Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharon Van Etten, Vicar Street, 23rd of March

Options
  • 11-03-2019 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭

Surprised there's no thread on this as it's sold out!

Who's going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

One of the most anticipated of the year. She has great songs and some set of pipes on her..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I'm going. The last show was excellent.

Sharon: "This song is about a guy I dated..."
    Voice from the crowd: "They're ALL about guys!"
    Sharon laughs. Classic.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

That and she told us she's from good Achill Island shtock!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Decuc500

That was fantastic. Great voice, great songs. She's charismatic, talented and beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 hob79132

Thought it was good gig .. not sure about the early finish though. Think she must have only played for a 1 hour and 15 mins!

• Advertisement

It was 16 songs in an hour and a half. Not bad for €25. Actually that's the best €25 I've spent in a long while!

• Subscribers Posts: 40,995 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i won tickets and had no expectations, i was highly impressed... some voice.

had a bit of a suzzie ATB / Kate bush schtick going on at the start... but seemed to relax into it after that.

though black boys on mopeds was the highlight,... spine tingling... and really enjoyed 17.

but jesus if i never hear that support band again it will be too soon......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Brilliant gig! I bought the Remind Me Tomorrow alarm clock

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mattman_iflaf

hob79132 wrote: »
    Thought it was good gig .. not sure about the early finish though. Think she must have only played for a 1 hour and 15 mins!

Agreed for the time she played was great, however it was still the shortest gig I have ever attended at Vicar St. I was in the pub around the corner by 10:20 ! She didn't start playing til after 9 !

Advertisement