Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 32 Captains Thread

• 27-03-2019 1:54am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Aguero(TC) for me.
    Pogba(VC), but will prob bring in Kane and switch VC to him.

GW 32 Captain? 158 votes

Aguero(ful/CAR)
    61% 97 votes
    Aguero(ful/CAR) TC
    17% 27 votes
    Sterling(ful/CAR)
    11% 18 votes
    Sterling(ful/CAR) TC
    4% 7 votes
    Jiminez(bur/MUN)
    2% 4 votes
    Jiminez(bur/MUN) TC
    0% 0 votes
    Pogba(WAT/wol)
    0% 0 votes
    Rashford(WAT/wol)
    0% 0 votes
    Rashford(WAT/wol) TC
    0% 0 votes
    Lukaku(WAT/wol)
    0% 1 vote
    Lukaku(WAT/wol) TC
    0% 0 votes
    Hazard(car/BRI)
    0% 0 votes
    Hazard(car/BRI) TC
    0% 1 vote
    Higuain(car/BRI)
    1% 2 votes
    Higuain(car/BRI) TC
    0% 1 vote
    Other: Mention in thread.
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Ummm, where is the PVA (TC) option??!! :mad:

Nah, he probably only gets the VC unless I turn into a complete madman by the weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Aguero Captain. Playing FH so TC isn’t an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Aguero TC. The fixtures will never be better, and he's had a nice rest over the break

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

How is Kane not in that poll:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Ageuro TC for me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Aguero at the moment, but I'm considering Raheem as well.

TC, most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Kun. FH so no TC

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Probably Aguero TC, hopefully he starts both after a nice rest. Sterling is very tempting though, and Hazard also in good form and probably the safest bet to start both games.

manual_man wrote: »
    , and Hazard also in good form and probably the safest bet to start both games.

:confused::eek::eek:

He has 1 goal in last 5 games, and only 3 in the last 11 games. Safest bet to start both games for sure, but I wouldn't be saying he's in good form. I have him and really wish I didn't because he's not producing the returns a 10.9m player should be but transferring him out for a hit seems mad so he's stayed put.

I would nearly have David Luiz as a captain ahead of Hazard, possible Double CS, and if he was to sneck a goal in either of the games. There is a great chance of that happening than Hazard getting a 3+ goal in these matches purely based on his current forum in the league imo.

Re. Hazard his most recent form against the easier teams has been pretty good. Also showed good form over the international break. He’s definitely a contender. I’ll probably stick with Kun though

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    Re. Hazard his most recent form against the easier teams has been pretty good. Also showed good form over the international break. He’s definitely a contender. I’ll probably stick with Kun though

Don't want to de-rail the thread, but given people might make him captain based on some comments, I think it's fair to just point out his recent form against "the easier teams" say since xmas - anyone in bottom 10.

Everton - 90 mins no return
    Fulham -73 mins 1 assist
    Huddersfield -76 mins 2 goals
    Newcastle - 86 mins 1 assist
    Southampton 90 mins no returns
    Palace 90 mins no returns

Huddersfield get a hiding from most decent teams, so ignoring that game, which I think is fair, he has managed 2 assists. For 10.9m his form is not good.

Jesus scored 2 goals over the international break - but that doesn't mean that he's going to carry that form into the PL over the DGW.

Anyway back on thread - Kane for captain :)

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Don't want to de-rail the thread, but given people might make him captain based on some comments, I think it's fair to just point out his recent form against "the easier teams" say since xmas - anyone in bottom 10.

Everton - 90 mins no return
    Fulham -73 mins 1 assist
    Huddersfield -76 mins 2 goals
    Newcastle - 86 mins 1 assist
    Southampton 90 mins no returns
    Palace 90 mins no returns

Huddersfield get a hiding from most decent teams, so ignoring that game, which I think is fair, he has managed 2 assists. For 10.9m his form is not good.

Jesus scored 2 goals over the international break - but that doesn't mean that he's going to carry that form into the PL over the DGW.

Anyway back on thread - Kane for captain :)

So in his last 4 games against the easier teams he has 2 goals and 2 assists(plus an additional 6 bonus points). Add in the 3 goals he just got for Belgium over 2 qualifying games. And he was unlucky not to score against Everton. Perhaps were just looking at things a bit differently. He seems to be playing well to me. Odds on to start both games. Also Brighton may field a weakened team ahead of their FA cup semi. For me he's a serious option.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Ace2007 wrote: »
    How is Kane not in that poll:confused::confused:

Oops. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Aguerooooo got a nice little rest during the international break. Triple Captaining.

Was going with Kane initially but have to go with the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Triple captain Kun
    Triple captain Kun
    Triple captain Kun

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I never have these gut feelings but this week I really have a good feeling about Deulofeu for some reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

On current squad. Cant see past Aguero on a TC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

TC Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Should Sterling not be considered a better captain option? 8 double figure returns v 4 for Aguero. Extra point for midfielder goals and clean sheets. Got 4 goals over int break.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

On a scale of 1-10 how mental would it be to TC Leroy Sane?

Am miles off all rivals in all leagues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

ShimSlady wrote: »

Huge risk IMO

Last DGW he got 1 point in 58 mins

Sterling or Aguero a way better Man City choice. Both favoured by Pep

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Should Sterling not be considered a better captain option? 8 double figure returns v 4 for Aguero. Extra point for midfielder goals and clean sheets. Got 4 goals over int break.
    Main reason I'm going with Aguero over him is that Aguero has 2 weeks break and should play both while Sterling played twice over the break

Main reason I'm going with Aguero over him is that Aguero has 2 weeks break and should play both while Sterling played twice over the break

I think on current form Sterling has a higher points ceiling. But you're right there's a greater chance he's benched for one. Sané can fill in, or even Mendy who is back available.

Summary: watch Pep troll us all as Sterling starts both and Kun just one

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Triple captained Aug, no doubt he won't do anything now .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Triple captained Aug, no doubt he won't do anything now .

There is an air of inevitability about this, tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Far more likely to just lose more ground. If you want to punt find someone you like who you think will play 180 minutes and hope they perform above their usual level.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

TC Kane or Hazard for a better differential

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I'm thinking I'l put all my eggs in the Hazard basket and TC him. 50 points off in leagues and feel I need to roll the dice to get me back in it. Sterling is probably a safer option but others are likely to TC him this GW so me doing the same will just maintain the gap. If it works out, I am back in the hunt, if not I'll have a few extra hours to enjoy April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,765 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I'm thinking I'l put all my eggs in the Hazard basket and TC him. 50 points off in leagues and feel I need to roll the dice to get me back in it. Sterling is probably a safer option but others are likely to TC him this GW so me doing the same will just maintain the gap. If it works out, I am back in the hunt, if not I'll have a few extra hours to enjoy April.

50 points isn’t so much though at this stage. Do you back yourself to be able to make grounds elsewhere in the 7 remaining weeks? TC Aguero is still a differential this week given how many of us are condemned to regular captaincy due to the Free Hit

Advertisement