Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Recruitment April Intake (2019)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LukeCoyler

Polly26 wrote: »
    I got offer too.. and up to yesterday I still had one format of vetting outstanding.. hope for us all

Hey, congrats! Did you get an offer for April or July?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ALD123

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    Congrats. Did you get the offer this eve?

Yeah I literally received the email at 19:30 this evening. There is hope for everyone I would say between now and Friday they will be flat out getting the files signed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Coconut21015

Got an offer. Problem is I want to finish my degree which will be done in May. Has anyone deferred until July? And what are the chances I would be called for July if I do defer?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Hot_Fuzz

Got an offer. Problem is I want to finish my degree which will be done in May. Has anyone deferred until July? And what are the chances I would be called for July if I do defer?

A few people have deferred to finish degrees in time for the next round, not overly uncommon! Did your offer come today?

Hot_Fuzz wrote: »
    A few people have deferred to finish degrees in time for the next round, not overly uncommon! Did your offer come today?

Got it yesterday evening. Just unsure of what to do. There's no point quitting my course as I'm in my fourth year with only just over a month left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Holeymoley11

Got it yesterday evening. Just unsure of what to do. There's no point quitting my course as I'm in my fourth year with only just over a month left

I’d say they would have no prob deferring you till July. Give them a call and get the ball rolling ASAP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

I deferred April offer some weeks ago for degree also. I was told that if you are signed off for April, you would most likely get July, however there is a chance you wouldn't if your OOM was high, for example I was 400s so if 200 people below me in OOM or in previous campaigns (2016/2017) get signed off & get offers for July I wouldn't get July and probably be December.

But it would be quite unlikely. Also if you are deferring for a degree, when calling HRM they seem very supportive and encouraging in having you complete the degree when advising about the deferral.

bottar1 wrote: »
    I deferred until after April offer some weeks ago for degree also. I was told that if you are signed off for April, you would most likely get July, however there is a chance you wouldn't if your OOM was high, for example I was 400s so if 200 people below me in OOM or in previous campaigns (2016/2017) get signed off & get offers for July I wouldn't get July and probably be December.

But it would be quite unlikely. Also if you are deferring for a degree, when calling HRM they seem very supportive and encouraging in having you complete the degree when advising about the deferral.

That's good to hear. I'm mid 200s so should be almost sure of a place in July hopefully. I just emailed hrm and they have asked my college and course so it looks promising

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NYB

Are these offers for April 15th induction week?

NYB wrote: »
    Are these offers for April 15th induction week?

Yeah. Got the offer yesterday evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 RussellHobbs

Got my email lastnight, from June 2017 campaign and starting in April. Vetting took a while but not as long as some of the other people here, did my PCT last Sept, so been waiting since then.

I've a bit of a situation myself though, I'm getting married in August so was looking to get a week off for it, wasn't sure if I was getting in before then or not so have everything booked. I did talk to a Sergeant in Templemore about a week ago about getting that week off, he was very polite and helpful and did say it should be ok assuming I was starting in July, I will give him a ring back and see what's the story now but what do you's think, getting a week off half way through possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

ALD123 wrote: »
    Got my offer!! From the June 2017 campaign, and literally up until yesterday my vetting was still not cleared. If anyone is in that boat the only answer is stay ringing them and hounding them because I honestly think that helped.

Got told on Tues my vetting came back just that morning and now awaiting sign off. Never thought I'd see the day that happening.. From 2017 and all other bits done nearly a year ago. What's the chances of getting in April? Well done btw

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kellbag91

Quick question has anyone from the 2018 campaign got an offer for April or is the vast majority of people from 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 tutiefruite

kellbag91 wrote: »
    Quick question has anyone from the 2018 campaign got an offer for April or is the vast majority of people from 2018.

Lots from 2018 got offers for April

• Registered Users Posts: 39 minionpower

I’m from 2017 campaign and all my vetting came back over a month ago and still waiting to be signed off.. 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Billy b 123

I’m from 2017 campaign and all my vetting came back over a month ago and still waiting to be signed off.. 😞

I don’t understand how signing off takes longer for some people and not others

• Registered Users Posts: 39 minionpower

I don’t understand how signing off takes longer for some people and not others

I don’t understand it either.. I don’t know what to be at, am I going or not, I’m always checking my emails

Any offers today?

From 2017 campaign and just found out my vetting came back Wednesday morning after over a year calling and getting the same "vetting still outstanding answer"
    Medical and physical are done since last April and may.
    Next step is that it goes to commission for sign off.
    What are my chances for April? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gadaves

Hoopy1888 wrote: »
    From 2017 campaign and just found out my vetting came back Wednesday morning after over a year calling and getting the same "vetting still outstanding answer"
    Medical and physical are done since last April and may.
    Next step is that it goes to commission for sign off.
    What are my chances for April? Cheers

I'd say there is a good chance, from what I heard they were struggling to fill April so fingers crossed you might be in luck.

• Advertisement

Is there anyone still waiting on sign off? seems some are signed off straight away and others it takes longer

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bigred88

Is there anyone still waiting on sign off? seems some are signed off straight away and others it takes longer

Lad if you go back through this forum you’ll see a rake load of us that have been sent for sign off since before Christmas and still nothing.
    I reckon that if anything minor flags up the main man himself has to give it a once over and not just his team .

Bigred88 wrote: »
    Lad if you go back through this forum you’ll see a rake load of us that have been sent for sign off since before Christmas and still nothing.
    I reckon that if anything minor flags up the main man himself has to give it a once over and not just his team .
    Thanks, thought the vetting would of covered all this and it fairly straight forward

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Anyone else worried about getting an offer because they've let their fitness slide?

How long after you start in Templemore do you have to do the PCT again? What happens if you fail and how many times do you have to do the PCT in the 32 weeks and then Phase II and III anyone know?

Gadaves wrote: »
    I'd say there is a good chance, from what I heard they were struggling to fill April so fingers crossed you might be in luck.

Fingers crossed alright. Leaving it tight to fill the spots. Chap on the phone said it wasn't full so look I'll just keep checking emails. They said they are calling ppl every day that got offers to see if there taking them

Probably a little off topic, but anyone know for sure if you can work on a Saturday while you're in the college? I was talking to a Guard about it and he said no, pretty much but didn't overly sound confident in his answer.

Probably a little off topic, but anyone know for sure if you can work on a Saturday while you're in the college? I was talking to a Guard about it and he said no, pretty much but didn't overly sound confident in his answer.

You can as long as it’s not in a list of industries set by them and doesn’t impact your work or duties during college

Hot_Fuzz wrote: »
    You can as long as it’s not in a list of industries set by them and doesn’t impact your work or duties during college

Thanks for the reply mate, it's in retail and is 9-6 on a Sat so don't think it would be a job in their list. ðŸ‘

Thanks for the reply mate, it's in retail and is 9-6 on a Sat so don't think it would be a job in their list. ðŸ‘

I’d say you’ll get away with that one unless it’s a illegitimate pharmaceutical shop haha

• Advertisement

Well lads what's our chances today?
    Any sign offs for the 2017 gang?
    Usually in the PM.
    Keep posting.

Advertisement