/Parcel Wizard job.
    Mine arrived this morning, I cant comment too much on it just yet, but it really is a lovely piece. it looks great on my 6.75 inch wrist. I don't feel its much smaller than my SKX007. The hands are slightly harder to read than I would have thought on the grey model. and i think I'll change the stock strap to something more substantial or maybe a racing strap, just need to find the right colour. I haven't tried the bracelet but i don't think i will to be honest, for me it's made to be on a strap.

The biggest and smallest Seiko watches in my collection
    37mm and 45mm

Screenshot-20190328-110236.jpg

Both on Barton quick release silicone straps.
    The silicone strap makes the Sumo much more wearable, it's so much more comfortable.

Screenshot-20190328-110358.jpg

Screenshot-20190328-110336.jpg

37mm and 45mm

I don't know if you like Oyster bracelets? But if you do, check out this Rolex 15200 style one. I had it on my SNXS77, and the end links fit the Seiko 5 case perfectly. Its solid link, with screw pins, so much better than the folded link bracelet that comes on the SNXS.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01GUYB1JS?pf_rd_p=330fbd82-d4fe-42e5-9c16-d4b886747c64&pf_rd_r=5NRFE0E654JDNQ7T2G0X

• Advertisement

37mm and 45mm

I don't know if you like Oyster bracelets? But if you do, check out this Rolex 15200 style one. I had it on my SNXS77, and the end links fit the Seiko 5 case perfectly. Its solid link, with screw pins, so much better than the folded link bracelet that comes on the SNXS.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01GUYB1JS?pf_rd_p=330fbd82-d4fe-42e5-9c16-d4b886747c64&pf_rd_r=5NRFE0E654JDNQ7T2G0X

For £20 you can't go wrong, screw pins too. Think I'll be offering one if them. Cheers

For £20 you can't go wrong, screw pins too. Think I'll be offering one if them. Cheers

The quality is very good for the price. OK its not a Strapcode, but the screw pins and solid links are definitely better than the stock Seiko bracelet.
    The fit is perfect on the case and lugs, so I think it must have been made for the Seiko 5 range.
    You can get around the "does not post to Ireland" on Amazon.co.uk by using Parcelmotel or Addresspal. Even adding 4 Euro to the price its still a good deal.
    A word of advice though, heat up the screws with a lighter or blowtorch before undoing them, as the white threadlock is quite strong. This saves chewing the screw heads. I found a 1.6mm screwdriver fits them well.

This will do me until my Smurf is allocated. Shame they don't make the Smurf in steel, as I prefer the 904L finish to 18K white gold.
    https://ibb.co/kcBQ5Cs

This will do me until my Smurf is allocated. Shame they don't make the Smurf in steel, as I prefer the 904L finish to 18K white gold.
    https://ibb.co/kcBQ5Cs

Smurf is nice.

What’s in the collection at the moment?

893bet wrote: »
    Smurf is nice.

What’s in the collection at the moment?

No offence implied, I prefer to keep that private. But what I can tell you is over the years, I have progressively less pieces and moved up to higher tiers.
    My thinking being, less is more. I prefer quality over quantity. Also sometimes its not a case of being limited by means to purchase a grail piece, its just a case of having to wait for one to be allocated. For example I wanted a specific Calatrava but couldn't find it in stock at any of the Patek Philippe AD's within a reasonable travelling distance.

f3vgh.jpg

Lovely piece. I always liked the orange bezel Planet Ocean. Wear it in good health. Regards.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Moved Rolex discussion into Rolex thread. Go to the thread here to continue.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

A more off the radar name Yema from France was mentioned on another thread hereabouts and funny enough I'm wearing mine today.

476539.jpg

80's Yema Superman, the last version made by the company before it went wallop. Seiko quartz movement, with tritium lume, rated to "999 feet". Though a French company they often printed the rating in feet rather than metres even within France. The bit near the crown(screw down) is a Yema patented clamp that holds the bezel securely. If you buy a vintage one be very sure to get said clamp as they're like rocking horse poo to find. Time was you could pick any version Superman up for under a hundred quid, now they've gone nuts. 60's 70's examples can go for 1500 quid, even the later quartz go for 500 odd, sometimes more.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Thanks for the picture Wibbs. Lovely piece. I like the heritage reissue of it.
    The blue sunburst dial and block indices are really vintage looking.
    I think they are using sapphire for the bezel now, rather than the original bakelite.
    Also the bracelet has solid links and a milled clasp, rather than the Veet folded links of the original.
    https://ibb.co/ypstnjC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,510 ✭✭✭micks_address

Ok famous last words

23sc0o5.jpg

284kkl.jpg

It's amazing how light it feels on the wrist compared to my steinhart diver or ghock.. I like the manual wind a lot.. very early impressions.. think it's the enameled like dial watch I was after.. just has that classic dress watch look about it.

Lovely Stowa micks_address. I like the clean dial with Romans; a classic look. The knurling on the crown looks sharp, do you find it digs into your wrist?
    Wear it in good health. Regards.

Lovely Stowa micks_address. I like the clean dial with Romans; a classic look. The knurling on the crown looks sharp, do you find it digs into your wrist?
    Wear it in good health. Regards.
    Thanks only on an hour but no complaints re comfort yet.. I like the Roman numerals but the date is in Arabic which might throw off the balance a bit :) I figured might as well have the date on it. My first manual wind watch so interesting experience. I'll pop up a picture of the back to as the movement looks class

Case back

2r7uhyu.jpg

I should mention the excellent service from Stowa. On the website they said 2 to 3 weeks delivery time. I wanted for next week and they assured me I'd have it. Also I changed from the automatic to the manual wind movement only last week and they were able to swap it in. They also checked my wrist size for the strap. It left their factory Tuesday and was in my office in less than 24 hours later..I was working from home yesterday so had to wait till today to pick up. Early days but so far really like it. The blue hands are a bit of a chameleon.. they only look blue in certain light. Question for the experts. Should you wind till the winder stops? I haven't yet.. the resistance increased but is it ok to keep going?
    Thanks,
    Mick

2ewe73p.jpg

The manual wind movement is just as good looking as their automatic. I like the blue hands, and also blue hands too.
    Stowa are a great value/quality brand at their respective price tier. I often think they don't get the respect that is due.
    Interesting to hear about their excellent customer service too. I think that is a valuable edge that Steinhart, Stowa, and other smaller brands have over the big brands; better customer service.
    I used to prefer the old big-S logo, but have changed my mind on that and actually prefer the newer Stowa logo now.

IMG-20190328-182555-247.jpg

Getting the dial charged up in today's sun!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,064 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Jaysus lads we have enough freckles between us anyway

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »

Haha yep!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭scotchy

OmegaGene wrote: »

I've been meaning to post this since I first came onto the thread:D