Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Cadence issues

Options
  • 24-03-2019 7:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

I have 2 Garmin cadence sensors new type and both stopped working ,I use a Garmin 520 and its working fine has HRM, and speed connected

i tried everything new battery etc still nothing ,

Bikes kept in the house and always kept clean so no signs of moisture/Water damage

Have contacted Garmin but no reply yet?

Might this be a fault with these sensors?Anyone else having same issues ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Try taking battery out, put it back in upside down for 10 seconds or so.
    Then start again, by putting battery in correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭ciarano

Thanks tried all that and other trouble shooting but no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭ratracer

I had this happen to one of mine the other day. I unpaired it from the 520, then reconnected it and it’s been fine since.
    Might be worth a try.

Thanks for reply i did a full reset still nothing Grrr :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

This is exactly why i bailed on Garmin Products. 2 Heart Rate monitors despite being well maintained just died, Various headset units either froze on multiple occasions or required several resets to function properly, and their appaling battery life is well known.
    I've been using Wahoo products for the past 2 years and not a glitch, a pleasure to use, bulletproof. I highly recommend.

• Advertisement

Many thanks will be interested to see what Garmin say,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I’ve had no major problems with any of my sensors until I changed the battery in my HRM. Now I have to pair it each time I switch on my Garmin (800).
    It kept finding multiple monitors yesterday at Haul d Naul so I ended up just switching it off. I think I’ll try a better quality battery

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

I've had the exact same issue OP, with a couple of sensors too.

tried all the troubleshooting advice and still drawing a blank also :(

Garmin said no proof of receipt good luck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I still use and prefer the GSC10 cadence/speed sensor over the new style and haven't had any issues. One thing I have found though is that they don't like cheap 'Dealz' batteries (and work better/longer on quality Energizer/Panasonic etc batteries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Did you get this sorted? I'm having the same issue.

No Garmin basically said tough and go buy new ones Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Garmin may have the largest market share but their QC in the cycling division is muck as demonstrated over and over. Users RMAing Edges up to 5 times. There's another recent thread on one of their Power Meters doing similar sh1te.

You dont need a tat to join the light side of the force.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

ciarano wrote: »
    No Garmin basically said tough and go buy new ones Sorry

Hey I gave it a few more tries. I put the battery in backwards and set the 520 to scan for available sensors and it worked after a few searches. Scanned the right way, wrong way, right way, wrong way... It picked it up after a few gos.

Advertisement