Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cuphead on Switch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The start of the new Nintendo-Microsoft partnership.

Cuphead will be fantastic on Switch.

Ori too possibly?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Cuphead.

Banjo, mate, just don't buy it, if Dark Souls was too much for you then Cuphead is going to reduce you to tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Cuphead.

Banjo, mate, just don't buy it, if Dark Souls was too much for you then Cuphead is going to reduce you to tears.

Now now don't be picking on Banjo :pac:

With Cuphead just announced for Switch, Microsoft have also just announced that Xbox Live integration for it will be coming after launch.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/03/20/gdc-evolving-idxbox-program-for-developers/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Cuphead.

Nobody calls me chicken, Needles! NOBODY!
    Been looking for something to relieve the high-stress high-stakes breakneck pace of Stardew Valley, this'll do nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Cuphead's great news- I was this close to picking it up on Steam last week. They also said they're having an indie sale this week and there's a few titles in there that I'd like to play, so I'm about to add to my backlog something fierce.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Banjo wrote: »
    Nobody calls me chicken, Needles! NOBODY!
    Been looking for something to relieve the high-stress high-stakes breakneck pace of Stardew Valley, this'll do nicely.

Well, don't say I didn't warn you...

A Cuphead dev over on Resetera has confirmed that it will get a physical release after the upcoming DLC has released. He also hinted that there will be some extra goodies with the physical release.

Corholio wrote: »
    A Cuphead dev over on Resetera has confirmed that it will get a physical release after the upcoming DLC has released. He also hinted that there will be some extra goodies with the physical release.

This is the best news.
    I think I'll be holding off until it's out.
    I'm going to be extra pushy and demand goodies along with, sticker sheets, comic books, soundtracks, whatever they can shoehorn into a Switch game case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

This is the best news.
    I think I'll be holding off until it's out.
    I'm going to be extra pushy and demand goodies along with, sticker sheets, comic books, soundtracks, whatever they can shoehorn into a Switch game case.

Haven't seen comic books but I've gotten Switch games with very meaty thick game manuals ('member them kids!! Granada does !!) Nicalis Inc do very goody heavy extras with their Switch releases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Cuphead... Absolutely love the art style but it looks like the kind of game that will have me flinging the Switch in to the deepest body of water I can find.

fixxxer wrote: »
    Cuphead... Absolutely love the art style but it looks like the kind of game that will have me flinging the Switch in to the deepest body of water I can find.

It's tough but you only die because you made a mistake not because the game is cheap.

The music in it is brilliant as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

TitianGerm wrote: »
    It's tough but you only die because you made a mistake not because the game is cheap.

Oh good, so I'll just take out my fury on myself instead of the Switch :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

fixxxer wrote: »
    Oh good, so I'll just take out my fury on myself instead of the Switch :pac:

I've definitely damaged an xbox controller over this game. It's very frustrating. The physical version should come with a rubber case for your switch so it doesn't break when you fling it across the room in frustration.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

TitianGerm wrote: »

Ah yeah, but it also has a reputation for, ah, making it much easier to make mistakes than many other games do :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

chrislad wrote: »
    Cuphead is excellent. Its tough but fair.

I'd try out a demo of it but I've been bitten a few too many times recently by platformers that get great reviews but turn out to be far harder or fiddlier than I can be arsed mastering, no matter how much I like the music and visuals (Super Meat Boy and They Bleed Pixels both come to mind - got a fair way through each on Steam, then hit a wall where it wasn't even slightly fun to keep trying to progress).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

I feel up to the challenge after beating Hollow Knight and Celeste, both of which had me tearing my hair out at certain points! Does introducing a second player make it easier?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: Cuphead deserves its own thread. :)

FYI it will be a 3.3GB download.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭geotrig

I might fair better at it on the switch :shifty: haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I'll definitely be getting it. One of my mates in work has been raving about Cuphead - he's played the hell out of it and 100%'d all achievements etc (PC Version)

geotrig wrote: »
    I might fair better at it on the switch :shifty: haha

I'd be surprised if it doesn't sell more copies on Switch than the Xbox and PC combined. It's a perfect game for Switch and Cuphead is a great pick up and play game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just pre-ordered this now - I've been very bad with PreOrders this month - Yoshi, Final Fantasy X/X-2, Final Fantasy XII, Resident Evil 4, and now this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

If you love your Switch, you might not want to get too comfortable playing this in handheld mode :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

What time are we allow play at?

safetyboy wrote: »

Is it still not unlocking? It wasn't for me this morning around 7am/8am, but Nintendo said 3rd party games can be as late as 12pm, but that time has come and gone.

No sign yet, I just checked. I'll try again after 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bencfc69

safetyboy wrote: »

I think it's 12pm US time.

Not unlocking here yet. Practically the 19th. Bad form really.

• Advertisement

As I type that, it's connected - seems to be good now, but there's a patch download right away it looks like.

Advertisement